LOVE

Comments

• I hate grocery shopping. I work in one. That being said, I have customers that come in and purchase two to three hundred dollar orders and leave paying less than one hundred. I want to shop with them.
    PiperAryanne
  • You're on the slippery slope to

PerilunaPiper
  • How is that a bad thing? They're extra resourceful. :P 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

PiperHavenLinNola
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I totally watch that show 'Extreme Couponing'. It's such a great show.
    Valenae
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I went interviewing today.

The gas station was a total success and I have a job if they have a permanent opening (she said she wouldn't waste my time with a temporary position since she knows I'd be quitting my job if one came available).

The donut place was really cool and the potential was there to make good money, but it would not have meshed with my spine needs.

But it's sweet to be wanted and the gas station wants me hard ^^.

AlistaireAryanne
  • Peter Capaldi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

AtrapoemaArekaMeskhenetSolariaJaslineAarbrokRiluo

• Rivas said:
    Peter Capaldi.
    All the yes.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Rivas said:
    Peter Capaldi.
    I'm choosing to withhold any judgement until I see him in action, but David Tennant will always be my favorite.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    <3 Vharen
    Vharen
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Severn! Best city patron ever! 
  • What else has Peter Capaldi been in?

I'll miss Matt smith. For a guy in his late 20's, he emotes like an old man that the doctor IS. It's cool

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Start my new job in two weeks. Same company, just different store and I'll be heading my own department. Better hours. Better pay. Closer to home. Oh... and it's full-time. I'm nervous and excited all rolled into one.
    NolaMeskhenetMoireanHaydynTozSetnePiperJasline
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I've had this half-semester off work so another girl could finish up, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise for me.  So my boss calls me today to ask if I wanna start back next week and is talking about how it's crazy busy there, when I come be prepared to be super busy, busy, busy, by the way we're really busy.  We're about to hang up and I hear her go WAIT WAIT WAIT.  She then proceeds to tell me about how a panda at another zoo had twins and they have another panda cam up.  And then complains that we're so busy we don't have time to watch the panda cam.  God I can't wait to get back to work.
    AarbrokHaydyn
  • This last year has been probably the most challenging one of my life. The last month has been especially trying. Aside from having absolutely no luck in job hunting, and my primary client screwing off unexpectedly, and being in limbo for new potential writing work, my car's tire blew and I've spent the better part of a month trying to figure out how to get the tire off.

It's a fancy rim, extra low profile tire. The bolts are set into wells that are too thin to use the tire iron that came with the car. Last night, after FINALLY locating a socket set that both fits and has a handle, we managed to break the handle trying to loosen the bolt. 

I vented. This morning I woke up to someone sending me a torque wrench and someone else sending me a 4-way tire iron, plus general offers of assistance. This is on top of someone else offering to buy me a replacement tire because I can't afford one right now. 

I suck at asking for help when I need it. Having help thrown at me forcibly is pretty much the only way I will take it. Having that help offered from pretty much all directions restored my faith in the world today. I want to bake everyone a fucking pie. 
    imageimage
    Periluna
  • Piper said:
    I totally watch that show 'Extreme Couponing'. It's such a great show.
    So much drama wrapped into a shopping trip. lol I remember this one show in the first season when the narrator was like: "*GASP* Oh no! The grocery store only allows four coupons per customer. What will Sam do to salvage this shopping trip!" and it was followed by the guy panicking with subtle 'trouble' music barely playing in the background. Heh. When the show comes back on the narrator is like, "Thankfully his friends make a trip down to save him" and seven of his friends come down to stand by while the cashier rings him out. lolol

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Piper
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

@Valenae It's so true, though. I think I like it more than Kitchen Nightmares, some episodes, haha!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGJjwNmPEPE

Dr Horrible's singalong blog...with my little pony footage.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • The Aetolian community is just amazing. That is all. Thank you @Sessizlik, @Toz, @Setne, @Xavin, and @Minarael. You guys honestly made a horrible day much much better by just being amazing. Sending internet hugs to all of you.
    MinaraelSetneSessizlik
  • First day at my new position and I was on the run for 9 1/2 hours without stopping for more than 10 minutes. And you know what?

BEATS THAT THIRD SHIFT STRAIGHT TO HELL.
    AldricPerilunaJaslineEsper
    New Titan chapter and not 1, but 2 new @Haern sigs?
    It's a good week.
    [spoiler]Could be far better though.[/spoiler]

Ingram said:
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Haern's sig. I <3 all things Persona 4. It's too bad that the anime series is like $70 each for the first and second half of the DVD set. I want. D:
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    edited August 2013
    Today has been a good day. I got projects I like doing at work to do. On my way home in New Hampshire, a truck was backed up to the corner and a sign said 'free produce'. Score! I thought. Got a box of peaches, a box of corn (still in husks) and a big 3 lb. bag of broccoli. They had a donation thing and I gave 2 bucks. Went home and told mom and she and I went back for the family. They were practically begging us to take more and it was awesome because veggies are expensive and now we have enough for the whole winter.

It was a blessing.

Edit: When I mean truck, I mean semi truck full. Not pickup truck full. SEMI. Crazy happenings.

Haydyn
  • Love fresh corn! We get some from the "You Pick It" place near my town and blanch it and freeze it. Then when we want some all it takes is popping it in the microwave. Or if we want some when it's still fresh, you can microwave it in the husk.

My love? That I've lost 31 pounds and I'm down 2 sizes in pants. And actually, those are almost to the falling off point. I'm finding myself plundering through drawers in my dresser to dig out clothes that I haven't worn in a while. 

Also love that I've gotten an amazing amount of help from friends to do a mini-project that's close to my heart.

imageimage
    JaslineNolaAryanne
  • Got my car back to today! And had dinner at grandma's where I got to spend time with my awesome cousins from across the state. They came in to see my new baby cousin. I was able to see her for the first time tonight too.

Awesome night!
  • Much love to @Azton for helping me out through a bunch of n00bish coding problems. Dude's patient and extraordinarily helpful.

Random acts of kindness like that play such a big role in making our community as awesome as it is. Cheers to you guys!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanMinarael
  • Aldric said:
    Much love to @Azton for helping me out through a bunch of n00bish coding problems. Dude's patient and extraordinarily helpful.

Random acts of kindness like that play such a big role in making our community as awesome as it is. Cheers to you guys!
    SHHHH Im a grumpy old man!!

Moirean
  • I feel like I've suddenly become the duck in your sig for saying otherwise.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanHaydyn
  • uh huh the ducky doesnt have a big head :P

Much love for @feichin and @moirean for a 7:30am lesser fight.. it was lots of fun, it even made me pause my movie!!!!

Moirean
    Aetolia players need to stop being so damn attractive.

Ingram said:
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Elysium.

ELYSIUM.

Oh my god what an incredible movie. If I had the money and the time I would have marched back into the IMAX and caught another showing. You need to watch this right now.
    Piper