Mafia: The Return of Ashtan

Comments

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I was just saying that you -are- having that much of an effect on people and the game.

I know the vote for Aren seems like it comes out of no where after I say that, call it band wagoning if you like, cause it might be. I honestly have no idea. You guys confuse me on a post by post basis almost. Logic is good here, logic is bad here, and all of a sudden I don't know what to think anymore.

This is my first game, btw, if that wasn't clear. :(
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Draiman why are you voting for me? Unless you're saying I'm the annoying one (Not sure how) I'm saying this now for the benefit of all, I'm a citizen, if you kill me you'll see I'm correct. Just don't do it! 
    Xenia
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I believe Draiman jumped on a train, Aren, because all these posts are confusing as hell to those of us who have barely or never played before. I honestly have no clue wh,at exactly to look for when making decisions and at times EVERYONE is suspicious to me except Omei who was confirmed as an ally.

Right now it's not good if you bandwagon, it's not good if you start a vote on someone new, it's not good if you don't vote and it's not good if you urge for a vote. Just wondering what would be considered a good action at this point.

Claiming you're a citizen just seems plain stupid to me, since that's the easiest thing for anyone to say. However, the random sniffing from the bear (rather than going for what was requested in posts) showed me as a citizen without giving the Polemarch much of a hint to switch my alignment. Right now I have no clue on what to do though because it's all very confusing. :(

• edited August 2013
    Well, tbh, the only time I've played is irl years ago and even then it was only twice before I believe. I realize saying I'm a citizen could be a bad move and I may be easily picked off, but, seeing the way the votes are going, at least if I'm lynched you'll all realize and take a deeper interest in Llok for starting this whole thing on me for 'fuck you'.  You'll all seen I've been against him from near the start and now he's against me, plain and simple.  I'm not trying to give up or give in, but really, I picked the wrong person (ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS) and that's my fault. I'm not guilty just cause I picked a fellow citizen on accident and Llok choose to play it safe and vote for someone no one else did. Think about it...

(btw, editing cause I said THB, lol)
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    You know, I realized there was one vital piece of information available to me that I hadn't been considering. The night kills. First Damonicus. What did he do to deserve to die? He recommended that the Sentaari role-claim. Then she did. And blew up a baddie's brain. The reflector would of course protect Omei that night, and seeing as how Damonicus cost them one of their own, it makes a little more sense to me that they would target him.

Then we get to Ilyon. What the heck did he do? He made all of 3 posts. The first saying "Damn that happened fast", the second saying "Follow the white rabbit, er, Omei!", and the third saying, "Periluna is suspicious for her comments, I'm voting for her until a better option presents itself, and I think Llok is suspicious." The BAMMO! He gets whacked.

Ilyon fingered Periluna and Llok as being suspicious. If he fingered one (or two), that could definitely be seen as a threat. Is it possible they're trying to take out the folks they perceive as threats?
  • Entirely possible. Your theory isn't far-fetched in the least.

i am rapture coder
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I have yet to see Aren reply about why she was publicly asking for a sniff target, and this - to me - seems like one of the strongest clues we have going for us right now. Again, why would someone want that discussed in public, unless they were mafia trying to know how to use the Polemarch's ability? I held back my vote earlier, waiting to see it addressed, but neither Aren nor Piper have discussed their rationale for this, and it's been like 4 pages now.

We're reaching a point where we need to make a decisive vote or we're just going to keep going in circles, so I'm going to go with Aren, for sidestepping answering this (imho rather pertinent) question. Piper remains suspicious for also requesting the sniff, and if Aren turns out to be innocent, Llok turns from annoying to damn sketchy.

Vote: Aren
    Cool. We're at 7 votes for Aren, I will...

Un-Vote: Llok

For progression of the game. Rather than battle the dominating opinion that I agree with anyways, we'll see how this turns out. Whether Aren is guilty or not, Llok remains sketchy for all of my aforementioned reasons.

I also don't think I'm going to live to see tomorrow.
  • You're all making a big mistake and will vote off another citizen. All I can say is this then...in my death, consider Llok and Etrigan and Macavity...BE WARY MY FRIENDS!!
  • Aren: (8) Llok, Etrigan, Teani, Omei, Macavity, Draiman, Moirean, Demarcus

Macavity: (1) Periluna

Llok: (4) Piper, Aren, Aryanne, Meskhenet

"You guys really don't know how much of a mistake you're making," Aren growled, shaking his head angrily as he took a step back from the crowd that had been getting dangerously close. "Get back, stay away from me," he threatened, worry beginning to creep into his tone.

Unfortunately for him, one of the planks on the dock was a bit loose- something he could have likely noticed if he'd been walking forward. His ankle caught the loose plank and he fell backwards with a dull thud, his head making direct contact with the hard surface underfoot. 

The crowd grimaced and cringed as blood began trickling into the water between the cracks of the dock.

Aren has been lynched.
    He was a Citizen.

NIGHT 3 HAS BEGUN

Marzpawns remain
    The Polemarch is alive

The Sentaari is alive
    The Bahkatu is alive
    The Ascendril is alive
    Citizens remain

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    RIP Aren. :(

Demarcus
    Llok said:
    Hate to say I told you so.

Llok said:
    Ilyon. You argued for a vote. I argued for a non vote. You killed an innocent, I didn't.

YOU KILLED YOUR OWN. You're no better than scum to me :'(
    That is all.
  • Aren: (8) Llok, Etrigan, Teani, Omei, Macavity, Draiman, Moirean, Demarcus

That is all?

Oh well, a mistake but one that Aren didn't help rectify till it was significantly too late. Her bad.
    I think the point is that you were outright urging people to vote for Aren, not just stating that you believed Aren was scum. Dramatically, might I add. Especially while trying to use the numbers of what would be a worse scenario percentage-wise should another Citizen be lynched as a basis for your argument about why we should be going for Aren.

Now it's not your problem? It's the dead citizen's fault? Her bad.

Yeah.
    DemarcusAryanne

• Moirean said:
    so I'm going to go with Aren, for sidestepping answering this (imho rather pertinent) question.

Demarcus said:
    Cool. We're at 7 votes for Aren, I will...

Un-Vote: Llok

Rather than battle the dominating opinion that I agree with anyways, we'll see how this turns out.
    I said it was a mistake but Aren seemed like a logical vote. Can't take it back now.
    I just don't get how we go from "ZOMFG don't lynch civilians!" and "YOU KILLED ONE OF YOUR OWN" (note: not one of OUR own, YOUR own... and this is before Ilyon was confirmed as a citizen by him getting killed at night) to "Oh golly gee, it was a mistake, oh well!" Let me guess, more of your random personality, right?
  • The guilty are doing a good job of not appearing suspicious.
  • No. I didn't agree with the first two votes as being remotely valid so didn't vote those civilians. I thought there was a chance Aren might be a mafia, so I took it.
    Llok said:
    No. I didn't agree with the first two votes as being remotely valid so didn't vote those civilians. I thought there was a chance Aren might be a mafia, so I took it.
    Llok said:I won't take a vote that has, in my eyes, a high risk of killing a civ unless that person targets me.

Demarcus has featured heavily in this game and only civilians have been hit. With another possibly following. He, on the other hand seems gunhoe about killing civilians. Ah well, it happens, right?
    So, let me get this straight. The first two votes there was a 0% chance to kill a mafia in those votes according to your most recent post. So you have mystical powers to determine if someone is a citizen or not. Except for Aren. Suddenly the chance of her being mafia is >0%, so you took it. Yet, you won't take a vote with a high risk of killing a civilian. Your logic on how to vote here is jumbled at best, downright contradictory at worst.

Also, you criticize me for acknowledging that "Ah well, it happens, right?" when a citizen dies, and were absolutely freaking out on Ilyon saying he was no better than scum, and now you're adopting that same attitude?

No. Just, no.

• edited August 2013
    The morning sun rose in the distance, dawn's rays cast upon the sea as the citizens, growing fewer in number by the day, stepped out of their houses. Hardly any of them seemed to have gotten any sleep last night, the source of their insomnia likely the threat of imminent death on the horizon.

Families huddled together as they took the all-too-familiar steps towards the boatyards, their gazes sweeping the area in search of the corpse they KNEW would be present. It wasn't so cleverly obvious this time, no; the citizens began mutely counting the heads of those present in an attempt to decipher for themselves who had been murdered.

And then they heard it: the piercing cry of a wyrm soaring way up in the air without a rider. The beast yelled once more before making a sharp aerial turn and shooting into the distance and out of sight. Just as it turned; however, it released something that seemed to come hurdling towards the ground with dangerous speed.

Demarcus had just enough time to let out a final, fearful cry before his body hit the docks, his head shattering upon impact to send bits of gore and viscera upon the nearby onlookers.

Demarcus has been killed.
    He was a citizen.

DAY 4 HAS BEGUN

Marzpawns remain
    The Polemarch is alive

The Sentaari is alive
    The Bahkatu is alive
    The Ascendril is alive
    Citizens remain

7 votes to lynch

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Really though.
  • I had him pegged as a mafia. Man. I should just start lynching people I think are innocent, I'm...absurdly off my game.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Citizens falling left and right.
  • edited August 2013
    See, we ALMOST protected Demarcus last night.

I wish I'd listened to my first instinct.

At least another one of my instincts paid off--

Because Moirean's guilty.

Get her.

EDIT: Vote: Moirean

i am rapture coder
  • edited August 2013
    The reason I maintain that Moirean is, in fact, a viable target, and not a frame by the scum?

The numerical benefit is less so. If the scum frame an innocent citizen, then the likelihood of their innocence is a whopping 20%, making it a much easier claim. That's useless to the scum. The greater benefit, by far, lies in disguising one of the scum as an innocent; the percentage on potential guiltiness is much lower, and it gives the scum an easier time in the thread if they can question peoples' innocence. That is, without a doubt, the kind of precedent any half-decent scum player wants to establish.

This, to me, makes the question of whether or not Moirean is guilty all but answered. The scum want to make themselves look good, in a game where the town has established such a clear edge. The Polemarch, most likely, is protecting themselves; it would be useless to use their frame on another of the scum, because if they're sniffed out and die, the scum lose the one edge they have in this game.

tl;dr: She's scum. Vote for her.

i am rapture coder
  • edited August 2013
    Finally, someone who is (more or less)confirmed and is not innocent. Hard to argue with Omei's logic.

Vote: Moirean
  • Well. It's...quite hard to argue with 'hey we found a bad one over here'. And I agree with the math, even though they might be playing aggressive, it's /something/. Which is more than we've had in a long time - three civ lynches in a row is rough.

Don't worry, the baby will be safe in my backpack when you're gone.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

DraimanXenia
    Don't need to tell me twice.

• I'm sold! Just glad we finally got one!

VOTE: MOIREAN

(On phone and can't color! Sorry)
  • Yeah, the chance that the bear would -happen- to sniff at the same person the baddies framed is very unlikely. She didn't seem like a flaming signal of guilt to me, and people weren't pointing fingers at her IN thread, so it seems unlikely that the baddies would have guessed to frame her.

VOTE: Moirean