MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    So, you remember me getting all excited about that job a few weeks back? Yeah? Ain't happening. They got a bad reference (which I had previously warned them about) from my previous employer two years ago. They have left it until literally 3 days before the end of my notice to now tell me they are cancelling the offer because of it. Despite me working in the same regulated industry for my current company for two years and who've given me a glowing reference. I told all my family and friends, I was really excited about the much needed extra money and now I've got to tell everyone that it's not happening. I just feel so....deflated. That's not even the appropriate word to describe how I feel, but it's the closest I can come to.
  • There's only one solution. 

AngweLinPeriluna
  • edited July 2013

Vharen. I dislike your signature. It's creepy, and I can't figure out where it came from? Is this Fraggle Rock?

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • I have a picture of someone with a unicorn head. I can't figure out why it won't post here from my pics folder.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • I think this is how it goes. Anyway! I told my mom about our profanity filter with the unicorns, so instead of cursing when we play Settlers of Catan, we started calling each other unicorns. ^_^ Damn sheep!
  • Rage that looking at the pictures put up on the IRE FB has made me totally wish I was able to go to IronCon. Next year!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    LinSetne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    After all the love I felt for this job when I was in Bournemouth, I just feel like I'm getting more and more stressed out at this place. Love Jersey Island. It's a great place, but the workload they've put on me just keeps growing.

I have 31 students spread out in town to tend to. My two colleagues share 36 students who all stay in the same place. To add to this, one of their students wants to move to my group instead, making me responsible for 32 students. One could say I'm catching up, but this is a race I'd rather lose.

The staff is more disorganized and inexperienced than the other town's. We leaders are charged with doing some of their work, because they can't be bothered. I've spent the last two days trying to find time enough to get to a phone store so I can top up my work phone, by plasters and bandages for my feet (my blisters have blisters) and only managed to squeeze it in today by pure luck.

I'll get through it, it's just... I needed to rant. :(

• Roommate's ex-wife showed up out of the blue with his daughter. He has previously told me not to let her in, but the duh-master left the door open again and I didn't know. So I kicked her out, but told the daughter (she's been over a few times, she's a good egg) that she could get her stuff out of the closet in the room I moved into. At one point, she went to call her dad. Luckily, wife never came back in the house, but Tom had called the cops in the meantime to watch them while he was on his way home.

I feel like I'm in the middle of a soap opera. Ugh.

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    edited July 2013
    Work has me stressed out like none other. I work at a College Testing Center, proctoring tests and being a secretary as you've probably gathered from previous rants. I work with some good people, and one not so good person. Well yesterday that not so good person lost a coversheet for a test (These are the things the instructors fill out and give to us along with testing materials. They tell us how long to keep the test open, what test it is, who gets to take it, blah blah blah). Well Instead of looking through our email to see if this instructor - who emails all her coversheets -had her email still there, Derp employee called instructor. Instructor has some bad blood with Derp, goes to the president of the college. President of the college comes down hard on my boss lady, because apparently there have been mounting complaints against our testing center (Derp in particular). 

This has caused boss lady to be in hyper drive, redoing our entire manual with processes to put in check to ensure none of this ever happens again. We also have to now start writing incident reports about every single anomaly that happens during the course of a day. Like if a student's name isn't in the database right, a test expired and we had to call an instructor. Every little nuance. The level of crazy is strong in that one.

It sucks to be told that the president of the college is considering firing the entire staff of the testing center over how everyone has been treated by a few people.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Aldric said:
    Rage that looking at the pictures put up on the IRE FB has made me totally wish I was able to go to IronCon. Next year!
    Dude. I had a ticket but I couldn't go because finances were so tight here. Talk about double rage!
    Valenae
  • edited July 2013
    My game client keeps crashing. Last night it crashed and I couldn't get it to open again. I guess it's time to switch to a new one...or get rid of my crappy, slow computer.

Edit: And also Asthma. It pretty much makes me useless at work when it acts up.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Jasline said:
    And also Asthma. It pretty much makes me useless at work when it acts up.
    Prob'ly had weariness from work, try focusing and eating kelp.
    JaslineLin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    TIL @Angwe runs inefficient curing IRL.
    What kind of people sets themselves up to ruin an amazing experience as a trip to Jersey Island, with opportunities for surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, games, beach, fun, and lots more just because they can't be bothered with a few rules meant for safety?

Is it so hard to understand why the leaders want you not to go alone, but always keep a friend with you in a new place?
    Am I being mean when I tell you that you should attend things you've signed up and paid for, and to follow the general rules you signed a paper saying you agreed to before going?

This kid is about to throw away about $2600 of his parents money and he doesn't even seem to care. They, on the other hand, are furious with him.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I hate my body. When I was a kid, I had a polyneuropathy called Guillain-Barre which attacked my nervous system and left me paralyzed for a while. Joseph Heller, author of Catch-22, writes about this syndrome in his autobiography, which is a pretty interesting read.

As an adult, it means that I often feel weak and drained pretty easily, and ache/hurt after activity. Today I cleaned my house for a few hours and I can barely stand and my hands are shaking and my whole body is just...weary. I've studied up on the syndrome and apparently this is normal (15-20% of full recovery patients feel this), which is...uhh great? It doesn't really make me enjoy it better. :P I always go mildly hypochondriac and worry that I'm going to have a relapse when I feel really wiped out and feeble like this.

And I still need to clean the carpet. That's my rage. That the carpet deep cleaning still needs to be done. STUPID CAT has decided the entire apartment is the litter box this week...the week before my boyfriend's parents fly in to meet me for the first time. EVIL CAT! >_<
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    If the cat's been using the litterbox without any problems up until now and you haven't made any changes in regards to litter type/brand/amount or cleaning habits in the litterbox area, sometimes very suddenly not using it is a sign of some health problem. You may need to get it checked out. Otherwise, make a bathroom nice and comfortable for the cat, close the door, and keep the guests out.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    He just got fleas from the neighbor's dog (they came through the walls, I think?), which I suspect is what is causing it. Part of the reason I'm in crazy cleaning mode.
  • Reading all those news articles where politicians in my country suddenly talk about introducing reasonable legislation (like forcing energy companies to be more transparent about how they calculate electricity and gas prices... guess why) only to remember that HEY IT'S ELECTION TIME, NONE OF THAT IS GONNA HAPPEN!!

:(

I hate elections. :(
    Angwe
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    edited July 2013
    I dislike the post-vacation blues! :( I miss my IRE peeps and general vacation happiness. 
  • KaleighKaleigh The Inn
    Past 4 days, have woken up with what feels like an uppercut to my face. One of my wisdom teeth are coming in and it KILLS! 
    Have to endure it for another few days, which I can already tell isn't going to be fun. 

ALSO, having my grandmother in the hospital for almost two months now fro ma broken hip, she finally gets to go home and we get to clean her apartment before she moves on to a nursing home. Her boyfriend is -not- making our lives any easier with any of this transition and it's now awkward when hes around. 

• I can't really function all that well if I don't take a shower in the morning. Basically, I never feel like I'm completely awake and I get super irritable.

Today I go to take my shower and the handle that turns on the water falls apart in my hand. I didn't even pull or turn it, it just fell right off. And I couldn't use the other shower in the house because we have family over and that bathroom is attached to the room they were sleeping in (what is usually my room). Urgh.

• edited July 2013
    I went to an Asian market today on a little adventure with some friends of mine. They had durian wafers, and I thought, "Oh hey, those look pretty good."

..Evidently I should have done some research on what a durian was before buying them, because they're easily the most horrible thing I've ever smelled in my life, and I nearly threw up from just one little bite of one.

Needless to say, this guy's probably never buying anything from said Asian market again unless I know 100% what it is.

EDIT: It's also kinda funny that Duiran is an anagram of durian. Coincidence?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Filling out apps(plural, as in fucking multitudes) for entry level jobs.

Being told sorry, you're not experienced enough.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

MinaraelTzaEsper
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited July 2013
    @Aldric

As I understand it, the Duiran from Aetolia gets its name and most of its titals (city ranks and things) from the gaelic languages. In these languages, 'duir' means 'oak' and is where the word 'druid' comes from.

I'm assuming that the fruit's name comes from a different language group, since it's grown in tropical climes.
    Lin
  • @Draiman: My favorite line when I fill out entry level job forms: "You've got a degree, you're too experienced for this."

C'mon folks, I haven't used my degree in 5 yrs. It's creative writing. How experienced can I be in it?

• So bored at work. With a stomach ache, and no enclosed area where people can't see my screen, so no Aetolia.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited July 2013
    I feel like stress is breaking me down physically. I've already reclaimed my nail biting habit o the point where my cuticles bleed but now I've been gaining weight, everything I eat is giving me really bad heartburn, and I just feel ill all the time. Also depressed. I'm just mentally worn out.

On top of that, I have to get a root canal done within the next three months. They're legit opening the dentist office for me on a saturday that they weren't planning on it JUST to get me taken care of.. and setting up a payment plan. It's touching and I love them for it but I'm also scared. Very scared and even more stressed then I was before the appointment leading up to the scheduling of the procedure.
    @Piper: I feel for you. I have always feared going to the dentist and done a root canal. Just letting you know that it's worth going to get it fixed no matter what, because damn, it hurts. <3

Piper
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I've never had one. I am so antsy about my teeth, it's not even funny. I mean, I'm willing shove all my free money for the next year into making sure I have teeth when I grow old,I'm that antsy. Years of not having insurance to take care of your problems does that to a girl. :(

Luckily, they tell me that I'm doing much better now than I was a year ago. I'm back to routine visits but.. bbrrr... scary.

/me lean @Teani