Mildly Irritating: Aetolia's Pet Peeves

Comments

• edited April 2022
    > @Bulrok said:
    > 1.) He was online today, helping with the very event you are complaining about
    > 2.) He said it was worthy of ridicule. He didn't actually ridicule her opinion.

Go back up and read. I explained the issue and retracted my complaints. I also said, yes, he was on today.
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Elene said:

@Aeryx - What is keeping you from having the wedding? Just host it! Shit/events happen without accounting for what we have schedule, like Galilei's Tanix festival, or Roux's Waterfyre and there's really no helping it. Also, taking a break from the war is allowed! Not every war has to be fought or fully engaged with 24/7.

We are still going to do it, I wasn't complaining about it. I'm okay with how it's going to go down, as I said in my post I more care about how it's not going to be all that it could be otherwise, with all the preparation other people have put in. I understand this is how these things go, but it doesn't make it to where I'm not still a little sad about it.

I am also completely in agreement with your last statement. This is a game, noone is obliged to stay logged in for 13-16 hours a day like some of us do. I am not mad about the outcome of the event, I'm not even mad about how it's going to affect our wedding event tomorrow. What I am annoyed about is this general mentality people have on this game of 'Oh man, this person is so wrong, their opinion is so bad, I'm gonna go ridicule them and dogpile them with 8 of my other friends for it'. It's gross and dumb and childish, and shows the absolute lack of moderation on these forums.

Same people complaining about 'tribalism' are the ones acting with their 8 friends to dogpile someone on an internet forum and say how their posts are worthy of ridicule.

You love to see it. Keep on being classy, Aetolia forums. I'm sure you'll get more than 10-15 regular users again out of the 100+ people logged into the game again some day.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    Iazamat
  • She had a bad take and was told she had a bad take. She then got clarification and retracted her opinion. The only mentality here that I'm seeing as bad is your continued assault on anyone from shadow who you are at odds with, generally because you put yourself there. You do this everywhere, all the time. Stay classy, Aeryx.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    IazamatAeryxTetchta
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    If you think we are going to spend all night prepping aegises, marching troops and setting up the way we have had things set up against us, you are sorely mistaken.

I don't know how y'all do it honestly. We had a great morale boost today, we accomplished what we wanted to accomplish and we're all enjoying NOT fighting right now.

Celebrating the victories is far more satisfying than trying to win the game.
    IazamatKurakEleneXeniaRihrin
  • edited April 2022
    After the recent drama over the past few days which put us in Bloodloch against each other, Guild vs Guild vs Guild, this is something of a welcome breather.

EDIT: PET PEEVE BY THE WAY CAUSE I AM IN THE MIDDLE.

I'm going to take the wins as they come, take it easy, and use the losses as a chance to teach the surge of people who came with us today (24 BLOODLOCHIANS, can you imagine?!) how to be more synergized so I can keep them excited enough to participate where they can, even despite the x2 deathgem explosion.

To encourage the growth of people interested in the PK scene, there always needs to be a give and take.

I know the feeling of being in a reactive event sucks though, but it's only the first day and the event won't last forever.
    IazamatNipsyKurakMaeve
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    If it's balance you want, how about the admins turn it around next time? Enorian gets to go to Vilimo, Torturers cavern, Mrenadh, Mor and other places with undead people can be found and force the cure down their throats ina purge. And Loch can try to defend their right to undeath. ;) Just because you are on the Spirit side, doesn't mean everything has to be good. If Spirit ever wants the Age of Dawn to come, they will have to start working a bit more pro-actively. Starting purges should be effective.

My personal pet peeve, forgetting commands after having been away from the game for a while. I couldn't remember how to get to an island! I tried "buy ticket to" and nothing happened! And then it took me a few moments to remember I could check ferry departures to figure it out. It's like I have to re-learn the game for the first time in 15 years.
    AyastiaRenli
  • I just don't know, guys. RP spawned some admin assisted conflict, some heads were (and will continue to be) smashed, plenty of people had fun with it. Why's it got to be a big thing? Maybe this thread is just bad.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    NipsyRihrinKurakMaeveLin
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    One or two peoples opinions on the forums do not represent the entirety of a tether. Let's keep having fun!

Pet Peeve: I can't war until Monday!
    NipsyXeniaRihrinMaeveAlelaFyrren
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    edited April 2022
    I have an idea that was never brought up as a pet peeve.

How about we have one person play two city leaders in a war and metagame the information between characters during a confli..... oh wait.

(Not everything needs to be a big ordeal to bitch about, sometimes you just should play the game and not the forums)
    (EDIT: If Bloodloch complained about every L that Bloodloch has taken in recent months, we would need a Bloodloch complaining about Spirit thread and not a Peeves thread.)
    (THAT WAS NOT A SUGGESTION, I EXPECT BETTER OF MY FELLOW SHADOW FOLK)

A SECOND EDIT *gasp* - We missed you Squidbro
    Maeve
  • I've no complaints about the fights that revolved around the event honestly. Fun fights overall. However, 2 things happened yesterday that are worthy to bring up as peeves:

1.) Summoning people those are not participating in a pk event from irrelevant areas and then killing them in the pk zone because they were forced into aura. (This was at a lesser, so not related to the event pk at all.) I am talking about people who weren't even close to the aura, not even like within 5-6 area range of it. That is just poor form. I thought it was established that being in a pk zone is consent to participate.

2.) Using a customized god curse as a get-away-from-jail card during combat.

I am using the word use here, but 1st one can just be bad sportsmanship sure, 2nd one is honestly just an abuse. And while I do not believe either should have happened, you should be reasonable enough to not attempt a clear abuse to begin with. It's not funny, it's not smart and it's not fair.
  • Saltz said:

I've no complaints about the fights that revolved around the event honestly. Fun fights overall. However, 2 things happened yesterday that are worthy to bring up as peeves:

1.) Summoning people those are not participating in a pk event from irrelevant areas and then killing them in the pk zone because they were forced into aura. (This was at a lesser, so not related to the event pk at all.) I am talking about people who weren't even close to the aura, not even like within 5-6 area range of it. That is just poor form. I thought it was established that being in a pk zone is consent to participate.

2.) Using a customized god curse as a get-away-from-jail card during combat.

I am using the word use here, but 1st one can just be bad sportsmanship sure, 2nd one is honestly just an abuse. And while I do not believe either should have happened, you should be reasonable enough to not attempt a clear abuse to begin with. It's not funny, it's not smart and it's not fair.

I cannot speak to 1) because I am generally not around on the weekends. But while not related to the event, was it related to the war?(not baiting a response, like I said I did not hear about anything)

But as to 2), if you truly believe it was "abuse", and you are not just being a bad sport yourself, I would issue. Getting on the forums and making claims of abuse is bad form. That is a very strong word and claiming it without admin confirmation or input seems rude. To me 2) specifically sounds like a character turning a god cursing them into a win. Which I think is a cool story beat and is both fun and clever. What better way to stick it to a god that cursed you? Turn their curse into a boon. This sounds super similar to a very toxic sentiment echo'ed on the forums earlier of "wishing they would rp being losers."

onto my pet peeve: Stuff always happens when I am irl busy.
    Nipsy
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited April 2022
    If you're mad about being primarily reactive and less proactive, be more proactive. If you're mad about what is essentially a fair fight**, I don't know what to tell you.

**fair conditions in this context. The mechanics are 100% above board here.

MaeveIazamat
  • If that was just a smart way to utilize the mechanic in an intentional way, it wouldn't have been fixed right away after it happened. I don't think we need an admin to say a thing on it to realize that. So I've no problem with calling the action an abuse. And I am calling it out on the forums, because it doesn't sit right with me.

I personally know a lot of stuff that can be categorized as "fun" and "clever" those are borderline abuseable that currently exist in Aetolia, but instead of using them, I report them. I encourage others to do the same. Once you start blurring the line of unfair advantages you can get through loopholes that exist there will be no end to what you invite into the game. I am not saying just avoiding one death was that big of a deal here.

But this is something that should be categorically opposed by the players for the reasons I elaborated above, not a matter to argue against for the sake of sticking up with your friends.
  • edited April 2022
    Tips on how to kill Nipsy: if he used the godcurse to get out from a fight, he gets teleported to NoT with a pretty severe balance knock. Cleave away! But no one did.
    Nipsy
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited April 2022
    My post in the rage thread today is about people who don't know how to use the quote button on the forums

1. click on this

2. now the post is quoted in your post

3. navigate to the very end (after the < /blockquote >) and start typing

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
    ValorieRihrinAlelaIazamatFyrren
    @Lin quotes do the shitty >> version of quotes if you're on mobile, it's not their fault really. They'd have to learn the HTML tags.

• Lin said:

My post in the rage thread today is about people who don't know how to use the quote button on the forums

1. click on this

2. now the post is quoted in your post

3. navigate to the very end (after the < /blockquote >) and start typing

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Denied.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    LinTetchtaRihrinAlelaIazamatXenia
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    damn you really hit me with the Rhyot special
    IazamatAyastiaSibatti
    That's the Mazzion Special--the Rhyot version comes out of the discount bargain bin.

BulrokIazamat
  • edited April 2022
    Kurak said:

I cannot speak to 1) because I am generally not around on the weekends. But while not related to the event, was it related to the war?(not baiting a response, like I said I did not hear about anything)

I believe this is in reference to the numerology(at least I think it's numerology) skill that swaps you with any random person anywhere on the continent that is outdoors and not on a monolith. He was on clouds when he got pulled into a lesser by it and killed. So not intentional, since it's impossible to target anyone with it, but I can understand the frustration/annoyance about being dragged across the continent into aura by someone else and being killed for it. So completely unrelated to any of the current war/event stuff, to answer the question.
    Nipsy
    edited April 2022
    I'm double posting and I don't care if it's against the law. Firstly: Nipsy using his godcurse to escape trouble is objectively hilarious and nothing will convince me otherwise (especially since it comes with a stun/balance knock or something afterward).

Most importantly, however, I think it's worth pointing out that I don't think this was an event that was meant to have a counterplay, at least not this quickly. While the current counterplay seems hasty, maybe, it does seem like one of the fairer ways to impliment some sort of counter to the current drive. All of that said, a lot of this event was admin building mechanics based on player involvement, input, and planning. I think a lot of the energy spent typing in here would be better spent in-game, working with gods and celani.

I don't think there's any real point to complaining OOC about being forced into a reactive role--there's plenty of stuff that can be done, today, right now. Instead of waiting for an admin to mpos an NPC and give you marching orders, you can make news posts (I can't emphasize this enough, I've gotten a ton of organic ADMIN RP just from making news posts), talk in CT, message things, write in logs. Make plans, publicly and loudly. Someone will pick up those threads. The thing I think that's being missed here is that moving from reacitve to proactive is solved...entirely by being proactive. Go. Do. Go be proactive. That's literally the solution here. Solve it. Like, today. Here, have a list of Proactive Good Guy Plans for free, off the top of my head:
    • Hatch a plan to extend daylight hours to make life more miserable for Vampires
    • Find a way to induce some sort of poison into the food/water supply of living settlements that's utterly harmless to mortals, but will cause massive terrible symptoms to vampires if they feed from people who have been afflicted
    • Have an event with totally lopsided mechanics that allows an entire tether to gang up on ~10 people tops, mostly like 4-5 honestly, ensuring a victory and allowing you carte blanche to completely eradicate a territory of Bloodloch's with effectively no resistence or counterplay Sorry, forgot about the Spears event, my bad
    • Blow up Bloodloch (please).
    • Bully Spinesreach (always hilarious)
    • Try to seal off the Shadow Plane so it causes the sciomancers problems
    • Plan a heist of the Archivist's Vault that's definitely full of real stuff I promise you guys
    Go live your best lives!

BulrokHolbrookIazamatAlmolXeniaNipsy
  • > @Jhura said:
    > I believe this is in reference to the numerology(at least I think it's numerology) skill that swaps you with any random person anywhere on the continent that is outdoors and not on a monolith. He was on clouds when he got pulled into a lesser by it and killed. So not intentional, since it's impossible to target anyone with it, but I can understand the frustration/annoyance about being dragged across the continent into aura by someone else and being killed for it. So completely unrelated to any of the current war/event stuff, to answer the question.

Not going to lie, that is kinda funny. But I could see it being frustrating.
  • edited April 2022
    Tetchta said:

If you're mad about being primarily reactive and less proactive, be more proactive. If you're mad about what is essentially a fair fight**, I don't know what to tell you.

**fair conditions in this context. The mechanics are 100% above board here.

The issue is we do not get proactive events. When talking to ictinus, which did a lot to open my eyes and calm me down, he mentioned that we had a lot of wins, including one that banished a God for like a month, and be was right. But even that event was reactive. There are no story beats that allow us to be proactive. You don't ever see us get an event of going to, say, Mor, and purging it. Instead, we get an event where people in our protected lands are being enslaved. He said they never meant this fun little mini game to blow up like this. But I mean... really? Were we supposed to just let it happen? But that is besides the point. We can't force events like purging. Things just respawn. So, ignoring this event completely, now that I understand how things went down: can there please be a conflict where we do not immediately start on the back foot playing defense? Enorian is the city of light, the good guys, blah blah. But we have our own goals. While impossible to achieve as far as story for the game, I do not think that should mean we never get to try and get to that point.

Edit: As I said earlier, yes, we should probably try and force this kind of scenario, so in that, we can agree. I just hope that, when that time comes, something actually comes of it rather than us just, using previous example, us just bash Mor and emote at each other and then everything repops, rinse, repeat.
    See my next post, it's literally about this. Just scroll down.

IazamatLin
  • Lol I did. Like I said, we can agree in trying to force the events ourself. :)
    I've had Enorian leadership say to me OOC that they don't want to initiate proactive RP, so I think y'all should really do some soul-searching on where this perception that you only get reactive events comes from.

Iazamat
  • Tetchta said:

I've had Enorian leadership say to me OOC that they don't want to initiate proactive RP, so I think y'all should really do some soul-searching on where this perception that you only get reactive events comes from.

I've never heard anything like that. In fact, I have heard Enorian leadership saying they are tired of being on the backfoot... the ones involved in these events anyways. That is something we should look into.
    edited April 2022
    I don't love the idea of leaking this sort of 1v1 thing, but I'll at least preface it with "it's possible I'm misinterpreting this" and, also, that this person may have changed their mind/tune after this convo, AND I'm going to censor who it is to boot. But I'm not making it up or pulling it from thin air.

IazamatGalilei