LOVE

Comments

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    @Lanira, for staying up till 3 in the morning with me to get pre-loaded retardation curing, and transfixion avoiding in, and burning through 12k gold in the process. NOW ON TO RETARDATION BATTLES. 

Also, MFW there's 221+ endgamers in Aetolia right now, not including the ones who are dormant. I remember back in the day when you could barely count 10-20 of them. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • "flower201363"           a delicate grish flower.
    The delicacy of this blossom is accentuated by its unique coloration, with a 
    peach center that fades out into a pristine white at its edges. The flower 
    contains a lattice of tapering petals, all slightly curling inwards at the ends.
    The broken segment of stem still attached to the base of the flower is a soft, 
    velvety green.
    It has 4 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 10 pound(s).

I love the really weird weights some items have.  My ringmail weighs 30 pounds and my horse weighs 600.  I think we should make the 'grish' an aetolian standard unit of measure.  Your average horse is 60-180 grish and 10-16 hands high.

I'm a little curious what else is out there with odd or misplaced weights.
    SerriceEmelleNolaArbrePeriluna
  • Dad's home from Hong Kong, safely in the US. Got safely into Boston, stopped sending me texts after that, though.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    KerrynMoireanArbre
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Vinyarion said:
    "flower201363"           a delicate grish flower.
    The delicacy of this blossom is accentuated by its unique coloration, with a 
    peach center that fades out into a pristine white at its edges. The flower 
    contains a lattice of tapering petals, all slightly curling inwards at the ends.
    The broken segment of stem still attached to the base of the flower is a soft, 
    velvety green.
    It has 4 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 10 pound(s).

I love the really weird weights some items have.  My ringmail weighs 30 pounds and my horse weighs 600.  I think we should make the 'grish' an aetolian standard unit of measure.  Your average horse is 60-180 grish and 10-16 hands high.

I'm a little curious what else is out there with odd or misplaced weights.
    When you set the weight of items, you have to express it in ounces. I think people forget that 9 times out of 10.
  • The mushroom scene on the new Hannibal series episode 2.

So horrifyingly awesome.
  • Gator Nation! WHooooo, Arbre!
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • @Arbre - Congrats!

On topic - I absolutely love this game. The immersion is far superior to what I'm used to, the amount of bad apples is disproportionately low, the people are incredibly helpful and friendly both IC and OOC. You are pretty much all, almost entirely without exception, a fantastic group of writers and creators, and I feel incredibly fortunate to have discovered all this and gotten such results from the community. Thank you all! If it weren't for you guys, I'd have to find something (probably) way less interesting and fun to do when my little lady goes to bed!
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Shut upbre."
    Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Yessir."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I'm a lady!"

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Yeah cutscene kicks in."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Watch our awesome CG."

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I grove ever stronger in the presence of Alastair!"
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Grow*."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "No druids here."
    AldricLiancaEzalorEmelleMoireanHavenPerilunaSarkis
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I made a batch of these for my family today. I used to like vanilla cake, but I think this and orange chiffon cake are now tied for my favorites. >_>
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Phoenecia said:
    I made a batch of these for my family today. I used to like vanilla cake, but I think this and orange chiffon cake are now tied for my favorites. >_>
    Where's my sample?!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    This is sort of a combination of a love and a thank you.

I lovelovelove that my new laptop arrived (earlier than expected too!) and that it already is proving that it works much better than the old one. I can actually do things again without the internet timing out and stuff!

Majorsuperhuge love and thank you and all that to @Arbre for spending a long time tonight helping me get triggers/mappers/mudbot and all of that installed and set up the way it was on my old computer. I will be the first to admit that I am a complete and utter hopeless case of mud client illiteracy, but she was very nice and patient, and only teased me once.
    Aryanne
    My restaurant previewed their new menu rollout, so I got paid $8.00/hr to putz around with my friends and sip wine.
    MoireanHaydyn
  • Malok said:
    I love that I got to meet Callidora's player for the first time earlier tonight. We happen to live in the same general tri-state area, and met at Buffalo Wild Wings for some food and conversation.

Meeting other players is always rad.
    If it's the one that I used to work at I am going to die laughing of those coincidences man. Who knew so many people were on IRE that lived so close to back home? I'm sure you remember how surprised I was when I found out you were in that area.
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Shut upbre."
    Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Yessir."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I'm a lady!"

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Yeah cutscene kicks in."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Watch our awesome CG."

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I grove ever stronger in the presence of Alastair!"
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Grow*."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "No druids here."
    Played the Tomb Raider reboot all the way through. My facial muscles were working as hard as my finger muscles, for all the cringing I was doing. The sight of Lara having her HEAD IMPALED by an improvised wooden spear never really leaves you.

It was pretty damn good.
    NatasyaAlastairSeirIosyne
  • edited April 2013
    <P>I love that I was asked to send in an 8,000 word essay on cultural diversity to one of the Universities in a local city about three months ago. Then today I got a fancy ass reply from the dean asking me to attend as part of a under eighteens pre-entry program to study at their campus next term with older students. It will be creepy, but I am very excited to get involved and learn some science (also more importantly perv on older hot chicks from University)!</P>
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    HavenMoireanAryanne
  • I got my new car today. Also, the Knife of Dunwall is coming. I cannot wait.
    XavinAryanneArbreAlastairSeir
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Got Justin's cat back from the vet from being declawed today.  I'm trying to figure out if his mind is slow because of pain meds or he's sincerely dumb enough to keep taking off at a full run.  Either way, he's hilarious.  Poor boy.
    AryanneXavinSeir
  • I got a good look at the new room for the first time in a month. I thought I got a good look at it when I went to see if it was available, and for the whole month, I thought there was a carpet wall-to-wall, and a dark green bathroom.

Instead I get HARDWOOD FLOORING! My dust allergies say thank you. Also 2 closets (well, one until his daughter collects the rest of her stuff) and the bathroom is attached to my bedroom. (it isn't green at all!) Which means I get my own private bathroom to get ready for work. Sweeeet.

Then I got lost on the way home. Oh well.

Today I have ASL and Creative Writing.  I've already finished ASL.  Thursday I have ASL.  Tuesday I have ASL and CRW exams.  Astronomy Lab doesn't have a final, and I only have one more unit to do.  I'm pulling 2 Bs and a C right now, I think, and the C is in a 1 hour course.  Please school be over now yes.

Not sure if this is a love or a hate.  I work at the front office at my school, and there's all sorts of rules regarding student workers, one of which is that we can't work when school isn't in.  My boss goes "I've put in for you to work between semesters."  I just sort of stared at her blankly at the time, but I can't decide if I'm bummed because I was looking forward to that week off, or yay money doing nothing.

What I do at work.
  • edited April 2013
    We got our speaking points back from CEDA - we beat out the pretentious, trash talking douchebags from West Point. We got the trophy at WCT AND wiped them out in top 30 speaks. I can't wait to gloat. 

EDIT: Oh, I also got a call back for two jobs: parking enforcement through the police department, and mental health tech through the hospital. There are nine applicants and four confirmed interviews for the enforcement job and I'm not sure what the other option looks like. I hope I get one of them because if I do I'll be making either $14.22/hour with full time hours or $12-$16/hour for the tech position with part time hours. The good news is, though, that I get full insurance with either position. Even if I don't score either job, its good to know the search is looking up. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Found my Naval shot records.  Thank the Unicorn God, I have every shot recorded on there that UF requires and won't have to redo any.
  • There are very few things I still believe in over the time I have spent. with this things I have done. I am a broken man, full of hate and disgust, but there are those that in the year I have played Aetolia that for me made me want to better myself and even piece together a broken puzzle. In no partocular order.

Arbre, Xavin, Periluna, Elwyn, Areka, Amarine, Aisling, Haern, Lyl, Aren.

Thanks.

Elwyn
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    edited April 2013
    I have to show some love for quite a few people for engaging rps and just being generally awesome.

Haydyn, Kerryn, Runk, Isto, Dato, Kaleigh, Daegon, Arbre (for that brief interaction involving chair kicking) Jayke, Sarkis, Haven and everyone else for those little snarky run ins I have. Of which if I named everyone it would take me a while to remember.

Oh and Illidan for that support over in the pwnd thread, just because.
    Haydyn
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Finding a new contact and potential fun future activities where I thought I had an enemy. Thank you @phoenecia, and I'm excited to see what spice we can cook up for our guilds! :D
  • I love that I had the most awesome adventure going to get Kira and move her here to Oklahoma. There were wolf biting faces, face punches, frolicking on a golf course, swimming in a river, and all sorts of craziness.

Also, I haz internet again after a week! YAY. 
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    After a long talk and a drive around the city, I've figured out what my goal with graduate school is and I know what program I want to do (creative writing, being responsible can suck it!) and I feel really...light, I guess, very relieved and happy to know what I am now aiming for. :)
    AryanneStathanEzalorMastema