LOVE

Comments

• HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro

He's too perfect.

AnteheCoryn
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited July 2016
    Love everyone who participated in the city team FFA. My heart was pounding the entire time until it was just Tina left.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

AryanneXeniaIllikaal

I am so very, very, very excited for this season of Rebels. Tom Baker from Doctor Who will be in it in addition to an already stunning voice cast that is steadily growing, but more than anything GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN. Eeeeee! One of my favorite villains!

• my script kiddie habits teach me how code works, so I can code some pretty complicated stuff for someone who knows absolutely zero coding languages (I know the 1st page stuff of Python. That's not really complicated stuff) But because I've always been a bit of a script kiddie (I know, I'm using a negative name to indicate my skills) I have learned how to do some interesting stuff. and I can thank Source and Matawa (from MKO) BOTH as reasons for what knowledge I do have. I break their stuff regularly, and I make a point to not make the mistake of not knowing how to follow the path I took breaking it back to repairing what I broke in the code. (ain't nonphysical 0's and 1's great? You can break code all you like, and as long as you make a point to know how to undo and/or revert what you've done, you can fix everything again without worrying about stuff remaining broken.)
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    Didi
  • double post because second happy thing happened today.

My room, once unbearable in the summers due to it's increased level of insulation (compared to the rest of the house, a side-effect of an OCD uncle making sure his room was the most comfortable for him, he overdid it on the insulation compared to the rest of the house) and the breakdown of our central A/C, now has a portable A/C (those ones on wheels that have a vent you hook up to a window to blow out the exhaust/hot air) which will increase the coolness of my room by a factor of making it nice and chilled!
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    TeaniDraiman
  • @Xandren: I live in an oven, and for some reasons the AC to my room seemed to have asthma. Fixed it, and now I'm freezing. Not sure where you're at but Facebook greeted me with "Good, morning! It's gonna be 111F today!"

I feel your pain, and hooray for the AC.
    Draiman
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Omg guys I had to go buy another air conditioner earlier this week for similar reasons. I let it get so cold in here that I had to put on a sweatpants and a hoodie and I was still cold but I didn't even care.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Epic. Just epic.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    Regarding AC: I use a fan. Sometimes a thing my roommate calls a "swamp cooler".
    Didi
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Protip: Dehumidifiers help in conjunction with AC/fans if you're in an area with high humidity!
  • I just made and ate a very delicious midnight spaghetti dinner. It was amazing. I hand-made my own meatsauce, added a half a clove of garlic (This shit is awesome if you live in a place with mosquitos. They don't like garlic. At all. They're little friggen vampires!), then cooked some garlic bread (yeah, extra garlic. But I don't use a crap tonne of it, I use small amounts because a little goes a long way, and a clove can be split between the spaghetti, and being used in the cheese-layering on the bread) I added some meat to that sauce for a nice filling, protein-packed midnight meal! Add some parmesian for flavoring if you can't handle the awesome non-boiled-out flavor of REAL homemade spaghetti (a lot of the reason I realized why I stopped liking spaghetti, the pre-canned already fully made sauce is BLAND AND BOILED IT TASTES LIKE)

All I really did, since this is one of my personal staple "Meals I find easier to cook, since I can do them, and I can't boil an egg properly worth crap", was get a can of tomato sauce (NOTE: TOMATO SAUCE. NOT SPAGHETTI SAUCE) I grabbed a whole garlic, and peeled off one of the bumbs, cut that in half, separated the halfs, cut up one half and mashed it up, set aside. If you got meat, cook your meat first. Think like sloppy joes when cooking the meat. You want that shit the same consistency. Add your sauce once its properly cooked and made. Then scrape that half of garlic into that. Set that stuff to simmer if your noodles aren't done yet. If you're like me, you got the noodles started early and they're already done and have been simmering while the sauce was being made. Get your collander (SEe: strainer) and drain the water from those noodles, drop your meaty, garlicy sauce into the pot that you cooked your noodles in (AFTER YOU PUT THE NOODLES BACK INTO THE POT FROM THE COLLANDER) mix that stuff up. I used one can tomato sauce on the spaghetti sauce, and used a second can of tomato sauce because I like my spaghetti extra-saucy. Up to you if you do that.

Garlic bread: I got some texas toast, got my cheese melting pot out (it's this weird thing I dunno how to describe, basically a pan that floats in another pan of water, shit melts and fondus) I prepped the second half of my clove of garlic and mixed in some mozzerella and some spare provolone for a bit of a twist, then spread it on a slice of texas toast. I made enough for 2 slices per person I'm feeding, which was.. about two fistfulls of shredded mozerella, and one slice of provolone for 4 people.

TL:DR: I made an amazing thing of spaghetti, and wrote down my excited little recipe above (it makes enough for 4 people with leftovers to last a day or two. So. 6 people give or take on the spaghetti, 4 for the garlic bread) and it was awesome.
    Haven
  • IraeIrae Six feet under.
    Had a lot of fun solving Mandre's tower earlier this evening.
    DraimanSilena

ZsadistKelliaraAkaryuterraIraeTeaniKynaIllikaalEmelleXenia
  • Excuse me....

I need to pick find the pieces of my skull, because that thing just BLEW MY MIND in the the best way possible.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    AkaryuterraTeani
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I saw this and thought of you @Hadrak.

http://imgur.com/8gv165n

Hadrak
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I talked to my doctor about not losing weight and he upped my appetite suppressant some. Within a couple of days I noticed I was eating less again, and within a couple of weeks I started losing weight again. Slowly, but I can accept slowly, as long as progress is being made.
    TenshyoZailaTeani
  • Coryn said:

Regarding AC: I use a fan. Sometimes a thing my roommate calls a "swamp cooler".

Unless you live in the desert, this is a great way to make everything in your house miserably damp.
    Trager
    Solaria said:

I saw this and thought of you @Hadrak.

http://imgur.com/8gv165n

The best version.

SolariaAntehe
  • Best version... to one of the best songs ever. :D
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    @Vaskar I live by a scrubland(the one between me and Seattle) and Spokane is relatively dry. Never had an issue before. Though, that's a good thing to consider since I've been wanting to get a portable AC unit.
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Coryn said:

@Vaskar I live by a scrubland(the one between me and Seattle) and Spokane

Another Washingtonian?!
    This always excites me more than is reasonable.
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    Har! Yes, but a transplant. I'm orignally from overseas. :D I like Washington, tho.
    The fact that you called part of the state "scrubland" probably should have clued me in there.
    Welcome to my kickass state anyway! :D<3 my Washington!
  • To be fair most of eastern Washington is scrubland, hah.
    It is definitely a legit definition, but I don't think I've ever heard a native call it that. We just call it "Desert".
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I made some armor pieces a few months ago that I had put on display at the shop. Today, one of our regular clients walked in and was admiring them, and decided to commission me to make a few pieces for her to use at a show she's going to be displaying at in a few months, and for a photoshoot in a few weeks. This lady typically makes designer handbags and equestrian gear, and has a really good reputation.

I'm kind of hoping collaborating with her might help drum up some interest with my work since I've garnered interest at the shop, but no one's gone as far to request anything yet.
    ZailaKerrynMazarineKelliaraTeaniQephah

ZsadistMissariSolaria
  • IraeIrae Six feet under.
    Was not expecting to find anything during the dig, but 50 stamps, gold and knicknacks is a pretty decent haul. Gratz to those who found those artifacts, you guys are even luckier!
    EmelleTeani