LOVE

Comments

• I can't be the only other person who has seen and loves the Dredd movie from a couple of years back. Karl Urban ftw. I love that it's on Netflix too!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    DraimanIshinHadrakHavenSollace
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    @Moirean - that is so cool! Congrats, lady!

My love: I am wearing a pair of jeans I tailored myself (first time attempting with serious help from mama). I took 2-3 inches off the hips on either side ^^.

EmelleKendriTeaniIshinAryanneArekaMoireanSollace
  • Deepest Stygian night steals over the land as the symbolic hourglass empties and turns, ready to begin a new day.
    It is now the 13th of Chakros, year 439 of the Midnight Age.
    Today is The Confirmation of Corruption.
    Today is your birthday! You are 21 years old!

^ Seriously been trying to mull around why Asaraii's so disgusting looking, and never even knew The Confirmation of Corruption was a thing, but IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. Woot!
    Emelle
  • Tax return

AryanneHaven
  • Just filed my taxes - IRS says they'll begin processing on the 20th. Should be getting enough back to pay off one of my long-lingering student loans! So excited about this.
    So much.!

AlissandraObynNolaMarienaEmelleSollace
  • Ahmg I haven't even gotten my W2 forms yet, gtfo D:
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    NolaEmelleJensenPeriluna
  • If it makes you feel any better, neither have I, I just have access to all the data I need on my pay stub. Well, that plus my online loan stuff.

• I've been looking for other games to try since I've got some spare time while the last of winter break dwindles away. I am absolutely horrid with keyboard and mouse when it comes to stuff (console gamer born and raised), so usually I'll only play PC games if I can plug in my xbox controller and play that way.

I stumbled upon a forum talking about Smite, and omg I'm hooked. Got it configured to work with my xbox controller, and first match against real people I was 24 kills and 2 deaths, next was 26 kills and 0 deaths. Soooooo much fun.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Asaraii
  • My spring semester has so far gone very smoothly! Whereas I'd feel pressured and stressed with 4 classes, one of which being online, plus working and worrying about other obligations, at least right now, I'm not worried at all.

I'm in a Drawing 1 class that I need for my Art Associates, but I've already learned the fundamentals, so it's more a refresher for me on perspective. The only drag is how very incredibly rambly the teacher is. Demos to draw a bottle take too long (I actually started to fall asleep during the second one while standing up). She's also very close to the line of monotonous.

I'm retaking Intermediate Algebra this semester, too, because I had to withdraw the last time, with a new teacher, AND they're using My Math Lab, a program I fell in love with during my Developmental II class because I finally started to learn and understand math through it. (Plus I get to work ahead, it's all there in that one space). I've already jumpstarted, finishing two sections and the first quiz. I have nothing else due until the 23rd.

I'm also taking Classical Mythology for my last Humanities, and while we're covering Greco-Roman culture which I've become really familiar with through the other classes I've taken (World Literature where we read the Odyssey, the Iliad, the Aeneid, ectr, and the art world in Art History 2) the teacher shares a lot of smaller details and correlations with other cultures in the world at that time that make it interesting to where I'm learning -new- things. But being that I'm already familiar with most of the coursework we're actually being tested on, it's kind of like a nice walk.

My only real issue is my online class, and it was the only option for the Astronomy Lab I have to take to finish my Sciences. I don't have a CD rom.. on -any- of the computers at my house. So I can't download the SkyX program I need for my labs. Thankfully they have them on all the computers at the school, so I'm going to work on them in my freetime after math. No problem!

Ranty Rant. After this semester I'll only have two math classes and two art classes left! (sadly I can't take them all in one, since I have to take Drawing 2 which is a prerequisite to my last art class, Painting).

tldr; Even with a fulltime student's class load, I'm having a pretty easy time with the subject material in each.

IshinHavenMelantha
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Aldric said:

I've been looking for other games to try since I've got some spare time while the last of winter break dwindles away. I am absolutely horrid with keyboard and mouse when it comes to stuff (console gamer born and raised), so usually I'll only play PC games if I can plug in my xbox controller and play that way.

I stumbled upon a forum talking about Smite, and omg I'm hooked. Got it configured to work with my xbox controller, and first match against real people I was 24 kills and 2 deaths, next was 26 kills and 0 deaths. Soooooo much fun.

I recently downloaded Smite and have been trying it out. It's pretty fun, though difficult getting used to the differing controls compared to LoL. I got a few kills in the first game against real people, though still pretty bad overall.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • I'm a god (giggle) at Smite.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I haven't played Assassin's Creed since the first game which I didn't like all that much. Decided to give the series another shot and jumped into Black Flag and I'm having a blast. :smiley: I kinda wanna go back and pick up the others just so I'm caught up with lore and all that cause I'm so lost as to what's going on outside of the virtual machine thing.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Ishin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I really enjoyed 2-3 but I feel like each game removes the assassin theme just a little more, also they seem to unforgivably modify the out of VR storyline with each new game. That being said I still put over 4-500 hours into the franchise
    Ishin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Haven said:

I haven't played Assassin's Creed since the first game which I didn't like all that much. Decided to give the series another shot and jumped into Black Flag and I'm having a blast. :smiley: I kinda wanna go back and pick up the others just so I'm caught up with lore and all that cause I'm so lost as to what's going on outside of the virtual machine thing.

I had a -lot- of fun with Black Flag. Have you run up on one of the legendary ships yet, Haven? :D
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • I love Black Flag, because I get to sail my own ship. Also, the sea shanties are cool.
    Ishin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Me and my friends get white girl wasted and sing sea shanties on my boat and also at bars
    EmelleAsaraiiIshinHaven
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Malok said:

I can't be the only other person who has seen and loves the Dredd movie from a couple of years back. Karl Urban ftw. I love that it's on Netflix too!

DraimanMalokIshinSollace
  • Well played, @Eleanor. Well played.

On topic, I love that I won one of the shops in Delos. I know it's only 4 real months, but I intend to do everything I can to sell some interesting things and get more experience in running a shop(since I never have). Should be fun!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ishin said:
    I had a -lot- of fun with Black Flag. Have you run up on one of the legendary ships yet, Haven? :D
    Hmm.... Doubt it. I've gotten lost in just raiding everything and doing side stuff. I'm only 20% in or so. Can't even do underwater stuff yet. XD the side stuff too fun and distracting to pursue the main story
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro

Very excited for this.

Sollace
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Haven said:

Ishin said:

Haven said:

Hmm.... Doubt it. I've gotten lost in just raiding everything and doing side stuff. I'm only 20% in or so. Can't even do underwater stuff yet. XD the side stuff too fun and distracting to pursue the main story

When you get a minute, sail off into the NE corner of the map. I believe it'll turn a little rainy and shit, and there'll be two big-ass boats out there. Save, then go ahead and give them a run for their money. See what you have to look forward to later :3
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    love @Dristin for all the hardwork.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

DristinMoirean
  • I see forums have changed! I like that it shows at the bottom the likes, and the 'insightful' button is neat.

...Pls to have a <3 button. Nobody enjoys awkwardly having to clarify a like out of support in the mad thread :(
    JensenMarienaIshin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Aldric said:

I see forums have changed! I like that it shows at the bottom the likes, and the 'insightful' button is neat.

...Pls to have a <3 button. Nobody enjoys awkwardly having to clarify a like out of support in the mad thread :(</p>

This is the original way, before every forums but the MKO forums changed over.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Aldric said:
    I see forums have changed! I like that it shows at the bottom the likes, and the 'insightful' button is neat. ...Pls to have a <3 button. Nobody enjoys awkwardly having to clarify a like out of support in the mad thread :(</div>
    A <3 button? I'm guessing the mobile version had changes applied weird. I don't see the new buttons and now I can't do line breaks to make separate paragraphs...
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    He's asking for one, not saying there is one. The only new one is the Insightful one.
    Moirean
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited January 2015
    Oh derp lol I read the pls as plus. Imperian forums also have a lol button. More buttons!
    Ishin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    The song Hallelujah. I think I've yet to hear a version I dislike. I just love it so much.
    MoireanEmelle
  • I love people's little chibi avatars. Like @Arbre . It just makes me smile every time I see it, and usually I have to click on it to get a bigger view!
    ArekaEmelleIshinPeriluna