LOVE

Comments

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I spent a lot longer on that game than necessary trying to shoot lizards and fruit.

Xavin
  • Really? Because I stabbed colossi.

i am rapture coder
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    This is both a love and a rage, but more of a love: The not 1, not 2, but 3 hit punch that is 3 awesome shows having their season finales this week, and really making me miss them for the next few months, but also being super excited for where things are headed for their next seasons. 2 showed Tuesday, now 1 more to go.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Serrice said:

I spent a lot longer on that game than necessary trying to shoot lizards and fruit.

Lizards were needed because of the buff the white tailed ones give you. I think it was an endurance boost?

• Xavin said:

Serrice said:

Lizards were needed because of the buff the white tailed ones give you. I think it was an endurance boost?

Yes, the lizard tails would boost your endurance and the fruit would boost your health. In addition to exploring my butt off and just gazing at the colossi, one of my favorite parts of the game was the time attacks with the weapons and gear you could collect. Lots of things from Ico that you gathered up.
    Xavin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited May 2014
    @Razmael‌. You guys don't get to see a lot of what he does, but sometimes he just leaves me straight up speechless.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    OmeiMoireanAshmerSlypheHavenIshinLiancaFurtum
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I can't be the only one wondering if we really want to know, @Oleis. Some of us have known Raz for a while!
    KatyaHaven
  • I have a fantastic job.

I have had to take a ridiculous amount of time off in the last six months. My youngest daughter's father died unexpectedly, I caught a death plague which turned into hellacious bronchitis that killed my voice for almost a month and kid issues on top of that.

On top of providing a tremendous amount of PTO for a brand new employee, my direct supervisor and the director above her have gone to bat to ensure that I don't get penalized for my absences and have been incredibly supportive of me.

I've worked for a lot of companies that talked a big game about taking care of their people, but this is the first place I've worked for that -actually- stands behind that and follows through on every level. There's a ton of other things unrelated to the time off I could talk about. Compensation (which is killer), training opportunities, transparency, work environment, advancement opportunities, and pretty much any metric you can imagine by which to judge how a company treats its employees, they are amazing.

This long-winded <3 has been brought to you by a very real fear about my recent breathing issues and 5 days off to recover my voice.

My last corporate job fired me for having to take a week off to find a place to live when I was suddenly made homeless by a crappy ex boyfriend. Despite being a top sales rep with an exceptional history with the company -and- having PTO to take to cover it. Right to work states blow.
    imageimage
    IshinSykarTragerVolkaAryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Just saw Mortified Nation. Soooo good. Totally going to go catch a Portland live show.
  • Catching The 7th Voyage of Sinbad on TV last night at 2am. Still absolutely adore the work that Ray Harryhausen did on it and pretty much all of the other films he did.

MoireanIshin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    You clasp your hands together and invoke the power of the Spheres, the seven numbers harmonizing in perfect alignment within your mind's eye. Spreading your arms wide, you gesture imperiously, and an armored ackranit begins to come apart at the seams, his blood, flesh, and essence sloughing off in a rainbow-colored spray of dissolving reality.

OMG THIS, yes! Its so pretty. Plus I make rainbow death! I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!
    All kidding aside, this is absolutely amazing, and its fun to have flavor stuff.
    Teani
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited May 2014
    well your one looks a lot cooler than any of the shaman ones I've gotten.

With a crash of thunder and a spin of a twisted staff of vine and bramble, you reappear near a serpent spirit, grabbing him and channeling sharp, static electricity into his frame.

I think I was rubbing my feet on carpet there.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Aishia said:

I think I was rubbing my feet on carpet there.

Really really fast.

Aishia, unamused by style scrolls:

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

IshinTeaniKatyaFurtumNola
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited May 2014
  • Oh god leekspin why.

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    My first ever ComicCon. I absolutely -loved- the Firefly Q&A with Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Summer Glau, Gina Torres, Jewel Staite, Ron Glass and Sean Maher. So awesome. Can't wait for next years!

HavenIshinTeaniDemarcusKaleighEmelle
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Kinda cool I get a 200 credit artifact on my alt, though wish I had gotten it on Setne. <3 to @Areka for helping me figure out what it did and how to use it, trying to track it down through help files was 0 help.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    My mom surprised me with tickets to see Cher the end of next month....
    Teani
  • Yay, Godzilla was a lot of fun.

Kikon
  • I wasn't super impressed with it. I thought the last 20 or 30 minutes was awesome..

Man, that was a lot of buildup. I thought about taking a little nap, even.
  • edited May 2014
    It was pretty evocative of the 1954 film! If you're not big into that Godzilla and are looking for the monster slamfests of the 70s/80s, you probably won't like the new one. My major complaints were how much more I wanted of Ken Watanabe and less of Aaron Taylor-Johnson's magical nature.
    IshinPiperRivasSeir
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Haven't had a chance to go see it yet, @Haern, but god am I looking forward to it man. I'm a big Godzilla fan, I made the gf sit and watch like 3 of the old-school ones with me just the other day >.>

She was like, '...omg, Marty, what the fuck is that egg doing?!' lol. Babyzilla too strong.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • edited May 2014
    It's got the slow tension build-up of the 1954 movie, so be prepared for a wait but I felt it was fully worth the reveal when the gloves come off--also, take in the city destruction in the interim. One thing I've always loved about kaiju movies is city destruction. I also had a VERY fun audience who cheered when Godzilla roared, did some other spoilery things, and everyone applauded at the end.

Favorite kaiju from the Godzilla movies? MUTOs, King Ghidorah, Destoroyah, Gigan, MechaGodzilla, and a very soft place in my heart for Kamacuras and Kumonga. Stupid Son of Godzilla movie was my wee childhood.
    Aarbrok
    Hahaha :D

What about Mothraaaaaaa. Crazy stuff. I'll have to go see it then, @Haern. Did you see it in 3D by chance? >.>
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Piper
  • The only highpoint to this past week is that Saturday, one of my sisters got married. It was a beautiful wedding, lots of tears and smiling and chaos. I am really happy for her.

Just one more month, and I will be getting to see my other sister get married as well.
    IshinHaernAryanne
  • I didn't. I'd love to see it in IMAX 3D, but alas! None near me.

That was played during the start of the IMAX showing and apparently scared the hell out of people not expecting the roar. I'd pay top dollar to hear that roar in IMAX. :(
    Ishin
    ...that snickers commercial there at the end is EPIC
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Weird problems at work. I don't have to feel guilty about milking the clock!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• The firm corruption of Kamus into a proper nerd. He has now spent the last two weeks obsessively plotting a Star Wars RPG game for the household. I've had to actually -watch- Star Wars again (first time in...ages). Incoming Witch of Dathomir, yush. It's been way too long since I've done any tabletop. ><
    imageimage
    Ishin