LOVE

Comments

• I love the Bahir'an and the requirements. @Sarita and whoever else manages the house is super awesome about setting these up in a way which offers folks ways to do things and actually finish them <3

Sarita
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Today, finally, I have my own high-speed internet connection in my apartment. No more leeching off the pool WiFi.

It's so... beautiful.

IshinSeirAryannePiperAshmerRiluoEmelle
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Love that Conchita Wurst, the drag alter ego of Thomas Neuwirth, won the Eurovision song Contest, beard and all. Take that Putin. :P
    Rivas
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I think I saw a Glee episode about that.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    New York City.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Got Comm.Channel to work. Woot woot.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

OleisIshin
  • @Oleis = As I'm sure he doesn't get enough for all the stuff he does for the game!! (also my AWESOME bugs he loves)
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Daskalos
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Cannot wait for May 27th. Watch Dogs and new Dresden Files book. Double dose of Chicago and awesome.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    IshinAishia
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Setne said:

Cannot wait for May 27th. Watch Dogs and new Dresden Files book. Double dose of Chicago and awesome.

Brah I can't WAIT for the Dresden book. DSDFSF LOVE Butcher man. F you for getting me addicted :(<3

Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Aishia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I agree but mostly the Dresden files part.
    Ishin said:

Setne said:

Brah I can't WAIT for the Dresden book. DSDFSF LOVE Butcher man. F you for getting me addicted :(
    Did I? I can't recall, heh. I pre-ordered both on Amazon and made to request that Tuesday off so I can make sure I'm home to get them and spend time with them.

Ingram said:
    @Setne You dirty bugger. Yeah you did. :(

I went and bought like 12 of them or whatever, read them all. ...then re-read most of them.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Setne
  • Amg amg amg amg amg the new one finally? Ghost Story just pissed me off, whatever character development whatever, but the last one was fucking phenomenal.
    Ishin
  • KaleighKaleigh The Inn
    We started planning our vaycay last night! Can't WAIT!
    Roadtrip through about 10-15 different states.
    Now to map out the route! :D
    RiluoIshinAryanne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Ishin and @Setne: I haven't read the Dresden series (not much for present time stories at the moment, prefer fantasy) but I loved the Codex Alera by Butcher. He's a great author!

• @kaleigh which states?
    @Teani The Dresden Files are epically awesome, man. Read'em, I think you'll like them a lot. I feel for Dresden a lot of times in his decisions, even if I'm a little less human in some regards than he is.

I also love that I passed all my classes this semester, and I believe somewhere there's an Associates' degree floating around with my John Hancock on it :D
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    HavenTeani
  • KaleighKaleigh The Inn
    @Rashar Eastern coast. We're heading to Florida for a few days, then making our way back up. Different routes = MORE places to see! :D
    Plus it'll be the first time hubby's even been that way/seen more of the US.
    IshinNola
    If you guys come through Virginia, @Kaleigh, let me know. Might be able to meet for lunch or something.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Aah. I'm only familiar with a few states on the east coast, unfortunately. @ishin, how far are you from garbage Fayetteville? NC, not Arkansas.
  • KaleighKaleigh The Inn
    Just a little bit of Virginia actually! North and South Carolina, Bit of Georgia. He wants to drive through Alabama and Tennessee on the way home. Been through most of them as a kid, but hardly remember those trips.
    Have any suggestions of places to hit up along the way?
  • If you're going through Tennessee, Nashville isn't bad. There's a place there called Dick's Last Resort.. if you've got thick skin, hit it up. It's hilarious. Basically they just make fun of you for the entire time, and everyone else too. I recall they made one couple wear dunce caps for bringing their kids to a bar / restaurant on Super Bowl Sunday. Kids were all just chilling and eating pizza. My waiter spent the entire time trying to convince my wife how much better he was at everything than me. Good times all around.

Food is actually decent, too.
    @Rashar I live in a tiny little town called Cullen. I'm maybe 45 mins - 1 hr from NC, not sure about Fayetteville. Which part of the state are you coming through, @Kaleigh? The western portion??
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • KaleighKaleigh The Inn
    @Rashar‌ HAH! That sounds interesting. Almost like a restaurant the showcased on some show on the food network.
    @Ishin‌ not entirely sure, to be honest! We're still mapping the route.
    Teani said:

Ishin and Setne: I haven't read the Dresden series (not much for present time stories at the moment, prefer fantasy) but I loved the Codex Alera by Butcher. He's a great author!

I ran through the Codex Alera series a few years back. He supposedly said that he'd come back to that universe at some point and cannot wait. Dresden Files alongside a recommendation from someone I know in Lusternia got me to read the Codex Alera series. You really should read the Dresden Files. I admittedly didn't like the series when I first started, because of a formatting issue(I'm weird like that) in Full Moon, which is the book I started on. After finishing the book, I loved it and decided to start from the beginning and I fell in love.

Ingram said:
    The Alera books good too, @Setne? Are you going to make me buy MORE books?!
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Alera books are good, especially if you like some good old fashioned, 'The powerful dudes are fucking powerful and will fucking fuck you the fuck up' style i.e. Raistlin, Rand, etc.

Not a disturbingly deep plot, but they're not absurdly large books either. And the good thing is, you can just buy all of them right now. Doneskies.
  • Ishin said:

Are you going to make me buy MORE books?!

The above quote definitely belongs in the love thread.

I love that my death plague is finally releasing its claws, I'm going back to work in an hour. Whee. I can talk. Whee.

I love that I got to have a wonderful mother's day with my girls, misters, mom, brother and his family. BBQ fling with non-paleo food. I also love that I am now healthy enough again that I can start up heavy lifting, which was my plan like a week and a half ago.

Annnd, super love for the company that decided to not pay my mister for three weeks of labor hopped right on it when he contacted the labor board and are cutting him a check today.

imageimage
    Ishin
  • International qualifiers for Dota started today. Having some fine cider, cheese, and apples for lunch while I work on Aetolia. BEST DAY OFF IN A LONG TIME.
    OmeiIshinTragerXavinAreka
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Rashar said:

If you're going through Tennessee, Nashville isn't bad. There's a place there called Dick's Last Resort.. if you've got thick skin, hit it up. It's hilarious. Basically they just make fun of you for the entire time, and everyone else too. I recall they made one couple wear dunce caps for bringing their kids to a bar / restaurant on Super Bowl Sunday. Kids were all just chilling and eating pizza. My waiter spent the entire time trying to convince my wife how much better he was at everything than me. Good times all around.

Food is actually decent, too.

We've got one here in town. When vacationing in Tenn last year with the fam we were looking for a place to eat and my sister goes 'let's try this one'. I thought it was hilarious (mainly because I gave it back to 'em), my sister thought it was hilarious, my dad and bro in law did.... my mother was like 'we're never going back there again!'.

Highly recommend.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."