That Other Video Game Thread

Comments

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I can only imagine the pain and anguish...

https://facebook.com/video.php?v=10153082023514622
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Why can't everyday be Adachi day

Benedicto said:

I can only imagine the pain and anguish...

This kid's been in a couple "watch my dad smash my collection" videos, iirc. (if I was said kid, I'd throw myself on top of it--TAKE ME WITH IT)

BenedictoHaven
  • Hadrak said:

Ganondorf is gonna be unlocked through one of the modes and he's still a clone (why do you hate fun Sakurai), but I am glad to see him back in the game. :disappointed:

So long as I got my heavy Captain back, all's well!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Zeksagmek

Delicious. (and showing off one of my favorite aspects of the game--collecting and preparing for a hunt!)

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Destiny has consumed me.

Summarizing my Persona 4 Arena Ultimax experience so far.

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Shadow of Mordor is so good, and I'm only a few hours in and have barely touched the main story. Too distracted by all the bastards who I need to take out.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Setne said:

Shadow of Mordor is so good, and I'm only a few hours in and have barely touched the main story. Too distracted by all the bastards who I need to take out.

Is it an expansion for something, or a standalone game? PC?

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ashmer said:

Setne said:

Is it an expansion for something, or a standalone game? PC?
    Standalone, think all next gen outside of WiiU(of course) and PC.

Ingram said:
  • So October 14th is just around the corner....

I just got attacked by four Uruk captains. The outcome?

ded Talion

I've only died maybe twice, would have been a third if the guy hadn't had Humiliator. The first time, I died to a Caragor, that I had released, yet some random grunt got promoted. Not fully sure who it was, but he's probably dead by now. The second time was after this archer dude showed up and I died because I'm a dummy. I think I then saw this guy about two more times. It was funny, I walked into a Stronghold twice with him or another revenge captain in it, the first time to kill them, but it became difficult after seeing 4 or so other Captains, the second time I ended up near him only because I was trying to do a weapon mission and ended up right by him, so decided to go kill him. It seems to be the archers who continue to come back after me.

Ingram said:
    There is something really glorious about doing some nice pinshots on a fleeing orc captain in Shadow of Mordor. Actually, most of Shadow of Mordor jumps into GLORIOUS territory with a lot of its gameplay. Even with the constant shouts of "Did you hear that?" "LOOK! A CARAGOR!" as I charge down a pack of 20 orcs. Then another 10 orcs show up. "LOOK! A CARAGOR!", it's goddamn funny.

Truly a delicious and tasty surprise of this starting fall-holiday season releases.

• Not to derail from the Shadows of Mordor love - because I can't wait for the PS3 release myself - buuut.. I got my Smash Bros for 3ds in yesterday. SO MUCH FUN.
    Haven
    Oh my god. A little developer named Pastagames made a new title for the PS4 and Vita called Pix the Cat. It looks like some insane in the cocaine membrane version of Chu Chu Rocket (which, really, is already insane) and Pac-Man.

Unnngh god I need this on my Vita now.

Yesssss.

Haven
  • @Nola‌ I'd avoid it on 360 or PS3, pretty sure they won't have the full Nemesis system implement. And honestly, the nemesis system is what makes the game truly shine. May want to wait and see what comes out about it before buying it directly.

Its an amazing game and I personally feel like without the Nemesis system I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much.
    Setne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited October 2014
    Ive been locked down in a battle on Guildwars 2, because Season 4 WvW tournament is on, and I have been trebucheting and slaughtering folks...I think I have 1000 kills this tournament XD

Regardless, Elementalist, Ranger, and Engineer...im stomping things.
    Yes people still play GW2
    Moirean
    That's good to hear! It was a really fun game. I have fond memories of meeting friendly random people and going on this super awesome Orr grinding rotation I concocted (much loots).

It's both hilarious and sad watching others play the game and completely ignoring that stealth is the way to go early game else you'll get wrecked, and then proceeding to get wrecked multiple times, be it by one specific orc or multiple orcs.

Ingram said:
  • Aarbrok said:

Ive been locked down in a battle on Guildwars 2, because Season 4 WvW tournament is on, and I have been trebucheting and slaughtering folks...I think I have 1000 kills this tournament XD

Regardless, Elementalist, Ranger, and Engineer...im stomping things.
    Yes people still play GW2

I wanted to like GW2 so hard. I LOVED GW, I played like all the classes. The pvp was amazing, mix-n-match your kit. I mained monk/assassin, all heal skills but my last slot, which was an assassin shadowstep to retreat from people. So many cool combos and innovative moves.

Then GW2 drops, no multiclass and if you wanna use a bastard sword congrats, you're locked into the same boring 5 skills as everyone else uses. Blaaaaaargh. :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Supposedly the expansion may consider the multiclass option again as it has been a primary complaint amongst people, that being said you can always look into traits and other skills.

Me personally I play Engineer for those reasons, I can have grenade kits, healing kits, turrets, flamethrowers, pistols, dual pistols rifles, and alchemy as my choices for my arsenal...

Flamethrowers...are my preferred weapon.
    I just like running around burning things, >.>

Also we got first in the last round of World v World, putting us as the second place server in the Silver tier. I may have had a giddy moment.
    That being said, they dont really do expansion, the living world content just kinda adds new things as they come...I mean there is a whole area of Bird people on lock down after the human purge of their race...

Supposed rumors of them being a playable race.
    Who knows.
    edited October 2014
    Raiding in MMOs:

IshinAshmerSetneHaven

Faust and Bedman. My body is ready.

I know it is a fan made game...but its beautiful that the fandom of the Mother series is pulling this out.
    http://www.mother4game.com/

edited October 2014
    derp

Ingram said:
    Anyone besides @Toz and @Orus looking to get AC: Unity? I'm tempted to get it, and am teetering on a decision to buy it before it releases tomorrow, but won't be sure until tonight after work. If anyone else is planning on getting it on Steam, nick is Mr. Hivemind and would be up for some co-op missions whenever possible.

Ingram said: