That Other Video Game Thread

Comments

• HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Looks like you're better off not buying it judging by the reception so far. I hope Farcry isn't in the same boat.

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Hadrak said:

Looks like you're better off not buying it judging by the reception so far. I hope Farcry isn't in the same boat.

Yeah, I was waffling and decided not to, but still have my eye on it. I might end up actually buying Beyond Earth and/or Inquisition now, though I've barely played Origins and don't have DA:2 or anything.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Inquisition seems to be doing very well so far and BE is good, but I gotta definitely be in a Civ mood to play it.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Beat Deus Ex: Human Revolution over the weekend. Solid game, also enjoyed the main character was Jensen
    ObynIshin
  • Dat was a good game.
    JensenIshin

Oh dear god. I died a little.

Obyn
    Yaaaaaaass.

I am so hyped for this getting a localization.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    GUYS I'M PRELOADING. I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE TO THE TEMPLAR WHEN I SUPER AFK WHILE PLAYING A MORE DIFFERENT HORNED CHICK WOOING OTHER CHICKS AND GENERALLY HULK SMASHING THINGS TO PIECES. OR FWOOMING, I MEAN, SO MANY POSSIBILITIES.
    Xenia
  • So a WiiU was purchased. Anybody playing games on that?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    No
  • http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/batman-complete-bundle/

Leaving this here for any of you folks that are interested in the Batman franchise. The entire thing (Arkham Asylum, City, & Origins + DLC) for $9.99. Preeeeetty awesome deal, imo.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • I've been playing Godus on my phone. It's a pretty neat little game about shaping the coralling your followers if anyone is interested in it.

Politics
    Gwenith said:

I've been playing Godus on my phone. It's a pretty neat little game about shaping the coralling your followers if anyone is interested in it.

I liked it, then fell off from it after a while, much like most mobile games I find.

Ingram said:

Came out of nowhere, but it looks like it'll be very interesting and fun!

Setne
    Hadrak said:

Came out of nowhere, but it looks like it'll be very interesting and fun!

It seems unavailable for me on Steam, no way to see price, even though it should be, though it has you listed as having the game already.

Ingram said:
    edited February 2015
    It'll be up in a few hours (12pm PST). I got mine early due to the benevolence of Feep. Should be $15.

Game is great so far, but my accent is throwing off the voice commands a little when I don't enunciate properly. Otherwise, the voice commands have been super responsive and I like the tongue-in-cheek start so far with none so subtle winks to the Matrix.

This trailer definitely has piqued my interest. Platforms have yet to be announced.

Ishin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Hadrak said:

Yaaaaaaass.

I am so hyped for this getting a localization.

Which game is this???
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Knight of Fafnir. First person dungeon crawler.

Standalone, $20. Best shooter of 2014 AND 2015.

Obyn
    So many games coming out in March. SO MANY.

March is the new October/November for video game releases. It's not your AAA fare (like it matters), but god it's so great seeing all these games finally coming out.

• Cities Skylines is coming out tomorrow. Looks pretty goooood. Think Sim City with less EA's always-online-dong all up in it.
  • Dragonball Xenoverse, nuff said.

Looks like the team got their lawsuit squared away with Saban and can finally release the game. I'm liking the homemade sentai look!

Setne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Hadrak - all of those games you linked except Chroma Squad look siiiick.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Hadrak said:

Looks like the team got their lawsuit squared away with Saban and can finally release the game. I'm liking the homemade sentai look!

I wish I had been able to support their kickstarter when it was up. Do plan on buying this game.

Ingram said:
    Chroma Squad's just got so much love behind it and they've been having such an uphill struggle just with the legal litigation. I'm upset that Saban actually pursued their IP rights to the sentai license over the game especially since the team is based out of Brazil. I guess that Saban's hand is just everywhere outside of Japan.

I swear to god Bloodborne looks like it's on some serious drugs.

Just inject it into my veins already.

Ishin