Quotes & Misquotes: Falling Off of Bridges

Comments

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    I've got some hilarious quotes. 

@Tina said: "Bartholomew's curing is subpar, at best. I helped him (and a lot of other people for that matter) write their systems, and keep the parts that are convenient for myself. Bartholomew also ragequit the game when they nerfed Templar so that he couldn't autobash people to death anymore." 

And my personal favorite. 

@Tina said: "Teradrim is too easy of a class to use, which is why I use Indorani all the time because it's much harder." 

God, that made my day. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • edited March 2013
    That is pretty foot-in-ass hilarious.
    XavinIllikaalNola
  • Arbre was trying to communicate with the spirit attached to the wolf icon in Duiran. Right before we left it I took a chance and did this just because.

You have emoted: Meyvitch picks himself up, studying the icon. Unselfconsciously
    he throws his head back and makes his best imitation of a howl, loud.

And got this!

"A chilling howl resounds throughout the whole of the Heartwood."

:D:D:) little things like this is why I like my Sentinel.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    RhoHavenHaydyn
  • (Newbie): Porchmonkey says, "Porch monkey come rescue me."
  • edited March 2013
    w
    The massive core of the Great Oak.
    Raest stands here, clasping a great spear in his right hand as he overlooks the primordial heart of
    the Great Oak. A large, blood-splattered totem has been erected here, formed of obsidian, ivory and
    red-wood. Facing outwards and surrounding the totem are a large ivory bear, an obsidian raven and a
    red-wood serpent. There are 2 monolith sigils here. Fell green energy emanates from the pulsing core
    of the Great Oak, a massive pillar erupting from the earth to tower over the Heartwood. A cot with a
    simplistic clockwork mechanism is here, a plain wooden pot atop it. Leather and steel, a suit of
    scale mail is here. There are 3 burly centaur crossbowmen here. Blending in nearly perfectly with
    her environs, a cloaked wilderness warden waits here for potential trouble.  The sublime glow of the
    core casts an effulgent green light over the surrounding area.
    You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

outc 10 ashes
    You remove 10 elemental ashes, bringing the total in the cache to 31.

You discern that you are standing in Duiran.
    Your environment conforms to that of ancient forest.
    You stand upon the Continent of Sapience.
    You are in the Prime Material Plane.
    The Holy Power of Haern pervades this area.

exterminate
    You become very still as you stretch out your arms, feeling out the living essence hidden in the
    nearby plant life. Satisfied, you bring your arms back together and grind the ash between your hands,
    sprinkling it about the ground.

Finally being in tune with the life essence of the surrounding area, you let loose your dark power
    in a rush. It quickly consumes the plant life and returns the energy to you.
    Equilibrium Used: 10.32 seconds

ql

The massive core of the Great Oak.
    The land and plantlife here have been blackened and burned. Raest stands here, clasping a great
    spear in his right hand as he overlooks the primordial heart of the Great Oak. A large, blood-
    splattered totem has been erected here, formed of obsidian, ivory and red-wood. Facing outwards and
    surrounding the totem are a large ivory bear, an obsidian raven and a red-wood serpent. There are 2
    monolith sigils here. Fell green energy emanates from the pulsing core of the Great Oak, a massive
    pillar erupting from the earth to tower over the Heartwood. A cot with a simplistic clockwork
    mechanism is here, a plain wooden pot atop it. Leather and steel, a suit of scale mail is here.
    There are 3 burly centaur crossbowmen here. Blending in nearly perfectly with her environs, a
    cloaked wilderness warden waits here for potential trouble.  The sublime glow of the core casts an
    effulgent green light over the surrounding area.
    You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

• I don't get it. Where's the funny.
    TzaPhoeneciaRivasIllikaalEmelleLiancaValenae
  • Rho said:
    I don't get it. Where's the funny.
    If I have to explain, then you wont get it anyway :/.
    LinAmaraIllikaalValenae
  • Just add this in:

You tell Scout Master Angwe Arcan, a'Bainidhe, "I left you a gift."

Angwe has declared you an enemy of the Duiran Council.

The Duiran Council has placed a bounty on your head for 3000 gold. Reason: Exterminating at the
    Core

You tell Scout Master Angwe Arcan, a'Bainidhe, "Didnt like it then?"
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited March 2013
    That's not very funny or amusing much like a lot of the stuff you've posted in Q&MQ. Now, if you had tried to exterminate and failed, THAT would've been slightly funny. Seems like you're trying too hard to be funny and just falling flat. >.>

Also, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be able to exterminate in Duiran because if I recall, Haven once tried to set the Heartwood on fire and found that he wasn't able to at all as an anti-griefing mechanic. I kind of assumed it'd be the same with extermination.
    RivasXavinRhoKiyotanCalipsoIllikaalNolaHaydynAmaraArbre
  • edited March 2013
    Phoenecia said:
    That's not very funny or amusing much like a lot of the stuff you've posted in Q&MQ. Now, if you had tried to exterminate and failed, THAT would've been slightly funny. Seems like you're trying too hard to be funny and just falling flat. >.>

Also, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be able to exterminate in Duiran because if I recall, Haven once tried to set the Heartwood on fire and found that he wasn't able to at all as an anti-griefing mechanic. I kind of assumed it'd be the same with extermination.
    Mmm, would seem strange if couldnt exterminate the wildlife in a room there. Fires I can see why it wouldnt be allowed since they keep spreading.

Oh and as for it not seeming amusing,  I guess you would have  to know the full story about Cali's relationship with the Duiranites of late, but in general let's just say it was her way of payback.
  • I think it is hilarious and that Phoenecia needs to untwist her britches.
  • Yeah, not sure why that was posted. It's not really what this thread is for.

Emelle
  • You used a skill that tons of people have used before, just on a 'main' location in newDuiran, I don't think it's funny because it's..well, it's not. You're right, I don't know Cal's relationship with Duiran - But even out of context, it just..no. Sorry :(
    KiyotanPhoeneciaXavinIllikaalNolaHaydynAngweEmelleArbre
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I like how I set Spinesreach on fire and Duiran gets exterminated.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Xavin
  • You set Spinesreach on fire?

Huh. We hardly noticed.   >.>

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Rivas
  • Daskalos said:
    I like how I set a room Spinesreach on fire and Duiran The great oak gets exterminated.
    there we go
    Daskalos
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited March 2013
    Its still kind of fail, retaliating on DUIRAN when someone from ENORIAN set a room on fire. Also, fire spreads and is thus more dangerous and annoying to fix since it takes forever to replant everything depending on the extent of the damage. Burning several forests and plains areas by setting fire to one or two rooms can have a huge impact. You exterminated ONE room where EVERYONE in Duiran is bound to see it, and it's bound to be fixed within a day or so. That's...not really much of an accomplishment either way.
    CalipsoRivasDaskalos
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Phoenecia said:
    Its still kind of fail, retaliating on DUIRAN when someone from ENORIAN set a room on fire. Also, fire spreads and is thus more dangerous and annoying to fix since it takes forever to replant everything depending on the extent of the damage. Burning several forests and plains areas by setting fire to one or two rooms can have a huge impact. You exterminated ONE room where EVERYONE in Duiran is bound to see it, and it's bound to be fixed within a day or so. That's...not really much of an accomplishment either way.
    It got fixed within 15 minutes. Both of them, actually. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited March 2013
    @Calipso

Also, you didn't 'exterminate the Great Oak'. The Great Oak is miles tall and it's roots span the entirety of the valley called Duiran and beyond. The trunk is a massive deal that's as wide as several city blocks. What you exterminated was a part of the Heartwood where the spiritual 'core' of the Great Oak meets the ground. The actual tree hovers overhead.

Now, there's been some lore about the Heartwood that suggests that damaging it is an impressive accomplishment that could potentially wipe out all plant life on the planet, or Sapience at least. But nothing has been heard of that lore in ages and IDK the Heartwood's real significance if that got ret-con'd.

Edited: For clarity and emphasis.
  • edited March 2013
    Following a conversation with Illidan about Shaniqua and Laquanda, we arrive at naming Illidan's future children. 

Illidan: Dijonae, Tobasco, Paprika
    Nola Cake: you're going to keel me
    Illidan: Mayonaise Relish Pickle
    Nola Cake: ..are you making a chili dog with your children
    Illidan: Ketchup and Mustard will be the twins
    Nola Cake: THAT IS EIGHT NOW
    Illidan: We also need collard green, mustard green
    Nola Cake: over eight if you count the ones before the condiments
    Illidan: yams, sweet potatoes, con'bread, fried chicken
    Nola Cake: you can't eat your children
    Illidan: water and melon, grape drank, aka purp
    Illidan: DON'T TELL ME HOW TO RAISE MY CHILDREN
    Nola Cake: How many is that now. A small army? A small army of food babies.
    Nola Cake: You're going to have to eat a lot more to make those. 
    PhoeneciaHaydynHavenTeaniIllikaal
  • You people need to chill the fuck out. Forum nazis errywhere.
    Haven
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Calipso said:
    Daskalos said:
    I like how I set a room Spinesreach on fire and Duiran The great oak gets exterminated.
    there we go

Pathway to the Spirean Institute. (road) (Spinesreach.) (5613)
    The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. This area has been blackened and burnt from a recent blaze.

A colorful walkway. (road) (Spinesreach.) (5716)
    The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. This area has been blackened and burnt from a recent blaze.

Tiled pathway near an enchanting garden. (road) (Spinesreach.) (5717)

Plaza water garden. (Spinesreach.) (5718)

Tiled pathway near a somber garden. (road) (Spinesreach.) (5720)

The chess garden. (Spinesreach.) (5719)

Jewelry annex. (Spinesreach.) (5939)
    This area has been blackened and burnt from a recent blaze

A makeshift, multi-colored walkway. (road) (Spinesreach.) (5934)
    This area has been blackened and burnt from a recent blaze.

Colorful walkway near an artistic garden. (road) (Spinesreach.) (5935)

There's quite a few more, but I think my point is made.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I'm a Bena and I have no idea what her relationship with Duiran is.
  • Arbre said:
    I'm a Bena and I have no idea what her relationship with Duiran is.
    I have to admit, with Duiran, that speaks volumes with the leadership having no idea what its citizens do.
    CiarelleIllikaalDaskalosNolaRhoArbreRivasAldricSeir
  • Or it could mean that your character doesn't actually have as big of an impact as you assume it does.
    IllikaalDaskalosHaydynNolaLinArbreXavinRivasErzsebet