Announce post #3278: Shouting & Language

Comments

• No it doesn't make sense. You either role-play or you don't.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
  • I signed up for forums just to comment on this.

I'm not sure what is going on in Shadow, but overall, Spirit is having fun. Most of the the playerbase has been awesome throughout this and as far as I know, there really haven't been a lot of bad feelings. I've been esteeming shadow players every day for their creativity, cleverness, and participation.

-There HAVE been some miscues, killing people that shouldn't have been killed on both sides.
    -There WAS a blockade set and it was a mistake that resulted in a caravans being blockaded.
    -Raiding is what it is. It got started, and it has continued - I recall spending most of my Monday morning chasing 5-8 shadow players around Duiran that were killing guards.
    NOTE: IT WAS AWESOME
    -Wanting to actively grief someone isn't cool, from any person on any side. What one person considers griefing changes considerably to the next person. That isn't for us to decide, if you feel like you're being griefed - 100% issue and let the admin decide and handle it appropriately.

None of us are perfect, mistakes are made and accidents happen. If you aren't cool participating, leave the militia. It's as plain and simple as that. If you screw up, apologize, or don't, just remember that actions have consequences no matter what side of the game you are on.

On a more positive note: The majority of the game has been stellar with these wars going on. The roleplay, the shouts, the bonkers pk, the clever tactics, I am completely blown away.

It's easy to lose your temper and nobody wants to "lose". But try to remember that this is just a game, and it's supposed to be fun.

This is 100% my two cents, spend it or throw it away. But have fun while you do it! :)
    SaltzSryaenAlmolRhineNipsy
  • Xavin said:
    Hi, I said that some people were looking forward to getting more greify which based on what I was shown appeared to be true. I did not say that the entirety of Shadow is out to greif. As for a long, I'm waiting on permission to post what I was shown because I don't want anyone to get into trouble, but it was literally one of Bloodloch's leaders saying to someone that bloodloch is going to get more griefy the longer it goes on. If you want to take my post as complaining (which it wasn't really) or as trying to wash Spirit's hands of any wrongdoing (which it wasn't), then that's on you. Y'all sure are quick to jump down people's throats though.
     You called people assholes without naming names. You aimed it at an entire tether. Of course we're going to jump down your throat.

Post the fucking log.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
  • Toz said:

Hey maybe this is the first time there won't be mass organized issue campaigns, "bait them so they break pk rules" plans, and all sorts of stuff. If so, then fights for days and that'll be great.

I'm just not going to let the false equivalence of "both sides bad" start though, because I've seen how that ride goes- Enorian and Duiran are turning up the heat and BL is meeting them when they can. Own it, it's perfectly valid RP.

Oh, no, for sure. If that's all you're saying, yes, we turned up the heat. It didn't come from nowhere, but we sure did throw gas on the fire.
    TozKalenaTetchta
  • Bulrok said:

Shadow is not the one avoiding all conflict until they out number spirit 2 to 1.

This feels like a huge bait but I'm gonna bite;

After doing some solo ganks this morning and chasing people around with groups of relatively equal size later in the day, I decide to bash a lil bit and:

Prior to that:

Multiple multi-man ganks of Kamar, an actual nwho newbie. Even you yourself bringing Sheryni to duo me in Death Caves.

All of these things are, in my personal opinion, 100% fine and part of the conflict. However, pretending innocence on one side's behalf and trying to guilt us OOC is... sus at best.
  • What @Bulrok said, and what @Rasani said. I'm not taking the heat for this flaring up, and Shadow as a whole shouldn't either. I'm super down for it. But, one side is going to have written a check they can't cash by the end. And that's not gonna get staged as "those Shadow assholes ruining everything" even if it's implied.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Iazamat
  • I surely can't be the only one who's loving everything going on here. The world has never felt more vibrant, alive and full of action. I've lost a full level just skirmishing and fighting non-stop. I'm by no means the sort to have much to say about combat or spend any time really honing my abilities or understanding. I've always been the sort that needed to learn from many, repeated fights -- something Sect will never be able to fulfill but this war is allowing for. I don't care that I can't find a 1v1, it's an added bonus of fun if I can find someone to continuously fight 1v1 and otherwise am loving this game of cat and mouse between myself and packs of lifers trying to kill me.

Whoever keeps upping the ante, keep it up. I'm not feeling griefed. I'm finally getting what I've wanted for years -- an endless supply of conflict.

KalenaAlmolNipsyElene

• Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Church
  • Actual newbies should either be dissuaded or unable to join militias, but I have to assume that if a newbie (not a new player) joins militia, they know what they're signing up for. If they don't, that's a failure on their leaders' parts.
  • Double because I got trapped in the image box- yeah everyone out solo is getting got. That's how it goes and it's *glorious*. I snuck to my mine earlier then hauled ass back home ASAP. I also died in that caves gank because I'm on my phone and forgot to turn firstaid on, and almost got dry vivi'd by Benedicto. We didn't start the fire, but while it's burning I'm gonna make s'mores.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Church
  • Iazamat said:

Actual newbies should either be dissuaded or unable to join militias, but I have to assume that if a newbie (not a new player) joins militia, they know what they're signing up for. If they don't, that's a failure on their leaders' parts.

Someone actually made an idea to keep newbies, like true newbies, from joining the militia. A very good idea imho
    KalenaRhine
  • Rasani said:

(and, to specify because this came up in the Discord: by this I mean emoting a lot in a row. Yes, the war in of itself is rp, but it's mostly pk rp if that makes sense?)

fwiw i meant the war is a valid story that should add to your rp not detract from it.

• Please support!
    TetchtaChurchReaveSryaenEakuRihrinRhineNipsy
  • Making child soldiers is valid RP  >:)

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

ReaveNipsySibatti
  • Toz said:

Kamar has done nothing to engage in anything relating to this war. When I checked yesterday, he is level 14. So which is it? Are all militia members open PK or only ones who actively fight in the war?

Because I've been told of issues being filed against other Spirit members for killing BL militia members who were claiming they're not "active".

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited December 2021
    Killing Kamar was an accident that people apologized for and it hasn't happened again. I don't see the point in going back and forth on this. I can say we didn't know he was a newbie (not that I'd be able to tell, amirite?), but this argument is literally pointless.

Nipsy
  • TozToz
    edited December 2021
    I'm not navigating multiquote on my phone. Admin said "active" so Kamar got bopped and it was apologized for and not repeated. Naos got smoked too.

I say if they're on mwho they belong on deathsight, and consider myself free pk at all times and will play (and swing) accordingly.

Edit: also unicorns @Naos he knows what he did.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Nipsy
  • Almol said:

Rasani said:

(and, to specify because this came up in the Discord: by this I mean emoting a lot in a row. Yes, the war in of itself is rp, but it's mostly pk rp if that makes sense?)

fwiw i meant the war is a valid story that should add to your rp not detract from it.
    It absolutely does! War is just not the ONLY story I want to tell, but it for sure does add to it. Even Enorian being the escalators adds to the rp, I take it all in! I just also liked being a bartender sometimes and right now that is not viable haha. But again, I'm still engaging so obviously I feel my character is gaining SOMETHING.
    AlmolTetchta
  • Rasani said:
    It absolutely does! War is just not the ONLY story I want to tell, but it for sure does add to it. Even Enorian being the escalators adds to the rp, I take it all in! I just also liked being a bartender sometimes and right now that is not viable haha. But again, I'm still engaging so obviously I feel my character is gaining SOMETHING.

Help I'm stuck

Also add giving drinks to your impale alias. Sling drinks and swords.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

AlmolRasaniKalena
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    This war got me to actually, for realsies, stop talking about it and start learning how to be a D-tier PKer, and that alone has made it really fun for me. I've never had more fun dying than I am right now. I do think some of the more concerning aspects it's brought out in the community OOC need addressed in some fashion, either by the players, or maybe even with changes to the system as a whole in some way, but overall I think...this has largely been positive?

That's why I was personally surprised to see people so off-kilter that they were advocating playing this arc out in the way that didn't make it MORE FUN for them, but made it LESS FUN for others. That's what I don't get, and I don't think is okay. If it makes it more fun for you to do [activity that is within the scope of the rules] that will also hopefully help you win the competition and it incidentally irritates someone, I'm way more sympathetic to that going sour than "I'm going to do stuff that's technically within the rules, but my sole motivation is to try and make other people miserable so my team can win." That can only ever end up making everything to tits-up for everyone.

KalenaNipsy
  • Toz said:

I'm not navigating multiquote on my phone. Admin said "active" so Kamar got bopped and it was apologized for and not repeated. Naos got smoked too.

I say if they're on mwho they belong on deathsight, and consider myself free pk at all times and will play (and swing) accordingly.

Ah, okay. I misunderstood, then.

Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
  • Toz said:

For the last time, I didn’t know she was related to you. I said I was sorry!
    NipsyZeheia
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    I'll step forward, and put my name out there in honesty, rather than requesting but I will remove the spirit characters identity unless they wish to disclose their part of this discussion:

And furthermore:

Overall and truth be told, no one has -really- told me they are upset or felt like there was griefing except for one person after my solo raiding of Enorian.
    I actually got esteemed by people in Enorian for doing what I was doing, and have been getting esteemed and comments saying things along the lines of:

"Bloodloch needed a crazy person like you, this is great."
    "Keep doing what you're doing, Enorian is breaking..."
    "This is awesome, it's good to see an actual villain."
    ReaveAlmolTetchtaKalena
  • Novices definitely shouldn't be allowed to join militias, people who want to participate should join the militia, and people who don't want to join the conflict should leave the militia until they want to do open PK again. MWHO's a clear boundary for who is and isn't involved, and trying to guess which militia members are and aren't actively participating only makes things more confusing to everyone.

ReaveTetchtaNipsyKalenaIesidEaku
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    We just need to have fun, there is no comparing a solo raid on guards to 20 people steamrolling a Cities defenses, any argument for that is invalid.
    That being said, good job....I am jealous we can barely muster a bakers dozen to do war things.

It goes to show a larger community in the Spirit side of things who feel they have more on the line in war, and reasons to be in a war, than we have in shadow.
    My hope is that with conflict being a bigger objective that gets looked into, we can make this something that evens the scales and can be integrated with the RP and storylines we have on a more effective, objective based system.

I am having a blast, and like I told Aeryx recently, I cant wait to RP the villain instead of just be one. Sarran and I got to have a sit down and was great, and I would love to do it with others, even if we vehemently disagree on everything.
    AlmolKalena
  • @Church everyone done cleared up that mess about the novice but I a.) Did not accuse, i even tried to make that clear and b.) Want Xavin to post logs of people condoning grieving. But thanks
    Nipsy
  • The person whose log it was has said they would prefer I not post it so I am respecting their wishes. However, the person who said what they said knows they said it. And I would rather respect their wishes than satisfy someone who has come at me with little provocation in the past.

• Will you just post the log and quit trying to manipulate the conversation into looking like we're toxic assholes?

Post the log or quit.
    AlmolXavin
  • Why don't you ask around on shadow web who might have been telling people Bloodloch will get more and more griefy the longer it goes on. I'll give you a hint: It's one of the thronekeepers.

Like I said, I am respecting someone's wishes in not posting what they showed people.

Nipsy
  • edited December 2021
    A decent chunk of the thronekeepers aren't in web generally. Last I checked anyways. JK I forgot dreww was a thronekeeper.

Nipsy