Short Questions

Comments

• Haven said:
    @Oleis or @Razmael: Is it intentional that you lose enhancements points if you fall in level? :(
    Yea, Haven since you went to lvl 99 you lost a point. If you die less and win more, you can get that point back!!

Veovis
  • @Daskalos thanks, I never played Achaea so was not aware of AF.
    Damn and me that was hoping for something like a new age of Albedos.  :D
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited February 2014
    Damonicus said:
    Haven said:
    Oleis or Razmael: Is it intentional that you lose enhancements points if you fall in level? :(
    Yea, Haven since you went to lvl 99 you lost a point. If you die less and win more, you can get that point back!!
    You just want me to join Bloodloch. :(

Edit: Jokes aside, I really don't like that I have to keep my level in order to keep the points I already earned. I thought I was done with bashing once I got endgame since I don't really care for the extra fluff like crit/xp boost or haven points... -sigh- It wouldn't be so bad if the bashing environment didn't suck so hard.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Bashing... isn't that bad. At least, not like it used to be.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Periluna
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Haven said:
    Damonicus said:
    Haven said:
    Oleis or Razmael: Is it intentional that you lose enhancements points if you fall in level? :(
    You just want me to join Bloodloch. :(

Could always dip your toes in the dark pool and join spinesreach
  • Neoma said:
    The valentine murder mystery was great fun and certainly my favorite holiday event by a long reach!  =D>

Now for my short question... Is there a quest that would unenemy us to the Cult of Mournhold?
    Ended up killing the kelki woman by mistake while trying to do her quest. oops
    Yes. You have to go to Migyar and mention a fine, he'll say that if you want to prove yourself, you have to slay the Pact leader of Mournhold Hasaan and present his corpse. Note though that by doing such you'll become enemied to Mournhold, which currently, to my own searching, doesnt have a quest to undo.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Daskalos said:
    This isn't really an adequate justification for anything. Some of us still hate bashing regardless of how it used to be, tyvm!
    HavenCalipsoSetne
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Daskalos said:
    http://pastehtml.com/view/dy9n0vod2.html

Am I just doing something wrong then? Cause I'd really prefer not to have to Three Rock it back to 100+XP buffer to compensate for PK losses.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    That damage is really, really low. Also work in shift and hands into your bashing and you should be able to stay alive.
  • Xaanhal is also nasty if you're not equipped with at least some defensive artifacts.

• Haven said:
    Daskalos said:
    http://pastehtml.com/view/dy9n0vod2.html

Am I just doing something wrong then? Cause I'd really prefer not to have to Three Rock it back to 100+XP buffer to compensate for PK losses.
    You're not doing anything wrong. At 99, in Bloodborn class, Xaanhal was impossible to bash without grimstim and luck, even with an amulet of protection, level 2 enhancement, and a sip bonus. I haven't been back to Xan since hitting 100, but with Safeguard and Shift it should be easier to handle.

I've given some serious thought to picking up Teradrim, Praenomen (crikey I hate that they renamed the vampire class to that) or trying more seriously to get monk. At least in monk the possibility of multi-crits make things a little easier. 

As a Luminary you should have no problem with Tiyyen. Even though Luminary isn't a FOTM bashing class right now, they're still tanky.
  • Imo, you people who look up to tekura as a bashing beast are nuts. Even an annihilating crit from a tekura punch is just going to tickle a Xorani.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Arbre
  • Draiman said:
    Imo, you people who look up to tekura as a bashing beast are nuts. Even an annihilating crit from a tekura punch is just going to tickle a Xorani.

Probably. I haven't had monk in a long time, and Xaanhal doesn't exist in Achaea anyway. After playing a vampire for close to 13 years almost anything looks new and refreshing. :P

• Xaanhal is all about how you can handle raw damage. Remove any physical armor you have. Make sure you're dodging melee. Make sure you have you resist rings. Things like sip and enhancement and higher con are good. Enhanced crits are good. Make sure you're using a red ylem orb, at the very least, and possibly a blue one as well. Use vigor. Basically anything that can either boost crits or help you handle raw damage.

• Not sure if this is the place to ask, but in the past when classes received a remake (or remodeling) or sorts, players would be given the option of retaining their old kit if they choose, in place of the new one. I find this is mostly the case with Classes that received a complete overhaul, thus the new skills feel like an entirely new class.

My question is, why did druids not get the option of retaining their old skills? I know of several players that enjoyed and preferred the old kit.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I also notice extremely fast if my vigor elixir wears off in Xan. Sip that unicorns, it'll keep you alive!
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    What was the verdict on the legality of having a trigger to give your artis out when you're afk?
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul

Arbre said:
    What was the verdict on the legality of having a trigger to give your artis out when you're afk?
    People seem to do this a lot. I've personally been told it isn't okay as per 'HELP AFK' (specifically the following part: "Furthermore, under no circumstances should any automation while you are AFK assist yourself or others in any fashion. This includes giving information or aide, lending items, or performing activities that require or benefit from repetition, unless you are actively present the entire time.").
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited March 2014
    The automation rules don't just refer to bashing.
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    It seems rather silly to prohibit someone from giving their artifacts away while AFK, especially since there seems to be no more prohibition against idling indefinitely. 
    JensenXiuhcoatl
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    What's going on with forums? I keep seeing that new posts are made on the discussions page, but when I go to the thread, there's nothing new there.
    Setne
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    There are some bugs with Vanilla Forums, apparently. I'm sure Razmael or Oleis will be on them quicksmart.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I've noticed that too, but usually the problem isn't that there are no new posts, it's that the page just isn't automatically scrolling down to them.
    Emelle
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Oh ok, just making sure it wasn't something wrong on my end.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited March 2014
    EDIT: This might be private info actually.
    Areka
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Just as a bit of clarification: the vanilla forums software is pretty centralized. There's not much we can change. I guess that's nice compared to something like IPB, which was godawful to update at the time, but it means bugs or questionable design choices are here to say.

On that line of thinking, your posts helped me track down a "feature" of the reputation system that was attempted to auto-sink posts but didn't do so in a way that was complete or seamless. I think I've properly disabled things. You should now be able to see posts from the affected players.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    edited March 2014
    How does one go about redeeming a house deed?
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Calipso said:
    Not sure if this is the place to ask, but in the past when classes received a remake (or remodeling) or sorts, players would be given the option of retaining their old kit if they choose, in place of the new one. I find this is mostly the case with Classes that received a complete overhaul, thus the new skills feel like an entirely new class.

My question is, why did druids not get the option of retaining their old skills? I know of several players that enjoyed and preferred the old kit.
    Druids were a problem because of the absurd advantage the old Groves skillset lent to team combat. Unlike other 'extinct classes' like Infernal and Priest, Druids were not given the option to keep their old class simply because the complications and problems they would contribute to game balance would be far too great. 
    XavinCalipso
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Iosyne gave a really accurate specific answer, so I'm going to give my best broad answer, too. By allowing Infernal and Priest to remain on, the game's administrator left a pinhole through which lots of unintended consequences can stream. Combat balance must include them, it's impossible to deprecate their skills on a code level, and all their little trappings must remain, to some degree, in our design consciousness. Not only does it negate the point of a revamp, but it actually makes things worse than they were before.

Neithan said:
    How does one go about redeeming a house deed?
    Message or email Razmael.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Oleis said:
    Iosyne gave a really accurate specific answer, so I'm going to give my best broad answer, too. By allowing Infernal and Priest to remain on, the game's administrator left a pinhole through which lots of unintended consequences can stream. Combat balance must include them, it's impossible to deprecate their skills on a code level, and all their little trappings must remain, to some degree, in our design consciousness. Not only does it negate the point of a revamp, but it actually makes things worse than they were before.

A big example of this would be a few years back when, in the midst of a war, Bloodloch inducted a living priest who was regularly granting militia members and other members of the city spiritshields. Pretty much any change to spirituality or devotion that goes through impacts priest characters, unless they're coded specifically for luminaries.

Likewise, it could create balance issues if people with falcons show up, since the falcon ent can be a pain to deal with and baubles no longer exist. That said, if someone actually kills a falcon, I'm not certain that there's a falconry in the game anymore other than the one that's in the templar guildhall.