Short Questions

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Xavin said:
    Oleis said:
    Iosyne gave a really accurate specific answer, so I'm going to give my best broad answer, too. By allowing Infernal and Priest to remain on, the game's administrator left a pinhole through which lots of unintended consequences can stream. Combat balance must include them, it's impossible to deprecate their skills on a code level, and all their little trappings must remain, to some degree, in our design consciousness. Not only does it negate the point of a revamp, but it actually makes things worse than they were before.

A big example of this would be a few years back when, in the midst of a war, Bloodloch inducted a living priest who was regularly granting militia members and other members of the city spiritshields. Pretty much any change to spirituality or devotion that goes through impacts priest characters, unless they're coded specifically for luminaries.

Likewise, it could create balance issues if people with falcons show up, since the falcon ent can be a pain to deal with and baubles no longer exist. That said, if someone actually kills a falcon, I'm not certain that there's a falconry in the game anymore other than the one that's in the templar guildhall.
    I admit I would personally -love- to have the old chilvalry/falcon skillset, but naturally I would be lacking as only having 2 skills in relation to the usual 3 perk. I agree that keeping these classes around does create problems for future balance, I guess it is just sort of a nice reminisence when you see it around again after a long time of being removed.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    @Xavin: Ayshieria (spelled that wrong, I know) is back and giving out spiritshields again. 

• Moirean said:
    @Xavin: Ayshieria (spelled that wrong, I know) is back and giving out spiritshields again. 
    Ughlame.

Artifact idea: 200 cr artifact that allows the use of spiritshields -.-

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Don't worry guys, she's not going to break the game. Let her play her character as she sees fit.
    Calipso
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Idk spiritshields are pretty OP in MODERN TIMES! They don't even wear off unless you log off or die.

• Jensen said:
    Don't worry guys, she's not going to break the game. Let her play her character as she sees fit.
    I'm not complaining. Just....urgh.

Looking at spiritshields, it's a 5% boost to cutting, blunt, fire and cold resistances as well as access to an additional level of will and endurance regen. Not highly op but...well, it pushes things upwards.

edited March 2014
    I know and I see how I gives unfair advantage. I just would hate to log in ready to play aetolia for the first time after a several year hiatus and read a ton of complaints about a persons allegiances and RP choices. I don't know her well enough but I'm guessing 300 (forums broke) years of RP lead her to the side she's on. It'd piss me off if strangers got to override that
    Haven
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I think if it really became an issue, it would be easy enough to make a simple change that makes the skill mechanically only work on people aligned with spirit (since that's in the name it makes sense) or possibly untethered as opposed to being aligned with shadow.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Once a falcon is dead, it's gone forever. Borscin kept jump-teaming me with Ellenia, and I knew I would die, so I made it a point to attack his falcon. He had auto-recall triggers when it fled, and when I killed his falcon, it was permanent and he was pissed. Lesson learned? Don't jump me with Ellenia repeatedly or I'll do really dickish things instead of issuing. 

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Calipso
    I've always thought of picking my paladin back up but the thought of losing falcon always changes my mind
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Oleis @Razmael

Is there any chance we'll be able to give/sell haven points in the future?  I think this is something most of us want.
    DamonicusAryanne
    Jensen said:
    I've always thought of picking my paladin back up but the thought of losing falcon always changes my mind
    The falcon flees when it gets below a certain health, so as long as you don't leave it out, you'll be fine. It's auto-recall triggers that do you in.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    What's the syntax to have an NPC grade your Kata for you? And which NPCs can do it?

Also, can these NPC names and the syntax for it be added to a global helpfile somewhere? Like maybe HELP TEKURA.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I want to say that npc grading was removed when mastering a kata became more of an rp thing than a requirement.

I feel like the grading only worked up to orange belt, anyway.

The syntax might have been ASK blah GRADE kataname. I don't recall. I always got people to grade me, for rp. Because getting it graded is for that, now.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I thought mastering katas helped improve damage and accuracy. Did that get changed?
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal

Arbre said:
    @Oleis @Razmael

Is there any chance we'll be able to give/sell haven points in the future?  I think this is something most of us want.
    This won't be happening, sorry.

Haven said:
    What's the syntax to have an NPC grade your Kata for you? And which NPCs can do it?

Also, can these NPC names and the syntax for it be added to a global helpfile somewhere? Like maybe HELP TEKURA.
    NPC grading was removed when grading was no longer required to advance in Tekura's skill ranks.

Sarita said:
    I thought mastering katas helped improve damage and accuracy. Did that get changed?
    It offers a very minor boost to damage for the attacks that are in that belt colour.
    @Razmael -- do you have plans for more things to do with Haven points? I'm sitting on a -ton- of 'em.

• Daskalos said:
    @Razmael -- do you have plans for more things to do with Haven points? I'm sitting on a -ton- of 'em.
    Yep!
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Will we be able to hire wenches with haven points? 
    LinArbreXavinAryannePerilunaJensen
  • Teradrim: gmcp.Char.Vitals.momentum

Is it me or is this broken? when I have momentm active or not, it only shows "0" ??

@Oleis
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Why isn't the aberration quest giving out honors lines anymore?  Has it changed?
  • I'm trying to put together a new Syssin lesson plan and its hard without knowing how many lessons guild members will obtain by level 70 including the ones given by the TASK system, through levels and bound credits earned bashing.  Does anyone know?  Thanks! 
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited March 2014
    I don't have an answer, but consider that if you don't intend to PK, the only skillset you need is Subterfuge (unless I'm horribly outdated and Garrote-bashing is no longer a thing). So keep that in mind!
    Slyphe
  • Arbre said:
    Why isn't the aberration quest giving out honors lines anymore?  Has it changed?
    Removed from the game. It's a new quest.
    edited March 2014
    @Haern -- How did you -get- the line? I got one of those token thingys for doing the daily quest and killing the big amount, but never got the line. No one seemed to know. They all said 'just do the quest, you get the line'. But... I didn't, so I gave up.

• Daskalos said:
    @Haern -- How did you -get- the line? I got one of those token thingys for doing the daily quest and killing the big amount, but never got the line. No one seemed to know. They all said 'just do the quest, you get the line'. But... I didn't, so I gave up.
    I think it was manually set to control who actually could get it, since it was technically a Duiran-centered plot quest. I'm not certain if anyone outside of Duiran has it.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I did the quest too and didn't get it. Seems to be a Duiran-only line.
  • I -think- I only got the line after my 3rd token.
    But it's possible I just didn't notice it until then.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I got it the 1st time.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Can Aetolian fey handle iron? How much should the average Duirani know about them?