Short Questions

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Oleis said:
    Haven said:
    Oldforum archive gone now or just down or is my end just derping?
    Had a teeny website outage. Should be better now.
    ah, sweet. Thank you!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Feeling dumb, but how do you put the golden idol bits together ?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    fuse idol
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    You rock :)

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Some questions regarding the black diamond snow globe artifact:

A: Does it reset a year after use, or in the new year in a general sense? I've heard conflicting opinions.

B: Can it be used once per in game year by anyone, so long as it's once per year for that person? E.g. Daingean uses it once, then gives it to Alistaire, who may also use it once in the same year?

C: Now that artifact bandages exist, can we please get them added to the available wares for the sake of equality?

D: Why can my firemonk character not evoke fire on those stupid wights for a one shot, for serious. Running mobs are the pits.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I can't answer all of those, but...

A. I'm pretty sure it's after use, as in 12 IC months.

B. No idea. I haven't let people try mine because I like going there. I have heard people ask to borrow them, but I would assume that it's once per year period.

C. That's for the Powers That Be to answer.

D. Having them run kind of equalizes it. It seems like across all my characters, it takes roughly the same number of hits to get them. Tekura and other combo classes are really the only ones with any kind of advantage. I like using scorpion stance with the basic combo, personally. Sometimes they'll run out and then back in before the last part of the combo hits.
  • @daingean:

A: Every 12 months, so 13ish days. Say you use it in Variach one year and Severn the next, you will have to wait till agfter Severn to use it again.

B The artifact is linked to the person using it. So I can say let you borrow it and as long as you have not been to the swell in a year, you can go.

C & D Cannot asnwer. I use Teradrim's earth batter with dex. hitting for around 2.15 sec per one.

• D: Every attack as far as im aware, no matter HOW many artifacts you have only deals 1 damage to them things.. well last I checked
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    It's 1 damage per hit and they flee after each hit, so you're best doing multi-hits (eg monk, Carnifex, etc) and bringing an elemental (ylem enchantment skill, shops sell them) and ordering it to hit if they come back in while you are off bal.This way you can hit them as often as possible.
  • I already have the level 1 Lumie hunting boon artifact power, and I got a level 1 hunting boon token in a chest. Can I use the token to upgrade the power to level 2? If so, what's the syntax?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• @Rivas I don't think so.. I think that'd just to be cashed in for a different class one. Otherwise, talk to Raz.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2014
    What do I type to get all my gmcp info to pop up on the screen again, I.E character stuff, room info, skill levels etc

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

If you're in Mudlet, and haven't deleted the lua parsing alias, you can do:

lua gmcp.Char.Vitals

and

lua gmcp.Char.Status

To show all the critical bits. lua gmcp.Char will show the fully-populated table of everything that's delivered by gmcp about your character.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Riluo
  • think Ashmer means, 

lua display(gmcpofwhatyouwishtosee)   like- lua display(gmcp)

Riluo
  • If you HAVE deleted it, you can make an alias like it:

^@(.*)$

assert(loadstring("display(" .. matches[2] .. ")"))()

Then just do @gmcp.Char.whatever.yougetthepoint

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Riluo
  • Suppose I have an item that will decay in 20 months that I want to mail to someone. Letters last 10 months I think? Anyways, if the person doesn't login for 12 days will the letter decay in transit, ruining our communication and poofing the item? If not, and they don't login for 30 days, will the item in the letter decay in transit?
    Rawr
  • IIRC, they'll get the letter no matter what and the letter will decay 10 RL days later. If they don't log in before the item decay time, they'll just get an empty letter.
    In other MUDs there's a literal post office room that's like a stockroom where items in there don't decay, and letters chill there before delivery. I'm guessing Aetolia is maybe similar?
    OleisRivas
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Nalor said:
    think Ashmer means, 

lua display(gmcpofwhatyouwishtosee)   like- lua display(gmcp)

That'll work too, but it comes out the same way, from what I can tell.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    re the snowglobe: It's one use per year.

meaning, if someone's used your snowglobe once in that year, no one else can until 12 IG months have passed. To add to that, each person can only go once per year. You cannot go multiple times using different snowglobes, nor can multiple people go using your snowglobe.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    What is the purpose of the torches in the chests? Do they do anything worth while.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    TRADEIN TORCH gets you 5cr per. That's what I do with 'em.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Riluo
  • Are there any plans on introducing a full on curing system in-game? Something like what Imperian did?
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Noon said:
    Are there any plans on introducing a full on curing system in-game? Something like what Imperian did?
    No. Having it server-side introduces real balancing implications that I'm not interested in combating here. I think Imperian did an admirable job in trying to ameliorate the issue and I can testify firsthand that it makes the game fun to play, but it also put a lot of hurt on affliction classes. A lot of hurt.

What I'm more interested in doing here is having an easily-accessible free system. As the capabilities of our officially-supported HTML5 client increase, expect something to start materializing.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    edited January 2014
    How will that free system work after a liaison round or two? If it's actively updated, how is that going to be different from server-side curing? Would people basically be stuck using the web client if they wanted to use the free system? It seems like the effect would be the same as server-side curing, except things would be obfuscated by  coding for people who want to customize things, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding.
    Moirean said:
    How will that free system work after a liaison round or two? If it's actively updated, how is that going to be different from server-side curing? Would people basically be stuck using the web client if they wanted to use the free system? It seems like the effect would be the same as server-side curing, except things would be obfuscated by  coding for people who want to customize things, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding.
    The issue is latency. When a system operates server-side, it is inherently faster than anything client-side could ever conceivably be. The natural inclination, then, is to enforce a delay to simulate latency. In theory, that could be effective, but the end result is still something with a distinct advantage over every other system available for use. My Imperian roots compel me to call what comes next 'the Whytebot effect.' When everyone (or almost everyone) uses the same system, combat techniques begin to shift almost exclusively to taking advantage of the exploits in that system. It has a funneling, anti-creative effect on combat.

I'm not sure how a free, open-source system 'obfuscates things by coding' and makes customization more difficult. You know that in a server side system we have to code in every single customization for you, right? There's no way we can provide a level of customization that will suit everyone.
    [---]
    I'm not trying to be contentious or piss you off. I was just asking. I tried helping a new player with the html client and I found the code rather hard since I'm not a coder by profession, so I personally would struggle customizing a free system for that. That's what I meant by things being obfuscated, since customization would require the player learning code to change things. I didn't know about the latency thing (should I have? I don't think something like that would be common knowledge?). 

Anyways, it's clear that I've pissed you off, so I'm sorry and I'll leave the topic alone.
  • PLEASE no imperian curing I have a 2.09 speed knight on them and its rock solid nowadays to stick any affs because the server side curing its it pretty impossible ... the only way around server side curing is hidden afflictions since imperian's autocuring doesnt cure that.. so if you pick a class with hidden afflictions, youd most likely beat everyone on imperian! lol....

My Question, Does anyone even use the web client for combat? I tried when I first started playing but I couldn't find any help on it so i didnt even make a targetting thing for it ....
    Unfortunately, that's why I have to refer to the "increasing capability" rather than being able to act now. The setup for interacting with it and scripting for it is quite atrocious. Now that Garryn is working his magic on it, I expect we'll be able to do some great, intuitive things with it before too long.
    [---]
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    H:7370 M:4646 E:29400 W:20400 17 Midsummer 411 Dawn 0 [csdb eb lr] 13:19.42
    646", "maxmp": "4515", "ep": "29385", "maxep": "29400", "wp": "20400", "maxwp": "20400", "nl": "67", "xp": "13462430", "maxxp": "20068603", "blood": "100", "bleeding": "0", "blind": "1", "deaf": "1", "prone": "0", "cloak": "1", "fangbarrier": "1", "flying": "0", "herb": "1", "salve": "1", "pipe": "1", "elixir": "1", "moss": "1", "tree": "1", "renew": "1", "affelixir": "1", "focus": "1", "soul": "100", "residual": "0", "status": "living", "balance": "1", "equilibrium": "1", "left_arm": "1", "right_arm": "1", "wield_left": "", "wield_right": "", "class": "lycanthrope", "string": "H:7370/6100 M:4646/4515 E:29385/29400 W:20400/20400 NL:67/100 " }H:7370 M:4646 E:29385 W:20400 17 Midsummer 411 Dawn 0 [csdb eb lr]
    H:7370 M:4646 E:29385 W:20400 17 Midsummer 411 Dawn 0 [csdb eb lr] 13:19.44

It does this on a regular basis on all sorts of things (entering a shop is horrifying).  I do not know if it's my client (zMUD) or Aetolia, but it started when I got my new computer (using the same operating system (Windows 8)).  Any education?