7/25/2020 at 5:23
Keroc, the Starborn
I had planned to do this later on, but since it now involves the Pit report (2887 for reference) we'll be exploring some big changes early on!
- Healing elixirs and defensive elixirs now share the same balance.
* This means you can't drink a health elixir and levitation elixir at the same time anymore.
- Health and mana elixirs will knock your elixir balance for 4.75 seconds.
* Same duration as before.
- Levitation, immunity, frost, antivenin, and vigour elixirs will knock your elixir balance for 1.4 seconds.
* Slightly less then before, used to be 1.5.
- Speed elixir continues to remain free of needing elixir balance for now.
- The Pit now strips levitation every 4 seconds, up from 3.
- The Pit can now only be ensorcelled by the person who cast it.
- The Pit no longer bypasses levitation if the target is fallen.
- Firstaid will use defensive elixirs over healing elixirs.
* I haven't really found a situation just yet where waiting is worth while with existing mechanics and the balance being short, but feel free to let me know if it becomes a problem.
There are some further changes that come along with this that are experimental, as this was something I was working alongside the above ones. I may further adjust, expand, or revert these ones, so keep that in mind. I didn't want to change too much early on.
Celerity & Recovery
There is now a new mechanic called Recovery to go alongside Celerity.
Under the old system, every second you would recover all your celerity points. With recovery, you now only recover as much celerity as you have recovery. So if you have a recovery of 2, you will regain 2 celerity points each second. Everyone has a default of 2 recovery to start with.
Gaining extra recovery will often only come in the form of a temporary boon or situational position. As such, don't expect to gain a defence that gives recovery at no cost to yourself. It will perhaps require an endurance upkeep or for you to be within a certain environment.
AUDIT will show you your total recovery along with your celerity.
Changes to go alongside this:
- New Affliction: Shock.
* This affliction will block recovery from occuring.
* You will be able to move until your celerity points are spent, at which point normal movement will become unavailable.
* Cured only through time, restores 1 celerity upon being cured.
- Trotting from Horsemanship now bestows +1 recovery instead of celerity as long as you are mounted.
- Stalking from Corpus (and the racial) now bestows +1 recovery during the night.
* No longer hides your player from view however.
- Celerity from Corpus now bestows +1 celerity instead of its old effect of speeding up the recovery tick.
Hiding abilities are making a small comeback in usefulness.
With Heatsight being wildly available, many abilities that hide you from view are quickly countered at zero cost. We would like to see them have some usefulness within the realm, so some changes have been made to strike a balance so that they are usable without being frustrating in day-to-day events.
Changes to go alongside this:
- Heatsight is now a single use command that will show the room, letting you see hidden players only for that moment.
- The hiding defence is now stripped when you move, unless you are shadowing someone.
- Shroud no longer hides the player from view in the room, it continues to hide actions and movement however.
- Spiritsight for Deathlore now lets you see those who are currently dead within the realms.
- Shadowsight for Subterfuge now lets you see through illusions 50% of the time.
- Lifevision remains how it is for now, however it has lost the ability to see through illusions.
Penned by my hand on Closday, the 2nd of Khepary, in the year 489 MA.