Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Yeah, artifacts a big unbalancing factor for PK right now. And Monks actually have it worse, dat Telepathy/Kaido/low audit.

Again, I'm not raging at anyone for using the tactics they did, and I can understand how overwhelming artifacts get. Just clarifying that generally I've found these events to have good etiquette as far as teaming and duelling go. The exception being the year 400 events, but that was set up as more of a city vs city thing than individual events like these.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Sorry, I don't check the forums as often as I used to! @Irruel:

Well, I can't really comment too much on Enorian's current predicament considering I haven't played in quite some time and don't know many details beyond what's been posted here. The latter half of my remark was more of a generalized comment/wish more than anything based on past experiences in the game.

That aside, to answer your questions: 

• What can a city make a guild do that is abhorrent?
    Yield or submit. As is, a city for whatever reason can interfere with guild issues/politics/conflicts (for better or for worse) and force them to choose between: obedience or "endlessly suffer" (via enemy status and potentially bounties) or leave/move the guildhall (while there have been exceptions in the past, this is not a realistic or even a practical option as far as I know) or stage a coup (a drastic option that has its uses but shouldn't be the norm imo considering its far reaching effects).

A guild's only significant recourse to that kind of power is a coup. Regardless of whether the city was in the right or not in the first place, I think it's a bit unfair and skewed to have inner conflict set up that way. It's my wish that the playing field be evened out a bit.

[spoiler]
    For example, I think back on the conflicts the Infernal Knights used to have with Bloodloch over the living members within the guild. The only recourse to the pressures and tactics Bloodloch used (often brutal and or extreme as befitting of their theme and RP of the city at the time) were to stage a coup or leave. A coup was out of the guild's reach due to the undead only policy of the city and the majority of members were living or at the very least too few were undead in the guild that could pull such a vote weight in the dictatorship that was Bloodloch. Leaving was a limited option because the administration as far as I understood then did not like the idea of moving Guildhalls out of cities in that time period for a variety of reasons. The reason why this issue was such a problem was because of two things. The first being guild/class resources (you could only receive a falcon from hatcheries which were located in two places: the Paladin's Guildhall in Enorian or the Infernal Guildhall in Bloodloch). The second being that it split guild loyalty between those that migrated to Spinesreach and those that remained true to Bloodloch's undead policy. And the split worsened whenever Spinesreach and Bloodloch were at odds. All this is a big reason why RP and bargaining with the Admin has lead the Shadow Keep to exist outside of any city in Tarea near Spinesreach.

If you want a more recent example, I suppose you could be pointed to the drama that unfolded a few months back between the Luminaries and Duiran (although it might be more accurate to say Haven vs Duiran but whatevs). Some members of Enorian thought to use the city's power/influence in the issue but thankfully were persuaded not to in the end when it was made readily apparent it was strictly a guild issue and not a city issue.  Regardless of the legitimacy of using such a power, my point is, however, that cities have a lot of power over the guilds within their walls and the guilds within have a very limited path ahead of them whenever such inner conflicts of interest ever arise. I think that should be evened out some. Maybe a system where guilds supply a % of the guards or supply a certain and or special type of city guard. I don't know. -shrug- That's one option however unlikely.
    [/spoiler]

• Why might a guild actually be doing something that could make a city interfere in such a manner in the first place?
    Roleplay. Who knows where it takes us sometimes? Sometimes organizations deviate from the norm or maybe orgs represent a certain shade of a norm that conflicts with other shades. Maybe their interests just naturally conflict with certain issues. The possibilities are endless really and it saddens me to see it stifled and or hampered a bit due to a skewed balance. I personally prefer variety. Coup should be an option, not the only option in my opinion. Especially considering the full scope and rippling effects of such an action.

You are right, however, in that violence -is- an option but even that is limited. Chances are that for these types of issues, x death(s) doesn't necessarily resolve anything and then we're back where we started staring the skewed options of coup/leave versus obedience in the face.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited November 2013
    When Plato went down in the fight and it was me, Daskalos, Moirean, Ezalor, and Ilyon left in the arena. I -knew- I was goin' down. Even with my arties I'm no match against any of those four people. I ran from Ezalor and then right before he killed me - 
    You say, "Ah, oh well. I won't run."
    [RECKLESS|RECKLESS|0|99%|68%|100%|87.1%|R:100] [HMcspdb --] Confusion
    You are again able to use a healing serum.
    Curing: Stick analeptic
    The kidney slice has cleared your system.
    Curing: Outc kidney slice;eat kidney
    Ezalor attacks you with a reaping blow of a gruesome crescent scythe.
    You have been slain by Ezalor.
    I'm pretty confident in my abilities and when I saw my stack wasn't goin' anywhere and after every hit (with 7000 health) I was down to like 5k or less. There comes a point where it's essential to run, or just give up and die as a Syssin.

Edit: Sorry >> I know this is old news. Oops!

Rou
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Personally, I would love it if we established a culture where during arena events and/or duels artifacts were discouraged. Outside of these circumstances, of course, it's a different deal.
    Rou
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    You mean so that people who have either paid money to support the game or worked hard to earn enough to get valuables in the game wouldn't be allowed to use them?

I'd say it's maybe a bit better if we hope there's a way to balance things so they can be used without everyone else feeling helpless. That said, I'd really like it if people didn't just step into a room and attack on sight in -all- events, but rather checked if someone was available for a fight and not fighting someone else at that moment.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Eh, it'd be a sportsmanship thing for situations that are more about fun and shows of skill than anything else. It'd also be completely up to those participating. No one can make you do anything, after all.
  • Angwe said:

Personally, I would love it if we established a culture where during arena events and/or duels artifacts were discouraged. Outside of these circumstances, of course, it's a different deal.

I agree with this, as another vanilla player (no stat/sip/enhance or combat artis), but moreso with special events, like the year 400 stuff, Delosian Brawls, etc. I think those sort of events ought to be fair for all players.
    *unnecessary banner*
    Zaephlyn
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Rou said:
    I agree with this, as another vanilla player (no stat/sip/enhance or combat artis), but moreso with special events, like the year 400 stuff, Delosian Brawls, etc. I think those sort of events ought to be fair for all players.
    just to expand on this, I would suggest an Arena Mod that negates all artifact powers.  This may be the solution you all are looking for
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Aryanne
  • Macavity said:
    Rou said:
    just to expand on this, I would suggest an Arena Mod that negates all artifact powers.  This may be the solution you all are looking for

Why HELLO there!  ( I idea'd exactly just that )

For the haters, just y'know.. actually read what I said and imply in it there. Instead of glossing over it and being like uhmehgurd! But what about...!? Keyword is also 'optional'.

More on topic:
    I want crocodile class dammit. :(

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn

@Daskalos Ooooo, I hear they tried a hard reset on a place called Shallam in Achaea. A year (give or take) later and they still don't have guilds/houses/groupsofpeoplesharingcommonclassesandhelpingn00bs yet! And they still don't take trees.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    In regards to the web client - Garryn's been super helpful so far - I've similarly put in some requests for updating the literature, and some slight adjustments for the client itself (like being able to group aliases like you can triggers).

For those who don't know, I've started working on a noob import/export that I'll toss onto a ghelp, with some quality of life things.

Attached is the current pastebin of what I've got in place so far - if anyone has any ideas or would like to help, please let me know? I'm not a coder, keep in mind. 

Moirean
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited November 2013
    Just overall grumpy 'meh' about playing Aetolia. Lately it just feels like all the strong exciting stuff has been replaced with things I'm not interested in. Like looking for lucky charms and finding lumpy oatmeal. It's just not very thrilling.
    Zaephlyn
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Why the eff was the nibble emote changed? I liked that emote. Meh.
    Ciarelle
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Moirean said:
    Why the eff was the nibble emote changed? I liked that emote. Meh.
    Because people didn't like nibble on the ears of their food!
    lrn2setalias
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    If there ever was a short emote that got changed that I enjoyed using, I would just make an alias of it.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Yeah but why change it? If people don't like an emote, they can just....not use it.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It isn't about people not using it.
    It's about people having it used on THEM.

Downwithglomprompsnugglelet'storch'em./grump
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Nom.
  • edited November 2013
    Meh, people doing stuff like nibble, pounce and other overly affectionate or aggressive actions - that's great fun. All sorts of RP responses to it.

Pounce on me? Maybe I'll punch you a few times in the face.
    Nibble my ear? What the hell do you think you're doing? Get away from me you disgusting little pervert. If you so much as look like invading my personal space again, I'm going to invade yours with cold steel.

If your response is just to avoid them, they'll never learn to take their character's actions seriously.
    I used to get so many free beheads from people using pre-set emotes on me.
    Ivoln
  • PROPOSE isn't an emote, Moi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Haven
    BEST HOTFIX EVER.
  • Zaephlyn said:
    I ran from Ezalor and then right before he killed me 

Zaephlyn said:
    Ezalor and then right before he killed
    Zaephlyn said:
    she
    FTFY
    Zaephlyn
  • edited November 2013
    I Rage at people crying over dying in the Fracture which is OPEN PK then try to take revenge out of the fracture and close down Cmud so he doesn't DIE AGAIN!!

And I DOUBLE Rage at 'a Admin' doing one rule for one and another rule for another! That so isn't Right!!!!

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I rage at the fact that if I get bored for more than about a week I start wanting to orghop and that currently it's urging me to completely sidehop.  I can't just move every time the grass is greener.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    ArbreMastemaPerilunaPiperHaven
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Arbre said:
    I rage at the fact that if I get bored for more than about a week I start wanting to orghop and that currently it's urging me to completely sidehop.  I can't just move every time the grass is greener.

Don't leave meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. (Shamans). 

@Alexina That is a really neat picture, where is it from?

Aryanne
  • Mariena said:

@Alexina That is a really neat picture, where is it from?
    Kinda looks like a Bayonetta manga picture... but I'm not sure that any of those aren't hentai/ecchi :-?
This discussion has been closed.