Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• tl;dr - I dropped five holocausts, was still off eq when I tried to move and didn't realize my movement failed. Herp derp.

Setne
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    People who correct grammar in says/tells/shouts.

We get it, you can spell properly, and us dumb/forgetful folk shouldn't be playing you're game. Its just two much of a strain for you too put up with us. And if you read that sentence allowed, it sounded exactly the same as if you spelled everything correctly.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

MissariHavenEzalorValenae
  • Draiman said:
    People who correct grammar in says/tells/shouts.

We get it, you can spell properly, and us dumb/forgetful folk shouldn't be playing you're game. Its just two much of a strain for you too put up with us. And if you read that sentence allowed, it sounded exactly the same as if you spelled everything correctly.
    imageimage
    AarbrokAldricLinTeaniPerilunaArbreAngweCiarelle
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Sending out messages of Apology for something entirely preventable.
    Lets get it together folks.
  • The fighting earlier reminded me that I should stop putting off having a healing system/offensive system beyond first aide and hunting scripts. 

imageimage
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    The hostility coming from Duiran lately.  I've never wanted to quit the Council so badly as I have these last two days.
    ElwynSolariaXavinAymah
  • I lasted all of 1 comment on Dion before turning it off again. I now recall why I quit doing stuff with Duiran. >_>

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ElwynSolariaXavin
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Arbre said:
    The hostility coming from Duiran lately.  I've never wanted to quit the Council so badly as I have these last two days.
    This is part of why I keep reconsidering playing right now. The negative energy makes me really not want to even bother with the council. So, update contest, say hi, log onto alt. At least the boringness or deadness didn't make me just want to not play at all. I would still log in for half of my time to make sure to help out.

edited August 2013
    The passive agressiveness lately has made things insufferable.  It has forced people who used to be enthusiastic to be more brash, to take orders from higher up in leadership and make a point that when you step down from positions and refuse to do things to help out, it is frustrating for the five to six people who are out every day doing things trying to make things better.  There has been plenty of opportunities, excitement, enthusiasm trying to be made, but it has been really hard to be playing lately due to the fact that no one responds, no one does anything, but everyone has an opinion from their Havens.

Im just hoping that once summer ends things turn around a bit, I am overall disappointed with what I am having to do by request in game lately, I hate playing the person I am playing...it sucks. I dont want to play my character like this.

If it is so bad, if you do not feel like helping the problems, and would rather just complain about them than be part of a change. There is the door, take it if you like.  Complaining on the forums does not fix anything in game.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Aarbrok said:
    Complaining on the forums does not fix anything in game.

What game have you been playing?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AarbrokLinAtrapoemaHadoryuMissariEzalorNolaValenae
    One in the land of Maaaaaake Beliiiiieve!
    Aarbrok said:
    Complaining on the forums does not fix anything in game.
    It just allows people to vent, which is natural and sometimes needed. After the posts, there -was- a productive chat. Doesn't always happen, but someone stepped up and made it happen.

• What sort of hostility is going through Duiran? I must not be high up enough to get any crap. Or I'm talking to wrong people.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Aarbrok
  • Moirean said:
    I've reached the room limit on my house. The game won't let me add more rooms. :(:(:(

+--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #391 ----------------------------+
    |  Entered by: Razmael                             Date: 2013/08/02 13:21:27  |
    +--------------------------------- CHANGE ------------------------------------+

* Added NSTAT CATCHUP to instantly mark all your news articles as read.

* Added CONFIG OVERVIEW.

* Changed Domination's skill names to reflect what minion is actually
    summoned.

* Player houses no longer have a 50 room limit.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
     Who is a happy Moirean now??

MoireanLinPiperAngweAldric
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    MOIREAN IS A HAPPY MOIREAN
    LinPiperPerilunaDamonicusAldric
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    edited August 2013
    Thinking about stepping down and taking a break from Aet. Between my grandfather's death and the stress of trying to find a place to live, I'm lacking in the time and energy it takes to be CL. Leylining is still tedious and tiresome. Changes promised in February are still waiting to be implemented with zero update of their progress. Feels like we're slipping into an old routine, and it is depressing. This game is no longer the escape it used to be. 

I invite your counterarguments. I beg you to convince me I'm wrong. 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Counterargument: SURE IS NICE IN SPINES HINT HINT.
    SetnePiperAtrapoema
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Two eye patch wearing weirdos is better than one.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Lin
  • An eye patch for an eye patch leaves the whole world looking stupid.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

SetneRivas
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Screw it, let's all just quit and move to Spines.
    AarbrokTrager
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

Well, we DO need more people to clean our sewers...

I would love to beg you Kiyo, I just dont have a good enough reason to.  I only became a Benandanti to help out due to three of them being dormant and/or nonexistent.  Learned why they likely did that, and now feel like doing it myself. 

Its a game man, if you want a break take one.  
    ...It is what it is.
    Angwe
    Aarbrok said:

I would love to beg you Kiyo, I just dont have a good enough reason to.  I only became a Benandanti to help out due to three of them being dormant and/or nonexistent.  Learned why they likely did that, and now feel like doing it myself. 

Its a game man, if you want a break take one.  
    ...It is what it is.
    Agreed so hard.

• Kiyotan said:
    Thinking about stepping down and taking a break from Aet. Between my grandfather's death and the stress of trying to find a place to live, I'm lacking in the time and energy it takes to be CL. Leylining is still tedious and tiresome. Changes promised in February are still waiting to be implemented with zero update of their progress. Feels like we're slipping into an old routine, and it is depressing. This game is no longer the escape it used to be. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

AarbrokAngwe
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Valenae said:
    Kiyotan said:

And if you don't, there are others willing to.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    AldricRivasPiperEzalor
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited August 2013
    It's summer, lots of people are away (including myself) and don't have as much time to make an effort. It's sad but true.

@Kiyotan: If the game is not fun for you right now a break is probably a good thing. Your real life must come first and you say you have a lot to deal with.

I'll be back next week again, helping out as best as I can, up to the point where it stops being fun and starts feeling like a chore. The game should never be a chore, ever. I can only ask that you stop in from time to time and see if you can perhaps find some fun in the midst of it all and give it a chance rather than dropping it completely. That's all we can ask of anyone really.

Edit: Also, I know Eireachdus is a tradition and all, but it's become so tedious for those involved to keep up that maybe it should be dropped. Most of the time people working on it end up so stressed out they don't want to come around. If not dropping it, then at least making it smaller. Just make sure to throw up a few Arena Events, those who have fireworks can set up a show if they want and let people converge at the Core to chat and enjoy the company.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited August 2013
    Just IMO, you guys in Duiran are way overreacting. You have enough ylem to last you more than half a RL year with all trees full if no one extracted another drop in that period.

PK conflict only happens at lessers too; lessers are only 3k ylem every 3 hours. Minors actually provide a much bigger and safer method to gather ylem. As far as I know, Duiran's ylem rewards system is kinda bad not to mention also inactive, so there isn't much motivation for people to go out and hunt down minors.

It does suck to watch those ylem numbers slowly dwindle but it's not like you're in Enorian's position or anything :P. Touch up the ylem rewards program and I bet you'll see people start wandering out to accumulate ylem. Lessers are more about PK than ylem tbh, so it is understandable if some people don't want to go out to them.
    XavinPeriluna
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I had the trees turned on again last night, 
    As well as released a new rewards system for the Council as a whole. Which was part of this being done so that we could open everyone eyes (First step), Then offer incentive and education (Second Step).  

Overall as was stated in posts this was to demonstrate what will happen if we do not work together.  Because over time, one needs to motivate not watch people be incredibly comforted with the state of things.  It is well known Duiran has enough ylem, but when you lose a half million so quickly because of inactivity, you need to send a message.

Thanks for checking on our ylem from Bloodloch though <3
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Yeah, I've heard complaints from people that the ylem tracker person (Seir?) was completely inactive. And that Kaeus got like 10 credits or something paltry for over 200k ylem.

As much as BL PKs and wins the lessers and stuff, a good half or more of our ylem comes from noncom sources. I wouldn't have any motivation to gather ylem either if I got 10 credits for 200k heh.

And ah. I got the impression from all these forum rages that Duiran was in like full meltdown mode, ready to burn everything to the ground because they lost some ylem.
    edited August 2013
    Nah, its just a few people who were impatient to follow through with the plans we had that hardly ever play anyways, the core group of people who do collect Ylem knew what they were doing, and did it basically as a "shock and awe" attempt.

Its not easy work, but it did open the eyes of people I think.  Those who actually took time to sit down and discuss what was going on were given understanding, sadly most the Bawww that ran to the forums just turned CT off and didnt even try to discuss IG.

Kaeus put work into the rewards program and took it over from Seir, offering a slew of new things and some old, as well as the former point system, however now it will be actively tracked and Kaeus created a script to do so as well from what I understand.  Illidan turned back on the trees just by being asked by me, and overall it was hardly as harsh IG as people wanted to make it out to be.

Dramatic much.

Its really hard being a leader in Duiran, I can see why people have a rough time with it at times, but not everything is snuggles and sunshine all the time.
This discussion has been closed.