Politics
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Mudbot function, @Gwenith

• I hate how awkward the Library System still is >:(
    MoireanGwenith
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Reading is for nerds!
    AryanneTrigruSarkis
  • Yeah I'd rather go for a walk around Duiran than read a mass of text.
  • One of the things I love about this game is that you can write and create cultural depth through literature and scholarship, and it can fuel some pretty cool RP. One of the things I hate is how clunky running a library can be.
    IshinMoirean
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Sometimes I wish there was less books, like maybe if I was sure the books that were there were like CHOICE reading material, I would be inclined to read some of them. Most of it is just ancestral crapola.
    Aryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I don't mind there being a lot, though I did prune a ton out when I re-did the Spirean main library. The issue is that it's a bitch to sort through and find relevant stuff.
    SolariaIshin
  • No kidding. It seems people don't (or didn't) know how to title books in relevant ways.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited August 2014
    I think the issue is that ever cycle of leaders/ministers/secretaries/citizens want to contribute with their own stuff, which eventually leads to lots and lots and lots and lots of books in a single library. I can't be bothered to read through the titles of all the books if there's too many of them, particularly when there's ~300 books. Literally speaking. I stopped counting at 153 books and I was 56% through the 'MORE to continue reading'.

I don't even see how a fraction of this is even relevant to the guild members, and yet it is stored in our library. Allow me to share a tidbit of the many esteemed titles gathered:
    • 'The Constitution and Laws of Shallam, Circa 93 MA (copy)'
    • 'Erotica: Consanguinic Pleasures (copy)'
    • 'A copy of The Temples of the Gods and where to find them' (now, this one would actually be useful if it had information that was relevent, but since it refers to Slyphe as 'Her', I think it serves little educational value)
    • 'On What It Means to be a Druid, and the Role of the Druids Guild (copy)'
    • 'Best Loved Erotic Poems of the Horkval by the Horkval Queen (copy)'
    • 'Midwifery (copy)'
    • 'The Savannah Cow - A Brief Study (copy)'
    Please don't misunderstand me. I am not criticising the litterary effort of the authors of these books, nor am I placing any sort of judgement on the quality of their work; simply put, I think a guild's library should contain information pertaining to that guild's philosophies, history, and goals, and that other sorts of books should be found in either public, city, or personal libraries. Likewise, outdated information should be revised and updated.

/end bookrant
    Rage at mobs now shielding. This was, like, one of the things I liked least about Achaea.
    AlexinaKrazTragerArekaIshinErzsebetAishia
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited August 2014
    Moirean said:

Rage at mobs now shielding. This was, like, one of the things I liked least about Achaea.

I rage about this as NOT every class has a raze skill @Keroc‌ .. FAVOURITSM at its best lol!!

editted before some smart ass makes a comment bout hammer tattoo.. with 6 tattoo slots, the other 6 tattoos are way more important then the hammer tattoo
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    JayceIshinTeani
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited August 2014
    God forbid they put a bit of a challenge into bashing to what is already ranked as the remedial level easiest IRE game to get to Endgame on.
    We hardly lose experience, people get end game at 18 years old, there is no real risk in dying....but a shielding mob is a gamechanger.
    GwenithAryanneZsadist
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Nalor said:

Moirean said:

I rage about this as NOT every class has a raze skill @Keroc‌ .. FAVOURITSM at its best lol!!

editted before some smart ass makes a comment bout hammer tattoo.. with 6 tattoo slots, the other 6 tattoos are way more important then the hammer tattoo
    We'll be targeting this at mostly at the 80+ level areas, rather then newbie ones. Even then you'll probably only see it on boss level mobs and not on the general rabble. Newbies are safe for now!

AarbrokObyn
  • Oleis said:

Well, I do love My Chemical Romance...

Going a bit back, and completely offtopic: I'm a 24 year-old bearded man who's a welder and works at a manufacturing plant that makes four-wheelers. I, too, love MCR. WE NEED TO UNITE!
    Aarbrok
    Aarbrok said:

God forbid they put a bit of a challenge into bashing to what is already ranked as the remedial level easiest IRE game to get to Endgame on.
    We hardly lose experience, people get end game at 18 years old, there is no real risk in dying....but a shielding mob is a gamechanger.

I enjoy PvE challenges when it's stuff like Giovelli or a boss mob, but if I'm just going out to bash, I do it because it's a nice, relaxing sort of grind where I can zone out and push buttons and see a slow return from my effort. If bashing suddenly turns into something where I have to pay as much attention and think as hard about it as I do PvP, it loses its appeal.
    Areka
  • You don't really need to pay attention now that they shield. It's pretty easy just to keep wailing on the shield until the mob breaks it themselves by attacking you. It's actually a nice break to catch up on health/mana/moss ticks as it's one move they aren't damaging you.

That's how I rolled it in Achaea, but pretty sure you'll be able to write a shield detector/raze script pretty easy.

Politics
  • edited September 2014
    Catch shield line. send("qb [raze attack] " ..target)

profit
    I was never endgame in Achaea. This was years and years and years ago. I just have memories of being stuck in stupid long fights with mobs because they'd shield, I'd try to break the shield, they'd shield again and would be recovering health in the meantime, so by the time I managed to deal damage, they'd have enough health to get back into the shielding. -_-
    I'll just say our mobiles will use their shields a little differently. How often and when they shield is purely at the builders discretion. The ones I setup will only ever shield once.

They won't attack once they shield here, so you will need to destroy the shield.
  • Oh damn... there goes my strategy.

Politics
  • edited September 2014
    Aarbrok said:

I will hold any praise or complaint until I see if this is going to amount to an actual change in how bashing works, or if it stops at just adding shielding. But... @Aarbrok‌ this is not really 'adding a bit of challenge'. It does 3 things.

1) It forces people who have classes without shield raze to use up one of their tattoo slots for a hammer tattoo.
    2) It slows bashing slightly, but not a great deal, if as @Keroc‌ said, the mobs won't be shielding over and over.
    3) requires adding one more tiny bit of script to autobashers, thus negating any change to bashing, other than .. see #2
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Based on what the Administration has stated, it hardly looks like its going to effect all but a few specific mobs...and not general trash in a bashing area.

Autobashing, Automation.....Feh!

Probably shouldn't be auto-anything, but thats just me. Nevertheless if you arent paying enough attention to react, then you shouldn't be bashing.
  • Aarbrok said:

Based on what the Administration has stated, it hardly looks like its going to effect all but a few specific mobs...and not general trash in a bashing area.

Autobashing, Automation.....Feh!

Probably shouldn't be auto-anything, but thats just me. Nevertheless if you arent paying enough attention to react, then you shouldn't be bashing.

How bout learn to bash and you'll realise what a pain it is..

and I was aiming it more for novices!

Novices tattoos consist of mindseye, moss, boar, cloak, shield, moon/owl/mountain tree.. which is 6 tattoos and classes like indorani, cabalist, daru, monk, a few of top of my head dont have or get a raze ability til after skilled.. (cant remember where daru/monk get that new thing they got) and im sure they'll be other classes without it.

Also Keroc only mentioned it wont effect lower levels so I dont care for me personally it was more of a rage at more crap novices have to take into account @Aarbrok‌
    I think newbies are probably more interested in just playing then getting tied up about resources. Swapping out a mountain/owl tattoo for a hammer probably wouldn't bother them. Hypothetically anyway.
    AshmerPeriluna
  • far as I remember classes like sentinel, monk, templar, mages really do need the owl/mountain, but you already said it doesnt effect novice / lower levels when I first raged it sounded like it was gunna effect all areas
  • Keroc said:
    I think newbies are probably more interested in just playing then getting tied up about resources. Swapping out a mountain/owl tattoo for a hammer probably wouldn't bother them. Hypothetically anyway.
    As someone who makes lots of alts, the end or wp costs of many classes demands those tattoos unless you have the miniskill transed/endgame. And sometimes even then. To be honest, I think it kinda screws the level 80group without stuff transed without doing anything to make bashing more interesting. Having to drop mountain for hammer on some class because you want to do shapers (assuming I read the post right?) Is rough - esp. Since the other areas you can bash at that level and get meaningful gains are few and far between. 

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ArekaSolariaErzsebetAishiaNalorTeani
  • Just make these special mobs give extra xp- or even better, a sizeable sum of gold, like 700-1000.
    Haven
  • I rage that no matter how hard I fucking try or what I look up in the mudlet wiki..... I cannot, for the life of me, get my damn aliases/triggers/scripts (WHATEVER) to fucking get my combat AI to work -.-.... And its pissing me off! I want to just scrap the entire damn thing and stay manual! -.-
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

This discussion has been closed.