Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• edited August 2014
    @Trager Actually don't remember seeing any use of Illumination. I saw the attempt fail, though. Thought it was due to being in Auresae's presence. Logged?
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Fire explodes from Jami's outstretched limbs, burning away any darkness that has settled on the room.

...in all honesty though, I dont think she intended to be troll-y with it, I think she just burned off the dark that one time and it stuck around.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Right, I can't help it. I'm going to rant. About an event. Specifically, the culmination of this charm stuff.

Here's the thing: there was a LOT of evidence that the charms would do exactly what they said they would do. I'm talking weeks and months of RP establishing this.

- Severn was injured and we knew it. See the log about Moi's daughter Sevryla /minotaurs telling Moi directly that severn needed help and going to the Shadow Plane to help him, as well as the Ati events.

- Iosyne knows how to manipulate shadows. Her order members learn this when She makes a simulacron of us. It's firmly established that She is skilled with shadows, and so making a charm like this is logical and within Her arsenal.

- People are made of spirit/shadow essence. That's like the entire reason for our current tethers (undead don't have spirit essence). It's a fairly simple leap of faith to assume it can be manipulated, given that numerology and necromancy can manipulate "essence" in general.

- Iosyne's arc has taken her from an impulsive, single-minded goddess who might very well do something like risk the world's safety to achieve a personal goal (see: the original shadowplague) to one who is far more mature and aware of the results of her actions. She cares, in her own sort of way, now, whereas before she saw affection as weakness. Tricking all of Sapience into summoning some crazy monster that would destroy them makes NO SENSE and is entirely uncharacteristic for her and it's absolutely nothing her order could have predicted.

- Iosyne herself was off in the shadow plane. Her Apostles have never shown that they were strong enough in the past to do something like the summoning that they did. The charms were created out of Iosyne's own power (essence?), as she made clear to her order when Moi tried to distribute them to the Cabal, and their use was a very delicate process. But for this event, not only was their prior method of operation completely abandoned, the essencecap was left, still half full, in the temple. It's still sitting there, completely unused, 60% full of shadow essence. The past days of drama? Apparently it meant absolutely nothing for this conclusion. Somehow, Issril merely collected the charms, smushed them together using previously undemonstrated super power and just summoned an immense beast from the shadow plane. And then destroyed the charms. Even the ones not in her hands. She somehow destroyed relics across Sapience fashioned from a god's power without even touching them. Before this point, she was only really ever illustrated as a badass fighter who could take on a group of people with fancy swords.

It makes WAY more sense that gathering shadow essence would strengthen a wounded god who rules over shadow than it would summon some random chaos monster via the shadow plane, so it is utterly infuriating that people are smugly going hahaha told you so, when I, at least, sat and considered if this was a trap, considering all of these facets of the situation, and then firmly discarded the idea.

More than that, this entire situation makes very little sense, and it really really feels like a hasty cover job because of ranting that went on over the forums. This sort of thing has happened in the past - see the litany of changes to rez skills, or other PK abilities repeatedly changed and rechanged and rebalanced because of forum outcry, but I think this is the first time I've seen it applied to a RP event. I'm left sitting here going "wtf" and rather confused, since apparently my patron is now out to get Sapience and I'm also complicity a bad guy when, as I explained above, I analyzed the situation and determined it was REALLY REALLY REALLY unlikely for things to turn out like this. For stuff to be brute forced anyways into a resolution like this and for people who have little to no knowledge of the lore to be able to prance around going I told you so is really irritating and infuriating. What's the point of building up lore and divine arcs if stuff is just going to DRASTICALLY changed at the last minute. It doesn't make sense at all.
    TragerXarianFaerahIshinAniseIlyon
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    That sounds frustrating
    TragerAarbrokAshmerIshin
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    edited August 2014
    @Aarbrok and @Melantha
    It was very much a troll move. Made absolutely evident by clan chats I was privy to.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• edited August 2014
    @‌moirean

You could always PK her if you don't like the rp.
    Trager
    I would consider it if I suspected she was the one leading the event. To put it bluntly, I really doubt she was.
    Thank you for the clarifying post. That really does help to hear.
    JensenTragerAarbrokSolariaOmeiAuresae
  • Oleis said:

That combined with the unfortunate unlikelihood of Severn-the-player's return to frequent activity led to a need to end the event in a way different from the original plan. The charms were silently disabled last night, which led to some confusion.

Maybe one day Faerah will meet Severn. Maybe... One day.

Thanks for the explanation, though. I was super confused by how the charms could have possibly done something since the essence cap wasn't even filled.
    Doesnt that mean we're now going to have to RP that Iosyne lied directly to us in an attempt to summon a shadow beast?
    FaerahIshin
    Please let us just retcon it... :(
    FaerahAshmerTragerSolariaJensenIshin
  • edited August 2014
    Yeah, I'm not really sure what to tell the Guild... Truth be told. We have a bunch of people in Spines (and in the Syssin) like "WE ARE BEING LIED TO, LET'S HELP AURASAE" now.

Edit: Which I'm happy to deal with IC, if I could figure out how the unfilled essence cap had anything to do with anything.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited August 2014
    Please allow Iosyne to set the pace of what happens next in her Order's roleplay. My guess is that it won't involve very much of what took place today.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    AryanneAarbrokMephistoles
    Don't take any offense to this, and also note I'm still on vacation so I won't kick into action until monday but... I was one of the few who got full explanation to what we were doing and why, though I haven't been around during the whole event, it was still what led my guild and city's actions. With that in mind for me to hold true to my RP dictates that I start defiling or only burning through shrine shields, killing Lllazuth, destroying any of the spider creatures, and generally attacking any order members, their property, their families, their kids, and or possessions. Jensen put his faith in this, and represented that to his guild, it's what his course of action is going to be on monday unless there's an RP bandaid.
    AarbrokFaerahIshin
  • edited August 2014
    @Aarbrok Ah. Yeah, it sticks around for a while after. Not deliberately trollish, no.

@Moirean Actually read through that whole thing. I think I can understand your frustration in the broad sense, just a bit. I obviously wasn't a witness to the lead-up, but I seriously didn't expect it either. My first thought was along the lines of, "Oh, hey. Lots of shadow. They're bringing back Severn. Better invite myself over and be a nuisance." Definitely didn't think there'd be a shadow monstrosity trying to break loose. For myself, regarding the prior events, I honestly couldn't muster up anything more than a hearty 'meh'. I had no idea what would happen, but it felt inevitable, so I didn't feel like getting worked up over it. Just went with it to the extent of my knowledge of things. My sympathies.

@Trager‌ Wasn't aware of that. Found the burning distracting, but figured it was something I'd have to put up with. Because invoking darkness right in the presence of Auresae? Seriously? If it hadn't already been done, I would have put down Blaze as an IC matter of course.

@Oleis Ah. That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying. Really is a shame, though.
    ~~

~~
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    This is not a rage, but it sort of fits in with things in this thread, so I'm not going to switch to a different one.

I think we all learned something from this event. The Admin has time and time again said they can never guarantee a deadline for something. This time it screwed with an event (unfortunately) because Severn's player couldn't return as anticipated. It's also good to see that the Admin are attempting to fix broken situations.

AarbrokMephistolesArekaMelanthaElie
  • @Melantha, to me the trollish part of what Jami did is that it basically fills the room with spam when people are trying to read the divine RP and keep up with what is going on. The aggressive part of it doesn't bother me, but the unnecessary spam does. If I played a consanguine I'd probably take that as reason to PK her, and I'm a little surprised none of the consanguine who here there did. Then again, they might just be waiting a bit.
  • @Trager Edited above. But yeah. It's not even really a matter of aggression. Like I said above, it's an IC matter of course. Something you don't even think about. "Darkness? Nope. Blaze."
    ~~

~~
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    There are times I really just wish there was an option to easily colourconfig all of the colour in the entire world off.
    imageimage
  • THEY BROKE MY SIGN. I AM BEING OPPRESSED. I NEED THAT SIGN TO CONVEY MY OPPRESSION!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

SerriceErzsebet
  • Erzsebet said:

There are times I really just wish there was an option to easily colourconfig all of the colour in the entire world off.

While I have no idea whatsoever why you'd want to do that, it'd actually be relatively simple, barring a few of the special Godly-look-at-me-I'm-visible-RP-at-me-please type things!

Pick one of your umpteen bajillion alts and set all of the colors to white via config color, then when you feel like SAPPING THE COLOR OUT OF THE WORLD just COPYCOLORS . As long as you have one character that's got your regular color configuration set, you should be able to easily switch between!

CONFIG ANSI OFF
    Aryanne
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    That'd be lovely, except for the fact that it's the eye-bleeding and unnecessary colour-splosions of the god's worldmotes during events I want to be able to de-colour.

I love you guys, and your RP is entertaining, but my OCD cannot handle your yellow-on-red background worldmotes. It -barely- handles the 'hey look at me, I'm visible' motes. I get that this is -my- problem and not yours to worry about, as either admin or as volunteers, I just wish I had the option to opt out of colour entirely without having to choose the 'log off until it's done' option.
    imageimage
    Moirean said:

CONFIG ANSI OFF

Omei
  • @Oleis: Can you post what you posted here on the Announce Board in game for people who don't forums? At some point, I have to make a very incomplete/vague post to the Syssin explaining what happened and I'd like to know that they all know why.
    Ishin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited August 2014
    With all due respect, it should be RP'able, I mean the rest of the world had no clue what was going on when the Syssin and Iosynes order were collecting essence, and we got to roll with the punches through the event. I think as a Guild Leader you should definitely be able to console the organization through this, much as @Moirean had to for the City when everyone was getting neckstabbed.

It does stink, I totally give you that, but its not like its unsalvageable, You did what you did to have Severn back, which is what a Syssin should do, something went wrong...damn it all.... I got faith in you lot.
  • I just want to say I didn't do it to be a troll. And didn't do it again for that reason, I just kinda went no, no darkness and then realized after what the cause of that is
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I am bitterly disappointed that this event got changed after all the effort of doing roleplay with people, except that one very bad and uncalled for emote that I did. As well as getting bounties, and trying to involve others with my limited time and resources. Then whilst I slept something happened to end it very conveniently. It is down right off putting.

mm forum rp ftw...

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Ishin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Moirean said:

Moirean said:

CONFIG ANSI OFF

So, what you're saying is, config ansi off? I want to be sure.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Moirean
This discussion has been closed.