Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Aarbrok said:

With all due respect, it should be RP'able, I mean the rest of the world had no clue what was going on when the Syssin and Iosynes order were collecting essence, and we got to roll with the punches through the event. I think as a Guild Leader you should definitely be able to console the organization through this, much as @Moirean had to for the City when everyone was getting neckstabbed.

It does stink, I totally give you that, but its not like its unsalvageable, You did what you did to have Severn back, which is what a Syssin should do, something went wrong...damn it all.... I got faith in you lot.

Sorta.... but if we RP it out it means Iosyne lied directly to the leaders of the Syssin and used our ties to Severn to get us to help summon a shadow beast for -no- reason. It also means she lied to her entire order just to summon a shadow beast. So the Syssin are pissed, I can't speak for her order but if it were me then I'd be pissed, and everyone who got charm stabbed is pissed. Nothing good happened and we're going to have to RP being enemies shortly is what is looks like.
    Ingram
  • IngramIngram Alaska
    edited August 2014
    Which, if prior events that weren't sort of.. hamhanded, like this one's conclusion, had vitriol and complaints, I'm sure what'll come next will prompt some haughty expressions.
  • Moirean said that Iosyne was away, why couldn't it be that the priest that hijacked thing went off the deep end? He took the opportunity to grab the stored essence and power of charms created by a Goddess to summon some demony thing. For great destruction and doom.

This is from the outside looking in though.
    Trager
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Really I'm grabbing at straws since these aren't avenues I'd hoped to pursue
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I don't know if 'no reason' can be applied - it could be to try to empower herself against other beasties like the Varaasdfakis thing that chomped on Duiran, or simply bit off more than she can chew with not understanding the depths of the dangers of the Shadow realm. Or she got her Klaatu Barada Nikto wrong. The poor result doesn't necessitate a deception in intention, just that things got out of hand.
    Nola
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    That was part of what I said to Faerah and Olethea on one of the clans, I think its an opportunity, as they did nothing wrong by the charge, Gods are not infallible, mistakes can be made. I know Spinesreach will attempt to make understanding of things, and I have not seen any public backlash save for tethered spurts of ..."You screwed up". Aarbrok gave an initial, I warned you but that was about it.

I think writing it as there is no potential RP that can be made with a failed ritual that nearly resulted in a bigger issue, is a bit off...I think it is an opportunity to find out information and work for things. Again I dont know precisely what was told to the orgs, the only people that do is the orgs, but a lesson I am learning and especially one I have seen all too often, is Gods make mistakes and mortals are always willing to assume they never mess up. Being in the Cabal you learn differently and have a different perception of divinity, so its perhaps normal for us to not see it that way.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    This is pretty much just tangential, but the meta level/player reactions to this event kinda reminds me of the Naztu Pirates and Undead Ashtan. Anyways, as I was browsing that old thread for nostalgia, I came across my old description for what I was trying to turn Ashtan into...
    .....My initial request was this:

- scholars demand pay increase
    - Ashtan, unable to afford them because of war, sends press gangs to the taverns. Enter ruffians and thugs on the guard force
    - Bahkatu guards retire, moving to Duiran for loyalty purposes
    - Ashtan, desperate for forces, puts out a general amnesty to those who may have been "accidentally" accused of piracy. Gets pirates to guard the bay
    - Pirates start building a shanty town
    - ????
    - profit! (and by that I mean a dark-life city with kick-butt taverns, alleys, dirt, grime and fun RP opportunities)

I think the above would have been enough to make Ashtan interesting to be in. Fun surroundings would encourage RP (look at the people who go to my tavern, for example, because of the ambiance) and make the city far more active....
    I think I've been trying to make Spinesreach for years. I just finally have the city bank account behind me to make it happen. o:)
    AshmerAarbrokTragerTeaniPiper
  • I rage at having an admin log in and make a decree that requires me to spend $70 to buy an artifact in order to continue to be a good Consanguine. What exactly was the thought process in declaring that all Consanguiine must have their names removed from the 'mortal registries' then selling an artifact to accomplish it?

Did someone really think that dictating how I spend my money was a good idea? And now, several of us who either could not afford to, or simply refused to do so, have to (not for the first time) deal with "LOOK LOOK! BOODLINES YAREL! He isn't doing what the Primus said he had to!" And yeah, I understand it... Why should anyone in the House obey its laws, if members of the Council have not complied with the Will of the Primus...

I don't think I've ever made a post that would be considered bawing, but now its my turn. This was a ridiculous thing to do... So please... FIX IT!!! BAW BAW BAW BAW!
    Riluo
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm not exactly sure who or what you're talking about, but if the facts are as you've presented them, that's messed up. Mind messaging me the details?
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    RiluoTrager
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Yarel said:

I rage at having an admin log in and make a decree that requires me to spend $70 to buy an artifact in order to continue to be a good Consanguine. What exactly was the thought process in declaring that all Consanguiine must have their names removed from the 'mortal registries' then selling an artifact to accomplish it?

Did someone really think that dictating how I spend my money was a good idea? And now, several of us who either could not afford to, or simply refused to do so, have to (not for the first time) deal with "LOOK LOOK! BOODLINES YAREL! He isn't doing what the Primus said he had to!" And yeah, I understand it... Why should anyone in the House obey its laws, if members of the Council have not complied with the Will of the Primus...

I don't think I've ever made a post that would be considered bawing, but now its my turn. This was a ridiculous thing to do... So please... FIX IT!!! BAW BAW BAW BAW!

I hate to say this..but why in the world would people require you to, mechanically, do that? If you RP that you have cut off ties with your mortal family and you don't wear their name, then who cares? You can't help who you are related to IRL, even if you cut the people out of your life. If it was required that we do it mechanically, I think there would be far more people who'd be in deep water by now. Including my own character. Man, I'm not freaking spending the credits to buy the artifact to redact all of Sol's children - that'd be freaking expensive. I -really- doubt admin are expecting that.

AarbrokNola
  • I just want to know what bawing is.
  • Yarel said:

I rage at having an admin log in and make a decree that requires me to spend $70 to buy an artifact in order to continue to be a good Consanguine. What exactly was the thought process in declaring that all Consanguiine must have their names removed from the 'mortal registries' then selling an artifact to accomplish it?

I think you are mis interpreting what is supposed to happen. Mechanically the show bloodlines stuff should not matter. Whomever is poking that with a stick is at fault. What should be happening is like when Damon went back to D'baen, he told his blood daughter Ellis that as long as he is a Consanguine and has the blood of D'baen, that in his eyes, Ellis is no longer his daughter and will treat her as such. IIRC the Edicts were put into place before the remove bloodline pill was made. So as long as you are not calling your "mortal" children son or daughter or trying ot add more into the bloodline you are fine.

Solaria
  • Having just read over all the Dominion posts and the Edicts again, I think that the problem is in people misinterpreting the Edicts, and applying @Sarita's post, while ignoring the last few words of it.

'In truly following the Edicts, it will not be enough to merely eschew
    the relationships once held within your Mortal bloodline. You must
    formally renounce all ties to those who remain in it. Remove all of
    their names from yourself. Strike yourself from the records kept in the
    Grand Aetolian library IF YOU POSES THE MEANS.' (emphasis added)

So I see that the fault is not with an admin, but rather with someone's interpretation. In that case, I rage no longer. Thanks all!
    SolariaAshmerOmei
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I really wouldn't be very surprised if that's what's going on. I think the "official admin" stance should really just be what's in the wording of the Edicts themselves, which doesn't say anything about needing to use artifacts or any other costly methods to prove that you're following them. The post Sarita wrote even says specifically a bit farther down that using the artifact is only her suggestion rather than something Abhorash mandated.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I think the point he's making, @Sarita, is that the only way to "strike yourself from the records" (as you say in the post) is to buy the artifact pill. It might be a good thing to clarify that you mean titles and surnames should be removed as a way of formally renouncing any previous family ties.

I..think that that's intentional? It mean to get the artie IF YOU POSSESS the means (mispellingthere), to encourage its use and really commit. Do all the rest, but if you can afford it, do the mechanical/official dealie on top of the RP.

Though maybe that should be part of the mechanics of the houses, at least for new people coming in - when you join a house/get embraced/certain rank in the house, it does what the artie does.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited August 2014
    Areka said:

I..think that that's intentional? It mean to get the artie IF YOU POSSESS the means (mispellingthere), to encourage its use and really commit. Do all the rest, but if you can afford it, do the mechanical/official dealie on top of the RP.

Though maybe that should be part of the mechanics of the houses, at least for new people coming in - when you join a house/get embraced/certain rank in the house, it does what the artie does.

Or. Getting embraced, not sired, EMBRACED should delete your bloodline..

Forcing a old Vampire, since I guess this is something new, to break the bloodline is kind of silly, granted titles/family names from my knowledge have always been deleted, But bloodline to the older people is kind of silly :/
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    I listed embraced?
  • Aye I meant ignore the joining of a house, and house rank as some people can gain house rank without being embraced.. It should be just for them who get embraced.. :/@Areka
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Why, though? IMO, there should be that tension there of "this is what you left behind" or "this is what your mother/father/etc has become" - wiping bloodlines should be a big deal and not something that just happens as a matter of course.
    SolariaTeaniIshin
    I feel house rank would be more appropriate than embracing in itself, as that draws into question what about rogue vamps/non-housed vamps who aren't binding themselves to the Dominion's edicts?

And for Moi - there can be that tension with the mechanic as well, as there's that mark of 'my parent forsook us for power as you can see'. The matter of course is part of making that decision/adds a certain weight to the choice.
    The thing is, if you wipe the bloodline, only the individuals directly involved know about that narrative, because to everyone else, it just looks like nobody got bloodlined. It's a lot easier for stuff to just be wiped clean and forgotten, and subsequent generations won't have that reminder written there.

Better would be some mark in the bloodline to show that it's been severed, like a parenthetical in red text mentioning consanguine or embrace or soemthing.
    It isn't a clean wipe, it shows up as redacted, so there's a narrative there, just not evident to onlookers -what- the narrative was.
  • edited August 2014
    I am curious: What does removing yourself from bloodline do to others in your bloodline?

For Example: If Solaria removes herself from her bloodline, will Aryanne no longer "officially" have any siblings? Since she only has Solaria listed as a parent, will our bloodlines all be erased as well? How about the jumps above and below? Would children now show grandparents still if they don't have a parent anymore?

EDIT: Ah - I think my question was just ninja-answered while I took forever to type it.

Removing your name entirely is what the artifact is for. I don't think it should be something that automatically just happens for vampires. If it did, it'd be just another ugh reason not to get embraced, for me.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I think it just says [redacted] but I'm not sure.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

TragerArekaAryanne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    The bloodline of Runk:
    Great Grandparents
    ------------------
    Landara M: Unknown F: Unknown
    Helius M: Unknown F: Unknown
    Rhaea M: Arafel F: Unknown
    [redacted] M: Unknown F: Unknown
    [redacted] M: Unknown F: Unknown

Grandparents
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Aryanne
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2014
    I went ahead and did this, it was a bit sad as I had a lot of "mortal" great grandchildren etc. Although it fits with Riluo to some extent to purge the weakness that is humanity. Still it cost 125crs ... for the edicts rp which sucked, as it felt over priced.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Some days I really wish that IRE games allowed closed recruitment for guilds... -_-
    RiluoAshmerIshinJensenRivas
This discussion has been closed.