Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Riluo said:

@Oleis @Razmael please can this bug be fixed it is becoming a total pain. We can not convert or sire our house members. All because of the lycan update

You hold the jewel shard against the forehead of X person, willing its magic to transfuse throughout his blood. The jewel turns a deep crimson for several moments, then dims to its natural silver.
    The will of the Primus prevents you from turning X person into one of the Blooded.

Fix loaded.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ErzsebetIshinAryanneOmeiRiluoInfinElie
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I actually kinda, like, wish you had to choose shapeshifter or vampire, but maybe that's the vampire-hater in me.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AryanneAarbrokAngweTeaniMoirean
  • Clearly you're been reading too much Twilight.

TragerAshmer
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Any twilight is too much twilight.

But lore-wise, a restriction against at least wolf-type does make some sort of sense.
    imageimage
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Bear makes more sense
    Bear makes sense too, in the sense that they were much more traditionally alignment bound to the light than the wolves. But I meant beyond original sides.
    imageimage
  • I thought the split was very Whitewolf.

Meh. My first instinct since Malkav is an Imperian thing. Makes me -assume- someone in IRE likes VtM

I mean, you know, an amount.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @Oleis you rock, and thanks.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    @Reux Most of Aetolia's vampire lore was ripped off that.
    RiluoInfinPiper
  • Ezalor said:

@Reux Most of Aetolia's vampire lore was ripped off that.

Some of it word for word.

Omei
  • What're you guys talking about?

I really wish Aetolia vampires were more like Brian Lumley vampires, and not so much like happy fluff vampires.

Anyone who has read and enjoyed Lumley will know what I mean.
    Yarel
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Aetolia's vampire lore is pretty much a rip-off of Vampire the Masquerade with Peerage from Dune. Abhorash Nehekhara is named after a vampire from Warhammer. Even my name is ripped straight from DotA. We're terribly uncreative apparently.
    StathanTragerAshmer
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    You mean to say... that I too, can play as Ezalor?
    To hell with this, I'm going to go download DotA.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

StathanSetneEmelleAshmerHavenNolaPiper
  • Rashar said:

What're you guys talking about?

I really wish Aetolia vampires were more like Brian Lumley vampires, and not so much like happy fluff vampires.

Anyone who has read and enjoyed Lumley will know what I mean.

The old legacies were torn directly from the Vampire the Masquerade rule set, as well as a lot of the 'this is what vampires are' role play.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    A few skills, lore items, and general appearances remind me of Bram Strokers Dracula. But who also doesn't enjoy Vampire the Masquerade?
  • edited July 2014
    To be fair, it's really hard to do anything with vampires that doesn't draw at least a little from Stoker's work. It is, after all, the single most well known piece of vampire literature, if not the first modern vampire story. As for the VtM...well, I wish it just wasn't so blatantly apparent that it happened. I don't know how much of the old rp has been eliminated in recent years but it's disheartening that such a big part of the game world was lifted so blatantly. Granted, a lot of it was, from what I understand, driven by players so...

Jensen
  • Something is wrong with the map on the web client. I can barely move logged in. An example is I move one square, it takes half a minute to a minute for the map to catch up and its only then I can put in another command. I would love if you where able to toggle the map window in the client to not show so it can hopefully fix this.

Politics
    MarienaIshin
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    @Gwenith I started using the Nexus client at work solely due to this map thing going on.

• You can toggle the map off by rearranging the windows and simply removing the map window. The rearranging is definitely a bit buggy, but as long as the main window stays roughly where it started, all works fine. Alternatively, if you just start with a smaller-width-browser window when you load the page, it will come on as ONLY the main aetolia window. In my experience, that's the most effective way to combat webclient-lag

• I rage that I have to go to my sister's stupid ass fucking wedding in 3 hours.... I don't even like the bitch! -.- God I hate family sometimes.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

IshinStathan
  • Should be glad they didn't follow EVERY rule in VtM for the vampires else no vampire could ever be out in daylight.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Using my freaking 2-RL-week cooldown snowswell item...only to have someone else come in 5 minutes later and compete for the mobs. -_-
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Moirean said:

Using my freaking 2-RL-week cooldown snowswell item...only to have someone else come in 5 minutes later and compete for the mobs. -_-

At least you didn't let someone borrow it, only to find out that uses the 12 day use for you too. :(

• Whats the snowswell item?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Snowglobe that takes you to a little snowy place that has wights that you punch for 1 damage, collect the essence, and trade the essence for things (pipes, minipets, etc).
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Aryanne said:

You can toggle the map off by rearranging the windows and simply removing the map window. The rearranging is definitely a bit buggy, but as long as the main window stays roughly where it started, all works fine. Alternatively, if you just start with a smaller-width-browser window when you load the page, it will come on as ONLY the main aetolia window. In my experience, that's the most effective way to combat webclient-lag

That used to work, Ary. But with the new changes, for some reason at work I can't remove the mapping window (which was my fix for the major lag prior). I honestly like Nexus best, it reminds me of when I started playing!

Wights are a pain in the ass. I think I've only bothered going to Snowswell like...twice. And I have something like 17 snowglobes. >.>

Didn't realize that it wasn't its own instanced-type area.
    imageimage
    IshinAryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Or you could just write a script a read forums for the hour you're there... It's not hard, it's just sadface if someone else is there at the same time as you.
  • I... was under the impression that the snowglobe was instanced!

I hate hate hate that kinda bashing and have nfc how to make a script to bash it with less effort, so I've only done it two or three times. Clearly, I need to find someone to pawn a script from.

Erzsebet
This discussion has been closed.