Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• I made a Paladin in Enorian, was given some food and a little intro to the guild, and then was asked, in tells, "Excuse me, why don't you have a description yet?" I said I'd make one as soon as I could and got a "Do it now." tell back.

This was roughly five minutes after I finished the intro. REALLY, PEOPLE? REALLY?
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    I walked from room to room trying to pick up the monolith sigils. I didn't know what they did, but if they were everywhere they must be important, and eventually one HAD to stop zapping my fingers when I tried.
    MephistolesRiluoAarbrokSetneAryanneOmeiErzsebetEmelleCalihye
  • I rage about people being shield whores. Die with pride. Not live like an idiotic noob.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

TozAlexinaSheirosia
  • ... That's really stupid.
    Setne
  • Zsadist said:

I rage about people being shield whores. Die with pride. Not live like an idiotic noob.

Bring the same amount of numbers, or BUY A HAMMER TATTOO :D

Is it nice to say I just had the song "YOU CANT TOUCH THIS" run through my head?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Zsadist said:

I rage about people being shield whores. Die with pride. Not live like an idiotic noob.

If you lose 7 against 4, find something other than shield to blame, bro.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I wish there was a way to reroll credit/money/time investments in a character. It feels like sometimes, for me at least, I stay with characters that I don't even really like anymore just because of the effort and cash sunk into them.
    LimIshinRivasErzsebetSolariaPiperTeaniCalihye
  • Moirean said:

I wish there was a way to reroll credit/money/time investments in a character. It feels like sometimes, for me at least, I stay with characters that I don't even really like anymore just because of the effort and cash sunk into them.

Yeah, I agree with this big time. I want to re-roll my alt into something more interesting.
  • What if you could tradein all of your artifacts for the same tradein rate, and transfer those credits to a new character. Including houses, or just a lateral transfer.

Worth it?
    LimElie
  • I just wish I could cash in my cr from Achaea at a 1:3 ratio - 1 cr for every 3 cr the item cost. :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Gwenith
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2014
    I hate shield whoring in general, not directed at anyone just a general rage for the sake of hating people who ask for a fight then sit behind a shield or run nonstop. Honestly why challenge me then sit there shielding -_-

/ok rage over

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• I asked you for a fight. :(
    Riluo
  • LimLim
    edited July 2014
    @Rashar‌ :

Yeah, I'd take that up. Some kind of suicide/perma-death option that lets you reincarnate as a fresh character.

Actually, it might even be viable from an IRE money making standpoint: Likelihood of me re-rolling a fresh alt and buying credits up from 0 is close to none - the inertia is too great to start from scratch. And since my characters already have all the lessons/artis that I need, I won't be buying more credits on them. However, if we could start from 2/3 the credit value and create a new character, I'd definitely be more likely to do that, and buy another 1/3 to bring it up to par. And again and again, if I get bored of each character.
    EmelleAryannePeriluna
  • Like remort I think it's called? I think the main issue to be concerned about here is that someone does this, makes the alt and plays for a few weeks.. then decides they want to go back to their main and cries because they ditched all their artifacts/lessons/credits into this new character that didn't work out and now both characters are unfun to play.

Politics
  • Eh, I don't think they'll ever let you delete a char like that would they? There's a reason they can't be deleted, I assume.

I would imagine a one-way transfer of credits wouldn't be impossible, although after however many years of IRE being around, if they haven't allowed it yet I don't see them starting.
  • LimLim
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I know we're just fantasising here. I'm not the game-maker so it's entirely their prerogative which is better for business.

If what @Gwenith‌ says happens, then just tell them it's too bad, and that they made their choice. Remort, remort agree. Same with converting credits or trading in artifacts - do something, agree to it, and it's stuck.

Just saying, if the rational for disallowing it is: "oh, if they're forced to create a new character from scratch, that means they will buy more credits", I'm saying that that might not hold true.
  • FFFFffff....... Drained a globe, killed a couple of elementals. Dropped connection. Regained connection and drained again. Dropped connection straight away. My 50cr half gone......
    T-T

Politics
    Moirean
  • Riluo said:

I hate shield whoring in general, not directed at anyone just a general rage for the sake of hating people who ask for a fight then sit behind a shield or run nonstop. Honestly why challenge me then sit there shielding -_-

/ok rage over

1v1 its lame as .. beep .. but in group.. What is someone suppose to do? Oh yeah 5 people KILL ME I'll just sit here and watch? No thanks :P learn to break shield!
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    My rage is that a lot of people don't seem to know how to break shield or rebounding, so I usually get stuck doing it. A hammer tattoo or a single raze is far inferior to the razeslashes my teammates have. :(
    IshinAshmer
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2014
    Yeah in groups it is expected, but one on one is just meh. Although I kind of hate Bloodborn currently for the lack of real ways to get over turtling. I mean we can use hammer in one on one, but it just ends up with this:

They shield, I touch hammer, they shield, I touch hammer, they shield...

Or worst still sunder which trust me you do not want me to get started on. But needless to say in I got 2820 shield breaks out of 10,000 sunders = 28.2% success rate. Imagine missing that many times :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Shielding is one reason I don't really accept sect spars. Indorani's strongest shield break is pre-loading stars, which is completely disabled in the sect arena because every room is indoors.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Bloodlust fixes the shielding issue in the arena if all they do is spam it, so you know.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Moirean said:

Shielding is one reason I don't really accept sect spars. Indorani's strongest shield break is pre-loading stars, which is completely disabled in the sect arena because every room is indoors.

Bloodlust auto-strips shield upon application. I believe that sets in after the 10 or 15 minute mark of being in the Sect Arena.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    I guess that's reason number two. I don't like how PK takes a day and a half.

I'm avoiding 1v1 for other reasons, as well, but the sect arena being entirely indoors has always bugged me.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    PK only takes a day and a half if someone spams hangedman, turtles, et cetera. Full on combat isn't that long unless one person is constantly running out of the room and resetting the fight everytime they get close to losing.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

StathanAshmer
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    General rage at group combat. Take skill, artifacts, class and all that out of it and you play a numbers game. I've got no issues with losing, but being hilariously steamrolled does bother me slightly when a general gripe is that one side or the other won't fight lessers during x time for y reason.

If we got 6, bring 6, see how it goes.

If we got 6 and you bring 9, then throw in any one who shows up and starts sniping/flinging tarot cards and expect us to come back, you're crazy.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a severely upsetting rage, mildly annoyed and needed to vent. I understand the logic behind it all, just blah.
    Zsadist
  • Not being able to unbound bound credits. Watching @Rashar on market selling credits, buying chests, selling contents, and then selling more credits. When I can't scrape together enough funds for a chest to save my life.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Stathan
  • To be accurate.. I'm not making all of those credits from chests. My unbound pile is slowly traveling through the hourglass and becoming my bound pile as I buy chests, and I think that's sort of how they want it.

But I had a uh.. pretty good supply of credits to start with. So don't feel so bad.
  • Eh, just jealous, and frustrated that I just had to earmark all the OT this next week I wanted to buy credits with for fixing my car instead. It needs over $800 of work now if I want the inspection sticker. Which is 4 mos late.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Not really a rage, more of a mild frustration and maybe an idea.

Stop coming to lessers, running around the area, and then calling no aura when people move out to actually find 1on1 fights. You know damn well what you're there for. You are either going to wait for an opportune time to jump in, or you're going to snipe from the fringes. If you don't want attacked, stay the hell away.

Alternatively, extend the rooms surrounding the area that give aura. Stage somewhere else, so there's no confusion.
    StathanDaskalosIshin
This discussion has been closed.