Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited April 2014
    >pwn Toz
    Straightening her posture, Areka crosses her arms and says, "Yo momma so ugly even the tide won't take her out." A mass of denizens emerge from the woodwork with a resounding 'Ooooh, she tol' you!' and you feel your insides try to crawl back inside themselves with shame.

Toz has crumpled beneath the might of Areka's mad slams. 
    ArbreTozSetneCiarelleAngwePerilunaLin
  • Toz said:
    Auto offense requires coding too, and you're going to be at a sizable disadvantage if you don't have an offense as well. Though I'm not sure if I advocate auto-attacking being built into the game or not.
    Before, autocuring + manual offense was fine.
    Now, both needs to be auto, which more than doubles the amount of coding needed.
    This is a large part of the reason why I'm just not interested in writing my own curer anymore.

People should manage their own offense - I doubt anyone disagrees with that.
  • If this is gonna keep going, maybe start a new thread?

More RAGE plz.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Offenses are a lot, a LOT easier to code for than the immense intricacies that have to go into proper curing systems.

Not to mention, you bring up a good point in that having to code offenses still allows coders a chance to shine as well as sell offensive scripts too, so coders still have their niche, it's just not a huge one like when it comes to systems.
    AshmerMinaraelLin
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Lag that began the instant  the Great Hunt began... also... please tell me those elemental orbs aren't counting towards huntscore? If score... that's... meh

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

DourifSessizlik
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited April 2014
    Yeah it is a bit silly that something bought with credits and RL money can have such an impact on competition between players.
    This ranks up there with people killing the unkillable zombies on loop in Chapel Gardens.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Trager
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    You can't just straight buy the globes, right? Don't see why it shouldn't count, if you have to rely on getting them in chests and such.
    imageimage
    edited April 2014
    they, effectively, gave them a 2000 point lead. (and still climbing). I mean, if I went and bought 2000 cr right now, sold them for gold, bought chests, and won based off of it people would feel pretty cheated, right?

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Oh. Well. I can see how that'd be rage inducing, then. >.>
    imageimage
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Seir said:
    Offenses are a lot, a LOT easier to code for than the immense intricacies that have to go into proper curing systems.

Having coded several, I can say that this is inaccurate. There -can be- a lot of intricate code that goes into both sides, but by far my more complex code is my offensive scripting. I'm not arguing that the opposite true, I'm simply saying that this is inaccurate.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

IshinLin
    edited April 2014
    Daskalos said:
    they, effectively, gave them a 2000 point lead. (and still climbing). I mean, if I went and bought 2000 cr right now, sold them for gold, bought chests, and won based off of it people would feel pretty cheated, right?

(Market): Daskalos says, "Credits for sale."

HMMMMMM.

(teasing aside, I think globes are kinda stupid OP for this event)
  • I wasn't planning to participate in the hunt, but I have a globe and wanted to take advantage of double exp, as I'm going to be at work 12 hrs easter sunday. :(
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Yeaaaah, I'm going to say that making elementals from globes worth 5 was a poorly thought out idea. It kinda kills the fun of the hunt entirely and there's no way you can compete with it. Dropping them down to 3 or 4 points would be more fair, since they still yield bamf xp and decent gold.
  • Lulz. Reminded again why I don't usually log in during Great Hunts. Game Over. Please insert more coins for an easy win.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Rivas
  • ^What Toz said

Even without globes, a great hunt historically just means lag+nowhere to bash+no one to pvp or rp with.

That sounds more discontent than I actually am. It's not a complaint/rage - just an observation. Plenty of people seem to enjoy them and it's not like they're common.
  • edited April 2014
    @Moirean and @Daskalos: Its kind of funny seeing you complain about globes when i'm PRETTY sure you both have used them yourselves. I mean, how else do you pull ahead by 8k points in about 5 hours of the start of the hunt? Or is it more to the point, you don't want anyone else using them?

If it can be bought in chests, it should be a viable way to get points. You spend money on them just like you do everything else. Why not let them be usable?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Areka
  • Oh wow.

I know for a fact that Dask does it by hunting Xaanhal, Tiyen, and the Volcano. And everyone knows Moi is a hunting machine. They are two of the most fair people when it comes to events, so accusing them kinda ticks me (and others I'm sure) off. Do us all a favor and keep personal vendettas to yourself, as they are personal. Thanks.
    SessizlikCalipsoLinTeaniHadoryuAarbrokAngwe
  • edited April 2014
    I have nothing against either of them actually. I like Moirean, and though Daskalos gets under my skin sometimes, he's probably not all that bad. So I have no personal vendetta against either of them. I'm just saying that they have both likely used globes. So why say they are OP if one has used them themselves?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Uhh. I think, if anything, the people who used globes are MORE qualified to say they're OP. If even the people benefiting from them are going 'yeah this is too much', then it's probably too much.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Calipso
  • Moi is a hunting machine with a very good speed bashing class... so not debating that. 

I saw an enormous pile of chests at Qeddwyn with Daskalos' mark on them though...  

Personally I don't care about the globes, sure you can buy them, but you gamble to get them and it's an expensive gamble. If you're going to ban globes well there are chocolates and pills that make you hunt twice as fast hunters knives which are great if you have a bunch of friends willing to plant theirs for you when you've got a spot alone oh and compendium deathsense for all of the areas and torches.... hell, if you're banning it because it gives you an advantage you can extend that same argument to artifacts. It's just hunting. 
    Zsadist
  • Orbs are fundamentally different. 5 points for every elemental, buy a stack and sit in your haven - over half the leaderboard is there because of orbs.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• The only area of the hunt I want to see more scrutiny on is AFK bashing. Yes automation is allowed, I am aware of that before someone chimes in but it can smell pretty fishy like someone is not actually there a lot of the time. 
  • Maybe 'personal vendetta' wasn't the right phrase there, but accusing them of being unfair (i.e using a mechanic and complaining about others using it just so they could use it) is out right distasteful. As I already pointed out, these two players are well known for helping others and making the game more enjoyable for other players. Case in point, Daskalos didn't keep any of the credits he won in the last Great Hunt. Since he past Plato in the rankings, he gave Plato the difference in credits for the rank and split the rest between my alt and his protege. Moirean buys chalices and other items for people in her orgs to compete in the event.

In short, don't go accusing them of being unfair.
  • Toz said:
    Orbs are fundamentally different. 5 points for every elemental, buy a stack and sit in your haven - over half the leaderboard is there because of orbs.
    They're an expense. They're not easy to obtain, certainly not in huge quantities and doing so will cost a lot of credits, such as the artifacts that help you clear areas three or four times as quick as others to make sure while they're standing in a room you take everything else that's in the zone. You might be moving around in the world more but you're still paying for an advantage which is essentially what the argument boils down to. 
    He's right about us using them and I'll openly admit that I used four globes. I'm muted and can't use market to sell the ones I had, and once it became clear that others were using them, I activated the ones I had - that's how I know just how absurdly OP they are. When I was running globes, I was bashing at least twice as fast as the other globe users (I'm currently setup to do 2700 damage per 2.5 seconds with around 60% crit), but once I stopped, they outpaced me easily. Being able to sit in a room without having to hunt down anything and constantly summon one-shottable 5 point mobs is absurdly quicker compared to actually hunting down the mobs.

I'm not criticizing people for using them. I'm saying it trivializes the hunt and absolutely negates other stuff. I had strategized and prepared, saving up a torch here and there, slowly building up hunting artifacts and I spent this week refining my bashing settings and practicing areas to ensure I'd be quicker - it's frustrating that things like chocolates and globes are far, far more of a factor than anything you can spend time on. Will I use those other things? Yes, as they aren't disallowed and, frankly, they seem designed intentionally by IRE to be a lucrative potential win button precisely to motivate credit sales. Frustrating, hence my rage, but understandable and a smart business decision, if a bit on the side of milking the customers.

That being said, I'm not really out to win. I have the honors line and I'm happy to let Coribhell take the victory. I just want credits and xp (nearly to level 140!)  and gold and am focusing more on that. I'm up like 400 credits already so I'm quite happy, I just think it's kinda made the hunting part a bit :/
  • If my post sounded like an attack to either of you, @Moirean and @Daskalos, then I apologize. Yes I have used globes to in the previous hunt and I know how epic they can be. However, I don't think they should be 'banned' from the Hunt because of how fast you can bash them or how many points they can give. Its an item easily bought from chests or other players. Globes are pretty much a consumable artifact, why WOULD they be banned from a hunt?

• Zsadist said:
    Or is it more to the point, you don't want anyone else using them?

To clarify, this is more what I was talking about when I said what I said. Wasn't saying that either of them -weren't- using them, but more that they weren't being unfair (wanting to use the orbs but complaining that everyone else is using them).
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Perhaps they shouldn't be banned, but if the elementals are that easily killed, perhaps the Points should be lowered.
    Calipso
    I'm not saying they should be banned. The issue is that they give 5 points. The only other mobs that give 5 points are Xorani, Tiyen and volcano mobs, all of which are subject to being bashed out, are reliant on spawn timers and you have to actually move around and compete with others to get. Not only do you not have to worry about there not being mobs, you have no time lost for traveling between kills, so there is absolutely no way a basher of the same pace can keep up with someone running globes. The only downside with globes is that you can only summon one mob at a time - and that's only a downside to multistrike classes. Someone like a Luminary or Teradrim will bash even better from globes.
This discussion has been closed.