Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I wish more people would follow your example, re: grammar. I've had to correct so many poor crafters who've tacked on completely incorrect suggestions from past rejecters.
    Areka
  • I tend to not approve if I have questions about something cause I suck at grammar.
    imageimage
  • Elwyn said:
    I am glad to know others out there feel like I am. I'm probably going to play an alt I created recently and see if that will work but I feel bad abandoning ppl I do have rp with on Elwyn. I hope they will understand that I just need a break from her.
    @Elwyn it really all depends on why you dont feel like playing. If it is because the game simply doesnt interest you and you generally are bored with it, then an alt will probably not work, however if it is because you are tired of perhaps your position or politics, then an alt would work in that case. In the end, depends if you are having fun with the game, because if you arent, another character wont change what the game is.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I shy away from approval/rejection unless someone asks me for an event.  My grammar is so horrible that I wouldn't recommend me doing it regularly 
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    My grump is when people get super impatient/nasty about things not moving quick enough for THEIR designs, but then can't spend the time to help other people out (be it taking 10 min to go through others' work, or taking some time to learn about approval/ask questions so that they can at least learn a bit more about the process). Note: People that will do their friends' designs but not the rest, so it's not that they haven't paid the fee or are uncomfortable. 
    Jensen
  • I keep thinking about picking up one trade skill or another... then I read this thread and decide it's probably not worth the credits or the headache.
    Katszia said:
    I keep thinking about picking up one trade skill or another... then I read this thread and decide it's probably not worth the credits or the headache.
    It's really not that bad, just a headache sometimes when you're really excited about something and other crafters aren't approving designs or nitpicking what you wrote.  Don't let that stop you
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    This is like the 4th time in 2 weeks someone has said "it's not that bad".
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

who doesn't get frustrated when things they really enjoy hit a snag?  Hence not that bad.  When compared to the complaints of aetolia pk, crafting is doing a stellar job.
    Areka
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    If I used this thread to judge what I should or shouldn't do, I wouldn't be playing Aetolia.
    AryanneCalipsoSlypheIshinRiluoCarivahXavinPeriluna
  • Yeah well join the club. I was more saying there seems to be a revisited amount of rage at crafting and the way it's handled here - particularly compared to how it's done in other games. It just has me a bit wary and unconvinced, which I don't think is unfair.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I find crafting here far better than in Lusternia or Imperian.
    Moirean
  • Just remember, this is a -rage- thread. We don't come here with our snuggly bunnies. :P

That being said, I will never regret having picked up -any- of my crafting skills. I just bought jewelcrafting. Boohoo aside, it's a trip making whatever the heck you want instead of surfing the shops for something or hiring someone. (Even though I have a strange fondness for shop surfing. Wait, what, I'm a girl. Get over it.)
    LinSlyphe
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Roux said:
    We don't come here with our snuggly bunnies. :P
    Speak for yourself.
    Roux said:
    I'm a girl.
    News to me.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    ElwynKatsziaCalipso
  • Undue sarcasm noted @Roux

One way or another I'll probably wind up picking up a trade at some point anyway, and hope it's not as bad as it's been portrayed.

And I thought it was fine in Imperian. I definitely didn't like the weird way they did limits on Lusternia though. Guess nothing's perfect.
  • edited March 2014
    Katszia said:
    I keep thinking about picking up one trade skill or another... then I read this thread and decide it's probably not worth the credits or the headache.
    I gave in ever 1 design, aint trying that again. Also I remember once wanting to have furniture made of elemental ice and got told "Ice cant be made into furnishings and domesticity". One word: Igloo

Arbre said:
    If I used this thread to judge what I should or shouldn't do, I wouldn't be playing Aetolia.

Well it's a damn shame it's on Aetolia's public forum -and- strangely enough it's most active thread. <--- Needs looking into?
  • That wasn't sarcasm deary~
    Calipso said:
    I gave in ever 1 design, aint trying that again. Also I remember once wanting to have furniture made of elemental ice and got told "Ice cant be made into furnishings and domesticity". One word: Igloo
    1. Being unable to use elemental ice is due to our restriction on magical, highly impractical, or otherwise non-mundane materials being used in crafting. This is to prevent lightsabers, solid gold g-strings, special crowns with levitating magical gems, etc. from becoming commonplace. Those items (well, uhh, maybe one of them) have their place, and that place is earned with credit expenditure or given from the Divine.
    2. Igloos are made of regular ice, not elemental ice. Even if you used regular ice, what if you drop your igloo in the Itzatl?
    TeaniSlypheIshinAreka
  • Answer: it'd melt.

I tend to only work on the queue if I have something submitted, or if I remember to. But I never submit something without immediately going through the queue. /etiquette

I rage at being, like, four rooms away from someone who is posed and probably up for RP...but not being able to think up a reason to stroll in and start a scene.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

IshinBraeAryanneErzsebet
    As someone who is often that posed person: just walk in! Chances are they'll shoot an immediate "this is what I'm doing" emote at you and give you something to work with.
    KatsziaAryanneTeani
  • If they're posed, they're not shielded. HAMMER THROW <target> works.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

LinCalipsoAryanneMoireanDraimanFerrik
  • I've found this crafting system to be a great deal more frustrating than it is in Imperian. 

Some things I like better, there's more flexibility with components and the talents are nifty. But the approval process is a pain and I really, deeply dislike how it is handled here. I found it to be faster in Imperian with less silly rejections. There's more investment to become an approver and there is incentive to approve. You have to be brought on by the celani in charge of crafting or have 100 or more approved designs and every 4 approvals/rejections gets you a credit. Here, I have to pay for the privilege to approve without any incentive other than clearing the queue and there's absolutely no barrier other than a credit purchase to be an approver. Meaning there's no proof of competency or understanding of crafting rules. 

I don't miss having to use conditional modifiers in freaking everything, though. "When worn, blahblahblah" gets tedious and repetitive real fast. 

imageimage
    KatsziaCalipso
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I tend not to approve much if something has 0 or 1 approvals, unless someone asks, since it feels pretty pointless for my one-weight vote being put on there - odds are, 2-weight approvals are going to come by and finish it off anyways, so my vote isn't needed at all most of the time, so I tend to just leave the queue alone unless there's a request on crafters, there are a bunch of things with 2 votes already, or I submit something.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I am having roleplay anxiety. I feel like if I barge into somewhere, I won't be welcome and asking for attention (IE: Hey, want to come hang out/do something/go on an adventure!) feels like I'm intruding or being needful. So I stand at the path in my woods, but then I feel kind of disjointed and lonely. 

When I do get up the nerve to go crash where someone is standing or say, 'hey, what's up?' and they come over, I feel awkward and terrible because it's pity rp. 

Then the Shaman RP arc happens and I offer all the information to the guild in hopes of sparking debate (it does with Phendegwen! Yay Phenny) but I am not sure how to push it forward or become a catalyst for it.

I also feel kind of put out sometimes with the RP arc happening with the Shamans because we are supposed to be the protectors of Dendara, but we're not doing a good job at all, since we have an ancient god-beast hybrid  thing in a hollow we can't destroy or fortify, who happens to be corrupting villages (Evlasu) to kill their young. Killing aberrations pretty much does nothing and the Kindred arc plain confuses me. I feel so frustrated because I don't know how to go forward with it. When I try, I'm essentially patted on the head and either told: 1. You're wrong, hush up. 2. Just wait, the Rhythm will right everything. or 3. (Kindred answer) We do not trust the Praadi an-Kiar there for we tell you nothing.

I've tried to get everyone involved with it but I don't know what else to do.

• Can't help you with the Kindred thing...

As for RP, just barge in. If they are somewhere public, they either want it or they're silly for not expecting it. Very few times have I been somewhere and not been down to RP with someone who walks in.

Pity RP is what I feel like I'm doing when someone asks me over and over again or bitches about being ignored, until when you -do- go RP with them it feels strained, unnatural, and kind of not fun. Even though it isn't pity RP, it feels like it at that point.

Trust me, it doesn't happen from a 'What's up' and it certainly doesn't happen from being barged in on. SOOO, come on dooown.
    IshinJaslineLin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Rashar said:
     Pity RP is what I feel like I'm doing when someone asks me over and over again or bitches about being ignored, until when you -do- go RP with them it feels strained, unnatural, and kind of not fun.
    Haha that's like... every time I go send someone a tell it feels like that. Yep. No wonder Serrice/I have issues.

• Ha. @serrice‌, far from it. I was more talking about chronic stuff over the course of days or weeks.

Can't speak for everybody, but I appreciate all of our interactions, even if it's just a 5 minute exchange of tells. More please. :)
    AryanneKatszia
  • Mariena said:
    I've tried to get everyone involved with it but I don't know what else to do.
    I hope you're not overly discouraged, Mariena! My goal is to present these figures as characters within the world, not so much as being puppets to advance a plotline. Each character certainly has their own personal views and thoughts on the matter, especially amongst the Kindred which is just a cult of personality in a lot of respects. They're just players in the story as much as you are and won't always have all the answers you might be looking for. Heck, they might even be terribly wrong. Haern being out of commission certainly is a problem! (and of course, they themselves have their own goals and aims in the grand scheme of things, including keeping up appearances, hiding some of their shameful past, etc, etc)  Alas, my hours at work largely remove me from the game for extended periods of time and I am sorry if it seems interspersed out over such long periods. It's certainly not my intent!
    LinXavinAreka
    That's something pretty important to keep in mind. I think that we, as players, fall into the trap of assuming that every NPC in the game is always knowledgeable and correct about what's going on. There's a lot of room for ambiguity in roleplay and there's certainly no script to follow.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Except Fred. Fred knows all.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    MoireanJensenDraimanMaghakLinPiperSlyphe
This discussion has been closed.