League of Legends: A Game of Tears

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Llok said:

Anybody else doing the Gold rush?

Finally reached silver 1 after being matched against gold 3s/2s/plat1s with my silver 4 duoq buddy and now I'm getting 10 lp :'(

I tried. XD Forever Bronze brah.

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I'll be playing on and off under the name Heebsy. Feel free to add me, just shoot me a message when you do so I can tie a summoner name to an Aet name.

This weekend I'll be primarily normal/ranked.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • I just started playing a few weeks ago. I hate/love this game. I'm currently being coached when I play, and my coach is a dick. It's like highschool football all over again. But because of him, I'm doing decent when I solo que and don't get a pre-made of smurfs.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

OleisXeniaCiarelle
  • Drai, what's your summoner lvl? Also, I like playing with your coach too XD

• I'm a big bad lvl 14 right now.

• I just started yesterday. So far not to bad, been back and forth between Ashe and Varen. Did have my first want to yell at someone today, when they were doing nothing but following me regardless of what lane I went to.

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited November 2013
    We lost a pretty winnable game because SOMEBODY @Xenia didn't have enough beer.

-_-

Xenia
  • ......LIES

• I'm still quite terrible, unless I'm Morgana or Diana or Lux. Then I'm just bad, not terrible. Add me pls - Dr Draiman

Also, do not let me ADC. Ever.

Haven
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I haven't been playing as often as I used to, so I'll probably float at Silver III forever.

My favorite role, jungle, has become useless, so Jinx and Taric (pure Armor build) have been my favorites. I love that the new meta allows supports to be huge badasses.
    Demarcus
  • I played Taric a lot before the support changes. Now I have games where I wreck so much face with him, it's indecent.

(Also, I got the pink skin from a mystic chest a few days ago. Wuwu.)
    DemarcusHaven
  • Jungle is far from useless lol
    HavenDraiman
    I don't know man. I don't play at a pro level, but I've seen way more benefit from just doing a duo top/bot and having everyone run Targon's Shield. You get money like cray-cray.
  • Personal opinion, but if you duo top with no jungler, and the other team has a jungler, then while your top might win, the jungler can still pressure mid and bot while those 2 lanes don't need to worry about jungle pressure. Just call out MIA's and drop a few wards and mid lane should have no problem if top lane decides to try and roam down to put pressure on their lane.

That is a concern, of course. What we've been doing as of late is I'd play my homie (Armor-stacking Taric) and basically act as a support who roams nearly the entire game, taking out a lane tax here and there. It's really weird but it kinda works. I dunno, I've really enjoyed rebelling against the meta as of late.
  • Taric is OP right now, so he can do whatever he wants. :D

• Jungle can run targon's too ;) Just tax when it's up.
  • But that's a pretty big waste of gold, Hado and would be kind of pointless.

This jungle just means you have to be efficient with your ganks, jungling route and lane tax. There will be times when you just seem to be forever on the wrong page and times where you will be hitting the sweet spot like no tomorrow.

Try Shybanana, botrk+wits end+sunfire cape+last whisper+last defensive item

Tis fun
  • That's how the jungle goes. Some games you'll just fail to get a kill on your first gank and it's all downhill from there. Some games you pull off successfull ganks over and over in every lane.

Have to admit I'm pretty disappointed in the jungle gold items.
    LinDemarcus
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    It feels good to play some LoL after 9 months away, especially right now. 3 or 4 wins straight, just wrecking house left and right.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Tis why I've been tending towards Shy because I can straight rush BotRK and sell my hunters machete
  • My friend 'ganks' as Shyv by screaming into his mic and ghosting straight down the lane. They see it coming from a mile away and yet, somehow, it still works.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

HadoryuLin
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    IMHO can't beat good 'ole Nautilus. I love throwing anchors at people. It's just so satisfying when you see where Teemo goes invisible, then you anchor him from the bush and he implodes. <3
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited December 2013

Lin said:
    I don't know man. I don't play at a pro level, but I've seen way more benefit from just doing a duo top/bot and having everyone run Targon's Shield. You get money like cray-cray.

Jungle gets ahead in levels because he has more creeps that he has access to, as well as not having to worry about counter ganks.
     - More overall gold for the team, because Targon's has limited effectiveness.
     - If they have a top lane like Jayce or Vlad or Shen then your duo plan is crap because those two can still farm more than effectively to keep up.
       The three mentioned are all still played frequently (Even Renekton and Nasus can do this, who're played more frequently) - and they're all going
       to be even more useful with level advantages.
    Top gets ahead in levels because your top lane has to share exp.

- These two coupled together allows for their jungler to easily gank with sheer level advantages and snowball the lane even easier.
    Bot lane + their jungler has free access to dragon because you don't have a jungler to control it.
     - Yet more global gold for their team.
    Their jungler has free reign over your own jungle.

- Give your buffs to his laners to help them win better.
     - More gold for wards in your own jungle, in case your team decides to try and roam.
     - Doesn't have to worry about counter ganks from your jungler, if Mid wants to roam.

TL;DR The 'pros' of having a duo top do not outweigh the huge cons. Please don't do it, unless you're a five-man premade team.

Edit: New jungle items provide more gold to a jungler than Targon's does.

• Straight out rush BotRK provides more gold than gold items lol.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited December 2013
    Llok said:
    Straight out rush BotRK provides more gold than gold items lol.
    BOTRK first item best item on Malphite.

Sarcasm aside, BOTRK is good on like 3-4 junglers. And if you build it first on any of them (unless you're like 6-0 at 7minutes) then you're gonna get steamrolled. An exception is possibly Shyvana, if you atleast get armour boots before fully completing the BOTRK.

Edit: Or if you're in bronze, but in that case you can win with anything, even AP Olaf mid, or AD Janna.
  • AD Fizz is my new baby.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I hate Fizz. And Ziggs.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • All Yordles should die.

SetneOmeiLin
  • Elyni said:
    Llok said:
    Straight out rush BotRK provides more gold than gold items lol.
    BOTRK first item best item on Malphite.

Sarcasm aside, BOTRK is good on like 3-4 junglers. And if you build it first on any of them (unless you're like 6-0 at 7minutes) then you're gonna get steamrolled. An exception is possibly Shyvana, if you atleast get armour boots before fully completing the BOTRK.

Edit: Or if you're in bronze, but in that case you can win with anything, even AP Olaf mid, or AD Janna.
    How will you get steamrolled?

And yes I build it on Shy :)