Today I Learned

ZailaZaila Pacific TimeMember Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
I looked back and tried to find an existing TIL thread, but could only find an OOC one!
I've been playing Aetolia for a decent number of years at this point, but I feel like I still wind up with random little things that I somehow just never knew were out there ALL. THE. TIME. This seemed like a fun place for us to share the things that make us laugh, delighted, alarmned, "OMG, HOW DIDN'T I KNOW?!", or whatever else

So, @seir - thank you for my first!

Usage: CALENDAR NOTE ADD [month] [year]
CALENDAR NOTE LIST
CALENDAR NOTE DESC
CALENDAR NOTE REPEAT
CALENDAR NOTE REMIND <0-5> WEEKS
CALENDAR NOTE REMOVE

I had no idea this was a thing! You can set yourself reminders of upcoming events and birthdays and the game will msg you about it when they're approaching!
PazradymSeirRoxiVyxsisMarienaLinNolaFyrrenNiavexRhine

Comments

• SibattiSibatti Amidst vibrant flora and treesMember Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭
    omg @Mariena that's going to be so useful, I never knew that either. I always mess myself up using overlapping commodities.
    MarienaJaslineNiavexSeir
  • LinLin SMASHER/DEVOURER MASCHINEKLASTMember Posts: 1,573 mod
    I still see so many of you manually unlocking and opening your doors. Try the autodoors config! Makes shopkeeping a snap.

Usage: CONFIG AUTODOORS <ON/OFF> When this option is turned on, you will automatically attempt to open closed doors as you pass through them. If the door is locked and you have a key, you will unlock it and close/lock it behind you.
    ZailaLeharNolaFyrren
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE Member, Guildmaster Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disclaimer: It also makes you a prime target for archivists to blow up.
    imageimage
    Lin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee Member Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess one thing a lot of people don't realize is like PATH FIND BANK PATH FIND BOUNTIES and crap usually works in cities.

LinFyrren
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the EarthMember, Guildmaster Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PATH FIND PYLON, on the other hand, takes you to your own city's pylon from just about anywhere.
    ZailaFyrren
  • ZailaZaila Pacific TimeMember Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    You can craft PIPE ORGANS!!

How have I never seen one in game before?! WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE HAVE ONE, THAT IS SO COOL!!! A thousand times cooler than a piano!
  • JearnysJearnys Member Posts: 13
    Today I learned that even at level 80, fully buffed, I can still die to level 40 denizens. ;)

Also, Blackjack! I love blackjack, and just realized I can play in game! This changes EVeRYTHING!
    ZailaNiavex
  • NolaNola Member Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I learned that room atmosphere messages are not necessarily room-wide and shared.

Zaila saw the catepillar, but .. I DID NOT.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Member, Guildmaster Posts: 2,065 mod
    That's something I've always hated - it makes atmos msgs pointless because you can't react to them.
    Zaila
  • ZailaZaila Pacific TimeMember Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭
    That caterpillar didn't want to be seen. He just wanted to VAMOOSE from that dogpile of crazy!
    ( I <3 U )
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 1,393 admin
    Nola said:
    Today I learned that room atmosphere messages are not necessarily room-wide and shared. Zaila saw the catepillar, but .. I DID NOT.
    The idea here is that it lets us give very specific parameters for those messages, like order membership, race, what have you. But I definitely see your point on these more general messages. 
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Zaila
  • FezzixFezzix Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭✭
    Jearnys said:

Today I learned that even at level 80, fully buffed, I can still die to level 40 denizens. ;)

Also, Blackjack! I love blackjack, and just realized I can play in game! This changes EVeRYTHING!

If your system makes you stand every prompt, you'd better pause it.
  • JaymiJaymi Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    KEYS

It shows you who has keys to a door... it's like, it's amazing.

ZailaNiavex
  • FezzixFezzix Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭✭
    Jaymi said:

KEYS

It shows you who has keys to a door... it's like, it's amazing.

-Fantastic- for stockroom theft. Yup.
    ZailaNiavex
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the EarthMember, Guildmaster Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maaaaybe that should only work for the shopowner.
  • TrikalTrikal Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    It works for every door ever
  • JaymiJaymi Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    It's great for exploring! Now I can hunt down people and ask them to let me into places! Muahahahah!

Trikal
  • TrikalTrikal Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I love it for that.
  • JearnysJearnys Member Posts: 13
    I just learned that warhammer and maul seem to be much easier when Bashing as a Carnifex. I'm also not terribly fond of venoms, so I might stick with blunts. 
  • TedrunaiTedrunai Member, Immortal Posts: 154 Immortal
    Jearnys said:

so I might stick with blunts. 

@Jearnys 4/20 was 3 days ago bruh.
    EmirValainIllidan
  • MelanthaMelantha Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    Today I learned that you can weaponprobe city guards.
    Avatar courtesy of Nola. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    Lin
  • AlkaiserAlkaiser Member Posts: 1
    The stone rapidly separates from Tlachinolli, the instructor's body as she brings the lesson in Terramancy to an end.
    Your skill in Terramancy has risen to Transcendent.
    You have obtained the EARTHENFORM ability!