MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Erzsebet said:

Have access to the coin-wash in the complex. Just gonna use that. Car's still getting fixed.

Waiting for the cleaning service to clean the apartment so I can pay them and walk down to go get quarters. Also buying new tubs with sealable lids and just trashing the suitcases I have. Will washing/drying everything I have on high heat and then sealing them in bins work? Should I store the bins in the car so they're not exposed to the infestation again?

Should do that yeah. I just kept my shit in my car after it was all cleansed, which I feel helped because it was the middle of the summer in Colorado. I remember vaguely parking in sunlight on purpose to really bake that shit.
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    Erzsebet said:
    So we went to talk to the apartment complex about taking care of the bed bugs. And ultimately, the apartment complex's solution is that we need to change apartments. Originally, we thought they meant from this apartment to a different one in the same complex. But no. They mean a different -complex-. So not only do we have to find a way to make sure we don't take not one bedbug with us (because they won't be -treating- the bed bug problem till after we've gone), we have to come up with the money for rent, a deposit, and a pet deposit for two cats by the first--and, actually -find- an apartment as well. -And- actually move. While we both hold down jobs. Also talked to an exterminator this morning who said our one-bedroom apartment would be about 900$ to get rid of the problem, and the earliest available slot is June 6th. And the apartment complex says that their method is not good enough, because it essentially involves nuking the crap out of the apartment with thermal radiation that'll kill all the bugs and all their eggs, but does not involve taking the furniture out of the apartment.
    ((Hopefully the forums save my formatting this time. >:( )) Erz, I'm hella sorry you're going though this, and I'm very sorry you have to move. As far as the Thermal Radiation thing, when I was in the Dorms at my technical college, we would get bedbugs from the kids going to seedy hotels for cheap weekend parties, and they used Thermal Radiation for the rooms that were infested. (granted, it was a government college, so it was like, nuclear grade, they go overboard on EVERYTHING which, in the case of bedbugs, is perfectly OK) Hot water, hot dry, bags and airtight bins are the way to go. I hope it works out better soon. That's a lot of money to be shelling out for something you have no control over.
    Furtum
  • Now, I'm not complaining about my job in general, or even the type of job I have - working retail in a gas station isn't luxury or pays well, but it is something all the same, and I overall like the people I work with.

But that said.. we recently lost an overnight worker. He went on to a better job. We're all happy/envious for him. Our schedule is turned upside down because of this, though, people moved around to fill in the holes.

Guess who is getting the short end of this stick - obviously I'm not hurting for hours, but the method of the scheduling is what is so frustrating to me. I'm on my 4th day in a row, out of 6 consecutive days of standing 7-8+ hours at a register, mostly selling lottery to old people coming from Alabama because it is illegal there and we're right by the interstate and that makes us stupid busy, especially in the summer when people are going to the beach. I don't have time to do much when I get home, because by the time I am home lately, I'm so exhausted I just want to sit down, and sleep. But then I wake up and I do it all over again. What bothers me most is that I shouldn't have to have all my days from week to week shoved together. We have people to allow for breaks - everyone else is getting one in between 3-4 days. We have one worker who, no joke, has sunday-thursday blocked out of her availability, because she 1. Has school Tuesday and Thursday (thats fine, normal), and.. 2. Refuses to work second and third shift, regardless of whether she is here with someone else, be it male or female, because for some reason in her mind people get shot, beaten, raped and all manners of nefarious things at night in a gas station..

I've yet to experience any of this and it is unlikely I will. That said, she could work -saturday-, but 'doesn't like to', so they rarely if ever do schedule her. But if they -did-, I wouldn't have to work 6 days in a row. She only works one shift every single week.. a mid shift on Friday, from 11-6, usually. Then complains they don't give her enough hours. Twitch. Even when she does work.. all she does is mop the fghjnrtoh floor where the DELI mops because that is THEIR job.. and then says tjyojnpyj.. stuff like how she is the 'only one' who ever does it, and she does it best. I do it all the time. Five times faster. And it doesn't take me half a container of floor cleaner to get it done.

Getting through these days would also be a lot better if my coworkers would stop suddenly deciding that they should walk off and leave me as the only cashier at a register for extended periods of time. Even the ones who weren't bad about it are now getting to that point where its like. Okay. I'd like a break now.

I get to look forward to next week being the same ordeal. Its five days, not six - that iss nice of them, but oh wait, I work 9am-7pm on Sunday. I take it back. I want to hurt someone.
    IshinErzsebet
  • Bought a cheapy shelf for my sons dvd's, put it together. And low and behold. Placed one shelf backwayds. Ok, no problem, loosen this screw, loosen that one, slowly start pulling it a part. SNAP, Missed one of the back screws and it just snapped in half. Since I bought it one a clearance sale...no returns...More mad at myself for just not really paying attention when I was almost finished and snapping it.

• I'm so tired of being sick. I'm so tired of my job getting me sick.
  • Look, dude. Dating is so simple.

You just get yourself a good sized stick and creep up at the mall entrance. Find a nice turtleneck and a fake mustache so they'll -never- know who it is. Anyway, you just creep for a while until a nice girl comes along and give her a good whack.

Now sure, it might take a while for her to come around to your way of things, but by the time you get back to your cave I'm sure you'll come up with some good arguments. It'll be love and marriage before you know it, buddy.
    TozIshinSlypheTragerPeriluna
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Ashmer said:

Dating really sucks sometimes.

Couldn't agree with you more. I was sexually harassed by the last guy I went out for coffee with. Because of that, I've sworn off of dating; it's just been bad experience after bad experience.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ashmer said:

Dating really sucks sometimes.

But when it's good...

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    OmeiAshmerErzsebetMinaraelTragerAryanneEmellePerilunaRivas
  • edited May 2014
    Rashar said:

Look, dude. Dating is so simple.

You just get yourself a good sized stick and creep up at the mall entrance. Find a nice turtleneck and a fake mustache so they'll -never- know who it is. Anyway, you just creep for a while until a nice girl comes along and give her a good whack.

All I could think of while reading this:

EDIT:

Actual rages:

1) I swore I was going to have more free time once summer started, but I haven't had more than two days free to actually be hanging out around here, which is a huge bummer. This is partially a love [see thread Soon(tm)] though.

2) Quitting smoking. Ffs. There's a reason they always said not to start smoking cigarettes. It's a slow process, and my little vapo-thingy is making it better (ahmg the flavors) but still a rage nonetheless.

AarbrokErzsebetAshmerFurtumTrager
  • I have now had to reload my browser 12 times to look at one thread. My computer is having a serious memory leak/memory something issue that is making it impossible for me to even run mudlet and -anything- else. Even wordpad. -kicks things-
    imageimage
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Going on nearly three weeks of no gas or hot water and there's nothing I can do about it other than continue to harrass my friend to make progress in fixing his problem that's effecting me.
  • Rashar said:

Look, dude. Dating is so simple.

Now sure, it might take a while for her to come around to your way of things, but by the time you get back to your cave I'm sure you'll come up with some good arguments. It'll be love and marriage before you know it, buddy.

HEY BABY, DOES THIS SMELL LIKE ETHER

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Loving my new job, but after running up and down five flights of stairs for 10 hours a day after starting at 5 AM until what has been 3 PM, I tend to just pass out after work and have no energy left.

Hopefully I adjust soon, Id like to be functional for a short while after work at least.
  • I spent the first several hours of the morning SURE it was Friday.

It's not Friday.
    : (

OmeiIshin
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Aryanne said:

I spent the first several hours of the morning SURE it was Friday.

It's not Friday.
    : (

It's okay, Memorial Day Weekend means that the next time you think it's Monday, it's actually Tuesday.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

IshinErzsebet
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I am very disappointed in Scribblenauts Unmasked. It seemed really interesting from what I saw and the various iterations of Scribblenauts I've seen over the years, but it did not live up to my expectations.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I am sadpanda at the web client, which is running slower than anything at work.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    That moment when you realize that the people around you, in the real world, are all acquaintances at best; that the friends you used to hang with have found other friends and you feel like you're on the outside looking in whenever you're around, like a third/fifth/27th wheel or something. (You don't belong anymore, why are you here again?) When you realize that they have become people you say hi to when you bump into them on the street, ask how they are and don't really expect more than "Doing fine, yourself?", and you'll respond with the same platitudes, even though your life is a living hell and all you want to do is scream "Help me!" but you don't want to ruin their day with your mess. When you're jealous of people for getting phonecalls, for having something to do, for having a life.

That moment when you realize that all those you could possibly call friends now are people you connect with through an online gaming community, most of whom you've never met and most likely never will meet; people who share an interest in something obscure but fun; people who at any given time can turn on a dime and be complete unicorns, because online identity is an excellent mask one can put on without adding any real risk to one's true identity; people you perhaps don't really know.

You can almost hear it. It's like the sound of glass shattering.

AliceFerrik
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I actually usually just tell people if I'm having a shitty day. I did it all the time when I worked at Food Lion, you should have seen the look on some of the customer's faces when I'd tell them my day was terrible when they asked. What was even better is when they would, of course(humans being curious creatures), ask why. Of course I'd oblige, being the kind-hearted man that I am, and it would just lead to more lols. I think people get too stuck on being 'polite' or 'nice' and inquiring after someone's day, so maybe, @Teani, when people ask you should just kinda tell them your day, in fact, is not great or awesome, but is instead shitty or hellish, and if they ask, tell them why. I mean...they asked, right, and you really shouldn't ask a question you don't want the answer to, or aren't prepared to handle the answer to.

You'd be amazed at how many people knocked that shit off when I started laying some legit heat on them, lol.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    PiperStathanHavenTeaniFurtumAryanneEmelleNola
  • edited May 2014
    Moving. Especially to a place with a higher standard of living than here. I'm psyched to be back but I'm not enjoying this long, drawn out process. I miss the days before car payments and relationships where I could just sell all of my shit, pack my clothes, and buy a bus ticket to sleep on my buddy's couch until I found a job. I love my boyfriend, our dog and I appreciate my car but yeah.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

PiperAryanneIshinFurtum
  • Try thinking that way with a wife and two kids.
    teal deers; I feel you
  • My bandwidth/internet is a pile of crap. Wanted badly to start streaming vidya on Twitch, but it's just too much.
  • Did some sparring at the Zurich airport using my one free hour of wifi.

Found out what it's like to play without lag.

Going to take a serious look at my internet plan when I get home.

T.T
    IshinAryanne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Who the fuck eats fruity pebbles and chips part off of a MOLAR. SERIOUSLY?!

<--this guy that's who.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Omei
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I managed to chip a large part of my tooth off--out of the center. O.o. Oddly enough, it doesn't hurt. >.>

My rage: I work for the next four days. I will be up at five every day and out of the house from sixish AM til around nine, nine-thirty, PM except Friday, on which I get off at six, and Saturday, on which I get off at noon. We have to be moved out of the apartment BY the first if we don't want to pay half-month's rent. I don't know when we're going to have time to do it all, even if my roommate -is- off Thursday. My last day is the third, and I really need the money to buffer the time between now and when I -find- another job, so I don't want to take any more time off but if I don't, I don't know how the hell I'm going to find time to finish de-bugging my stuff before we move. :<
    imageimage
  • edited May 2014
    Ishin said:

Who the fuck eats fruity pebbles and chips part off of a MOLAR. SERIOUSLY?!

<--this guy that's who.</p>

That actually happened to me a few months ago after I let a friend cook for me. There was a chicken bone in with fries, cheese, bacon and ranch.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    I once had a tooth break while I was eating a fruit stick. You know, those soft, sweet apricot paste things they give to children.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I did mine on a blackberry. I'm guessing it was from the seed somehow.
  • I chipped a tooth biting open a bottle of beer once..