MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Arbre said:

Haern said:

Erzsebet said:

Bedbugs.

Is there anyone that might take you in for a while until it can get it taken care of? 'cause that's goddamn awful.

I would NOT let someone with bedbugs into my apartment, no matter how much they cleaned.
    Actually, I was gonna suggest leaving all of her stuff there and then stuffing the clothing on her back into a trash bag, throwing it out, and borrowing clothing from someone else. :( Someone had to do that that I knew and it ended up being better for them in the long run.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I know my grandmother once got bedbugs into my parents house from her adult daycare center because she'd fall asleep on a chair/couch there, and then they wound up in her bedroom. We had our own scare because she'd been over on our couch too, but we got lucky.

As far as throwing clothes out, I wouldn't do that. I'd seal everything in plastic (airtight) for several months to let everything die, hatch, and die some more, but I'd want it back afterwards.
    Aryanne
  • Sarita said:

I know my grandmother once got bedbugs into my parents house from her adult daycare center because she'd fall asleep on a chair/couch there, and then they wound up in her bedroom. We had our own scare because she'd been over on our couch too, but we got lucky.

As far as throwing clothes out, I wouldn't do that. I'd seal everything in plastic (airtight) for several months to let everything die, hatch, and die some more, but I'd want it back afterwards.

And while that sounds good, it doesn't work. They can lie dormant for over a year without feeding. I had an apartment once and the guys next door got evicted, landlord let all their shit lie around for a while in the hall and front foyer area and the whole place got them. I had to move.

Things that actually kill them:
    Extreme heat
    Like 2 kinds of poison spray

To remove them from a residence the only real surefire way to do so is by getting a giant circus tent fumigation session from an exterminator, might need to do it 1-3 times.

Take all your clothes, bedding, everything you can remove, and wash once in hottest water the garments can survive, then tumble dry highest heat you can crank it for 1-2 hours. I used a coin wash for this.

Good luck, they are evil bastards.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Yeah. I'd just be stopping at goodwill for some cheap, interim clothing.

I have a cleaning service coming out next friday to -clean- the apartment. And then exterminating things. While they're doing that, I think I'll nuke the crap out of all my clothes/bedding/towels/cloth in the dryer.
    imageimage
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Fire, it's the only way to be sure.
    ErzsebetMoireanRiluoIshinFurtumEmellePeriluna
  • The endless broken voice odyssey that my current illness has become.

Back to urgent care after the first and second sets of meds didn't fix my inability to speak for more than a few moments without either losing my voice, coughing violently, or feeling like there is glass in my throat. My job is talking. This is not okay.

They gave me a breathing treatment that made me shaky and stupid but allowed me to breathe, gave me even STRONGER codeine-laced cough syrup, an inhaler, and prednisone and orders to come back if I don't get better soon, plus a doctor's note saying I'll be useless for the talking for the next two days. Which hopefully my work will accept and not fire me. :(

I've pretty much wasted -all- my PTO dealing with this stupid cruise ship flu and its aftermath. I just want to go back to work, ffs.

imageimage
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Nightly depression/panic attacks. I don't know why, but I'm getting these at night. I can only think they're getting worse and it might be because of therapy. Ugh. This sucks. I hate getting these and feeling like this.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Seir said:

Nightly depression/panic attacks. I don't know why, but I'm getting these at night. I can only think they're getting worse and it might be because of therapy. Ugh. This sucks. I hate getting these and feeling like this.

We don't usually get along, but I don't really like hearing about people suffering from stuff like this. Have you tried listening to upbeat music? Somewhat odd, but it might help. Listening to tracks of the ocean's sounds, bird song, wind blowing, so on and so forth may also help.

I myself tend to listen to angrymusic, RAAAAAAAAAAAARGH and shit like that. It tickles my inner ragemonster which most of you are quite familiar with, which in turn tickles my testosterone, which in turn makes me grr but grr is better than sadmopeyIshin.

You just need to find something that works for you, @Seir. If one thing doesn't, don't give up, keep trying. It's different for everyone, just like how one medication can affect 10 different people 10 different ways.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    SeirFurtumTeaniAliceRiluo
  • Hope you feel better @Minarael :(
    @Seir - Ishin is quite right. I often suffer the bad feels at night, usually dropping everything and lending yourself to music helps. I've also made a little emergency kit for the depression part >.> which has stuff in it that makes me think of better things (i don't always remember it though cos anxiety) but you can stick all kinds of happy things in it (memories and good smelling things and nail polishes...)

• I am, thank you.

But I don't believe the codeine-laced cough syrup does anything, still. I was up all night despite the extra strength medicine.

@Seir - I've been there. Therapy digs up all sorts of unfortunate crap hiding in the dark corners of the mind. If the therapy is successful, though, the end result is really, really pleasant. It's like when you've been dealing with a physical pain so long you don't even notice it anymore until it's gone and suddenly you can -move- again. Same goes for emotional gunk. The world just becomes a better place. There's always pain in healing though. Ishin's advice was good, but generally, anything that helps you get to a place of chill is good before bed. Find a routine that works and stick to it, helps your brain shut up and shut down and gives you the peace necessary to sleep well. Good luck. :\
    imageimage
    SeirEmelleIshin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    My baking stone broke. :(
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Blew out my knee and tweaked a few muscles in my back at work yesterday while trying to move some stuff around. Trying to walk or do anything today is really painful.
  • @phoenecia secretly works on the Pittsburgh Steelers practice squad. She was attempting to move an offensive lineman around.
    CannanSaybreAshmer
  • Well...if it was the Steelers she'd probably be fine... *flee*
    XavinFurtumVolka
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Well, I have been working out lately. >_>
  • Saybre said:

Well...if it was the Steelers she'd probably be fine... *flee*

get out.

Furtum
  • I almost wished we'd've continued the trend from the first half of last season and bombed completely instead of finishing closer to 50/50, better picks.
    Firefox's new appearance is ugly.
  • Sarita said:

Firefox's new appearance is ugly.

But it resembles chrome newer versions of internet explorer.

But I -liked- being able to tell which tab was which.
    Sarita said:

But I -liked- being able to tell which tab was which.

If you can't, clearly you aren't used to looking at enough curves in your life. It's quite obvious to me that you should go sit in the park and watch many fine women walk by until you can tell the difference in one curvy-tab and the next!

You know what makes me mad? Dropping my goddamned Coke Cola last night coming out of the Corner Market. Striding out, about to stick it in my pack while I cranked my bike...the PAPER BAG the guy put it in rips, it falls, SKIDOOSH on the fucking pavement. Now, people, this isn't some plastic-bottle Coke we're talking about here. This is legit glass-bottle Coke, some SRS BSNS.

Also..who the fuck puts a cold, moist glass bottle into a paper bag. What a fucking retard.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AryanneAlicePiper
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Rargh Angry Mad. I emptied out my desk. I disassembled my desk and dispersed it to the places desk parts go. I shut down my desktop and unplugged her (these things didn't happen all in order, mind). I got my new Armoire desk (A desk with doors that shut the mess away) and the box was fucked -up-.

There was damage to every single desk part, the box looked as if it had set out in the rain. The box was torn. The packing stuff was shredded to nothingness. I'm getting a replacement within the week and UPS is picking up this broke mess. However... all the stuff from my desk is now on my bed.

XavinIshin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    FJSHOGLDFSGSFG. FSKGIKLGFG. BED BUGSFDHSIITHYGDHG. HISSSSSSDSHDHGS.
    imageimage
    Katya
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Eleanor said:

People who get a set of new friends and change, that's what upsets me. When they start acting up to try and impress said new friends and come across as a painfully tryhard toolbag to the people who were nominally their "friends" before.

It is times like that I remember I am 31 and High School popularity is no longer important.
    Still lame nevertheless.

RiluoTeaniFerrikEmelleIshinLiancaSeir
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    After all the crap that's been going on lately, stupid HOA mailed us a complaint about not weed-eating our yard. And to be honest? It wasn't even that bad. We just ran out of thread silly HOA people. Be patient and stop whining.

• The exact reason I have two criteria for buying property.

1) I will be able to step onto my back porch and shoot whatever firearm I choose to.
    2) No HOA. I didn't buy the fucking property for you to tell me what to do with it. Goooo fuck yourself. Thanks, bye.
    IshinAryanneVolka
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Rashar said:

The exact reason I have two criteria for buying property.

1) I will be able to step onto my back porch and shoot whatever firearm I choose to.
    2) No HOA. I didn't buy the fucking property for you to tell me what to do with it. Goooo fuck yourself. Thanks, bye.

I don't mind HOAs - ours doesn't cost much yearly and pays for some extra stuff. They can help keep the neighborhood looking good, too, which we've had bad experiences with in the past. This was just frustrating, that's all.

• I guess I can see their place if you're in a neighborhood. But then there is that whole shooting guns off the back porch thing that makes a neighborhood unlikely. :P
    Yeah, @Rashar. For me, I want to live somewhere I can get good internet and STILL shoot deer in my back yard. If I can't bust a cap in something off my back porch, I ain't really tryin' to live there. Sadly, the combination of those two things together is really rare to come by :(
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin