MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Xenia said:

It's holiday but I assure you with the Celebration of the Stars hitting, everything is probably going to be peacefulish until after. That said, cities FFA, champion 2v2v2v2 4v4 -> 2v2, and stuff happening which should be fun!

Fixed it for you, @Xenia! :)
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Just been a sucky couple of days. Oldest cat probably has kidney issues, I can't seem to get any good sleep so I'm exhausted, had to give in early and get new tires on Friday, and a couple of people I was trying to make non-baby-related plans with bailed. So, I'm just kind of 'meh' today. Tired, don't feel good, and out of it. Means productivity is a big goose egg.

Demarcus
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Still working abroad and damn if this hasn't turned into the worst of my work trips ever. Caught a cold, which for some fucking reason turned into a reactive arthritis so I'm on constant painkillers with doctor's orders to take it easy and see a rheumatologist when I get back home. Not a good thing when you are supposed to work 24/7.

One of my kids decided to go home. Then after being home for five days she changed her mind, because others seemed to have so much fun. We get thrown into the process of her return and while we are working hard on our end, doing what the country office should be doing (but they went on weekend break) the girl changes her mind again, without informing us until we call to say everything is prepared. Fickle, egotistical teenagers and their curling parents who can't see beyond their lives. :| 

Emelle
  • Teani said:

Still working abroad and damn if this hasn't turned into the worst of my work trips ever. Caught a cold, which for some unicorns reason turned into a reactive arthritis so I'm on constant painkillers with doctor's orders to take it easy and see a rheumatologist when I get back home. Not a good thing when you are supposed to work 24/7.

One of my kids decided to go home. Then after being home for five days she changed her mind, because others seemed to have so much fun. We get thrown into the process of her return and while we are working hard on our end, doing what the country office should be doing (but they went on weekend break) the girl changes her mind again, without informing us until we call to say everything is prepared. Fickle, egotistical teenagers and their curling parents who can't see beyond their lives. :| 

WHO IS PAYING FOR ALL OF THIS!?

WHAT EVEN--!?
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    @Kelliara, so far I've paid a grand total of £25 because I had to pay for the prescription drugs. I reckon I'll have to pay as much for doctor's visit back in Sweden. 

As for the kid an all her bouncing back and forth... Well, that would be her parents. When she decided she refused to go home to her host family for even one more night and wanted to return to Sweden, her parents had to book a hotel room for her and me for the night, then the train tickets to the airport for her and the leader going with her (with a return ticket for the leader to Bournemouth) and the air ticket back for the daughter. If she had returned here again,  they would have had to pay for all the traveling expenses again. All to satisfy her happiness. 

• edited July 2016
    Edit: Bloody hell, I dunno about anyone else, but that sure as heck wouldn't have flown in my family.

My sympathies, @Teani.
    TeaniXeniaZailaArbre
  • I hate waking up so early in the morning for work.... every day....

And I quite often find myself wanting to kill the happy morning people when they tell me to cheer up.. Its 6 am, I should still be sleeping!
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

SynneErzsebet
  • TedrunaiTedrunai Immortal
    Zsadist said:

I hate waking up so early in the morning for work.... every day....

And I quite often find myself wanting to kill the happy morning people when they tell me to cheer up.. Its 6 am, I should still be sleeping!

Mornings are the best time to catch Pokemon. No server issues, not too many people, not too hot. Go mornings!
    XeniaDemarcus
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    LOL 2 BAD HE CAN'T PLAY POKEMON ON HIS DINOSAUR PHONE
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited July 2016
    @Draiman, I'm going to murder you one day. I like my phone! It allows me to play phonetolia with ease.

Edit. And its not a dinosaur phone.... its an LG Optimus F3Q. I got it 2 years ago. :(

Either Duke flipped our AC off this afternoon for a few hours, in peak heat, and isn't able to compete with the heat outside or the AC is ded and just trying as hard as it.

• edited July 2016
    I think I'll finish off the one game I had bought by one of my 2 viewers.. then hang up my streaming hat. I've had a good couple of month run.. but nobody seems to stick around, and while it's sad to do this, I figure it's probably the best case of progression. I don't have the money to upgrade my stuff to play the stuff people wanna watch and throw money at me for.. and I lack the viewers to get companies wanting to support me and give me money to upgrade my stuff and draw in more viewers..

all in all, I'm just hemorrhaging money out of my own wallet in an attempt to drum up viewers, and it's bleeding me dry. So the one viewer that was kind enough to throw money at me and request a game, they'll get their game, I'll do my best to fulfill their request because they were nice enough to do that.. then I'll hang up my streaming hat, because I just don't have the viewer base to continue at this point.

Edit:

On reflection, this is less a matter of a mad, and more of a sad. it doesn't help my depressive cycle has been in a particularly heavy swing this month..
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • http://puu.sh/q4g2c.txt

Teradrim doing 52% of my health + 2 broken limbs + stun in the span of 2 seconds is completely ridiculous and I'm super ultra salty about it.
    Art by @Phoenecia! Full image available here!
  • MazarineMazarine the best maze ever
    Lait said:

http://puu.sh/q4g2c.txt

Teradrim doing 52% of my health + 2 broken limbs + stun in the span of 2 seconds is completely ridiculous and I'm super ultra salty about it.

I was going to post the last fight of the duel between me and Varel but it was just like 30 seconds of dying to damage. I feel your pain.
  • Mazarine said:

Lait said:

I was going to post the last fight of the duel between me and Varel but it was just like 30 seconds of dying to damage. I feel your pain.
    It's not even 30 seconds for me, and I have 6k HP and 50% blunt audit.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Even with 60% blunt Varel can still bash me to death. He pointed out that after pummel hits, just leave the room and heal up because the cd on it is pretty long.

That's not a permanent solution by any means, but it might help you a bit while things are the way they are. 

"You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Yeah, that's exactly what I did. But his limb attack do almost 30% HP damage to me per hit. In our most recent fight, even though I parried him and rebounded him multiple times, he still killed me in 6 hits.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/0a924455

What did I do wrong?
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    edited July 2016
    You fought Varel.
    Didi
  • You fought as a mage. Everyone knows that the spirit side is predominantly Zealot or Templar. Bad Lait... bad.

I'm sad/mad/confused because when I go in here to throw support at people struggling with RL stuff, I seem to find too much game-related stuff which isn't supposed to be here. 

Also, joint pain when having to give walking tour of London is not fun. And I'm starting to develop a deep dislike for the "mañana" culture. How the hell are we supposed to keep to a schedule if you consistently come late and let everyone else wait for you because you saw a pretty shoe in a window or because you're tired because you decided against sleeping even though you know we have a busy day today or because "whatever, I don't want to walk faster than this, so screw everyone else".

My meditative state at the moment consists of repeating "only one more day" over and over until I either calm down enough not to tear someone a new one or give up and end up screaming at them to get their asses to the fucking meet-up point before I put them on a freaking leash and drag them back to the hostel and lock them inside their rooms bound and gagged. 

EmelleFezzix
  • edited July 2016
    I'll be honest, @Teani, your patience seems to be bordering on saintly.

I'd have been trying to figure out how to ship them back home one by one in boxes at their parents expense.

But then, this is why I'm not a teacher.
  • @Teani: Tell them all to bring their phones with them and that you're all going on a Poke-hunt. I'm pretty fucking positive that'll get them walking. :D

My rage:

Last sunday, my dog decided to run out of the apartment and go to the mall, for whatever fucking reason. I still have blisters from running around looking for him.

Today, the line to my water heater busted somehow and now my closet is flooded and so is half my fucking bedroom!

THE FUCK IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT SUNDAY?!?!?!

I'm far from saintly, @Kelliara, but I do have lots of patience, but even that was wearing thin at the end. Some of the students made their leaders cry. Not mine. Mine were good. Only had that one flip-flop girl who went home.

Reason for making one leader crying? Well, we requested money as payment in advance for going to London Dungeons, and picked up £25 from each student. Later we found out we got a reduced price and only needed £20. Her students actually accused her of trying to steal from them and put money in her own pocket when she came to tell them she was handing back £5.

I had to sit in a corridor (in the middle of the night), outside the hostel rooms to keep some students quiet so we wouldn't all get thrown out. None of the Spanish leaders had the energy anymore to deal with that shit. Last night another leader took that watch, because they refused to go to bed.

@Zsadist, all they were interested in was shopping. They didn't give a damn about Pokemons.

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Lait said:

Fun Fact: They thought Teradrim damage wasn't high enough and so it got buffed at one point. Not sure why since they're not really a damage class. Then of course, once it was discovered that their damage was fine and the buff put them over the top, a report was submitted a long while ago to nerf the damage. They said it was fine. Here we are, several months later, and it's still evidently not fine, but at least the damage nerf got accepted this time. Funny how that works, it's almost as if the people that play this game know what they're talking about.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Tenshyo
  • MazarineMazarine the best maze ever
    Mad at myself for gettin' mad about the wrong things. Life is too short.
    ArbreDidiCorynEmelleAryanneFezzix
  • 1 - Lets keep the game rages out.

2 - Trill affects everyone in the room, both allies and enemies. Its a tactical thing, so there's nothing wrong with it.

• TedrunaiTedrunai Immortal
    Zsadist said:

there's nothing wrong with it.

But have you SEEN the spam?!?!
    TragerDraiman
  • I feel like I'm missing the joke..... :/

Didi
    I hate that I'm only a few days into this new medication and it's crushing my desire to play Aetolia, though I'm fine doing just about anything else.