MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Ugh.... ex girlfriend wants to get Bama (one of the dogs I own) set up and ready to go to Germany. Sure her ex boyfriend got the dog for her, but I'm the one who's been taking care of her for the past fucking year. So I'm just as attached to Bama as she is to me.

So I'm not sure if I should be the asshole ex and say "she's my dog" or just let it go and let her have Bama back. So depressing... and people wonder why I hate relationshits. Props to those who make it work though.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    @Zsadist - I don't know man, that's rough but I think this is a possession is 9/10's the law. She didn't buy the dog. You have the dog and have cared for the dog... Dog is now yours. She can take a long walk off a short pier and deal.

GastoTeani
  • Before I got divorced a few years ago, my ex and I sat down and divided our possessions. She took the car. I took the cat. Even though she had originally brought the cat in from whatever dumpster he was living in. The cat is my dumpster-homey. And the car's transmission fell onto the freeway or something eventually. Anyway, point of the story is: keep the dog, @Zsadist.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    The fact that the producers of GoT announced that there will only be 13 episodes left in the series, and they're going to split them up into 2 seasons being 6 and 7 episodes.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Illidan said:
    The fact that the producers of GoT announced that there will only be 13 episodes left in the series, and they're going to split them up into 2 seasons being 6 and 7 episodes.
    Two years too long. I hope Winds of Winter at least dips past season 7 into 8.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/30/americas/rio-olympics-body-parts-found/index.html

Whelp, that pretty much seals the deal. Now I'm *glad* I'm not going to Rio for the Olympic games. I drew the line at a paraplegic sailing athlete getting robbed of her bike in broad daylight in front of plenty of people and nobody doing a damn thing. Body parts on beaches? Lovely. I'll stay here where I've already gotten my fill of body parts, thank you very much. At least we're in roughly the same time zone, so I can watch my sister row without having to rely on getting up in the middle of the night to do so.
  • LaitLait Ohio
    edited June 2016
    Oh man, I should not Aetolia while drunk. Apparently I started an hour-long starting match and a huge argument on Damariel's Order chat. :(

I'm just mad at myself, here!
    Art by @Phoenecia! Full image available here!
    XavinRasharFezzix
  • Lait said:

Oh man, I should not Aetolia while drunk. Apparently I started an hour-long starting match and a huge argument on Damariel's Order chat. :(

I'm just mad at myself, here!

Drunktolia is a dangerous thing.

Lait
  • On the bright side (and contrary to the point of this thread), though, I'm 6 kills past Toz on Killstats now. I don't know how that happened, but I'm glad!
    Rashar
  • I mean the last time I got -really- drunktolia, I tried to -noose- Damariel for like 30 minutes.

It could be worse. :p
    TragerDraiman
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Lait said:

On the bright side (and contrary to the point of this thread), though, I'm 6 kills past Toz on Killstats now. I don't know how that happened, but I'm glad!

They're all @Trager.
    TragerSolariaZaila
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    @Lait -

I'm more jealous of drunktolia'ing and people still understanding what you're saying. Or remaining so damn focused. I take a few shots playing Aet and I'm belting out Frozen songs with @Aldric :(
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

BufordZailaArbreSolariaXeniaDraimanLait
  • edited June 2016
    Trager said:

@Lait -

I'm more jealous of drunktolia'ing and people still understanding what you're saying. Or remaining so damn focused. I take a few shots playing Aet and I'm belting out Frozen songs with @Aldric :(

Last time I drunktolia'd I tried to fight and never even realized I wasn't wielding a weapon and when someone finally got me to notice, I proceeded to use a soul cleaver.

EDIT: Clearly fluidity got put into Carnifex skills so I can drunktolia better.

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Last time I drunktolia'd I almost fought @Lait on my phone. (It was last night)
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Didi
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Let the alcohol flow!

• Draiman said:

Last time I drunktolia'd I almost fought @Lait on my phone. (It was last night)

I probably would have lost!
  • I just want everyone to make a Drunktolia thread and share their Drunktolia experiences now, because this is entertaining as someone who can function normally while drunktoliaing.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Ah my drunktolia is too hot to handle
  • People play Aetolia sober?
    ZailaSolaria
  • Nola said:

I just want everyone to make a Drunktolia thread and share their Drunktolia experiences now, because this is entertaining as someone who can function normally while drunktoliaing.

I made the thread!
    NolaZaila
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Went to visit one of my fiance's friends who happens to work for an advertising company, and he was showing off all the cool tech he gets to work with. Such as the 24-inch Wacom Cintiq he's got, which is a huge drawing tablet with a screen that functions as a workstation. Normally that thing costs about $3000, and he got it for less than half price. Which still cost less than the 13-inch one I've been eyeing for a while. Tablet envy.

And this is on top of all the 3D scanning and printing, and laser engraving equipment he's got. I really wish I had the money and the space for cool toys like that, but as of right now, my occupation doesn't call for stuff that advanced.
    Nola
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    So, I was highly infectious last week. Now, I'm dealing with the fact I clobbered my arm last night on a wooden railing. Directly to the bone. I still haven't bruised, but my god it hurts so much. I was helping my coworker today fix a monitor, went to lean on it and my arm just went out beneath me in true "oh god oh no" fashion.

Can I have one week where I am not a walking disaster

Emelle
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Time to play everyone's favorite neighborhood game: Murder or Fireworks

TragerZaila
  • Mariena said:

Time to play everyone's favorite neighborhood game: Murder or Fireworks

I prefer to play a different game. Murder -WITH- fireworks.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Acelyn
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Did something to my system while I was drunk. Mapper quit working with it. Every attempted fix today has resulted in a Mudlet crash, so I can't even begin to diagnose the problem. Reverting to older saves crashses. Moving to first aid. Enjoy your free wins while you can you bastards D:
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Didi
  • Draiman said:

Did something to my system while I was drunk. Mapper quit working with it. Every attempted fix today has resulted in a Mudlet crash, so I can't even begin to diagnose the problem. Reverting to older saves crashses. Moving to first aid. Enjoy your free wins while you can you bastards D:

So kill you now and face a horrible, horrible death by you later?

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    So, working abroad again this summer. Language school trip with a 24/7 watch on kids from Sweden for three weeks. Bournemouth is lovely, but things are conspiring to make sure this is the worst trip of mine ever.
    Been to the hospital with one student, thinking it was an allergic reaction to milk protein. Turns out she has a cracked rib from prior to the trip. She's in a lit of pain. Another student had an allergic reaction and had to be moved. That made the first student feel lonely because the friend was moved, and decided they wanted to go home to Sweden, refusing to even stay one more night with the host. Parents booked a hotel for the student and myself, because they're not allowed to be on their own. 
    I got a cold a few days ago, it went straight to my throat so my voice went bye bye. Students have been laughing at me for the squeaking sounds I make. I joined in until things got even worse. Severe pain in all joints developing over night had me going to the doctor because I could barely move. Turns out I might have a viral infection, which is giving me temporary arthritis as a side effect. Whenever my new painkillers wear off, I feel like it would be an improvement to amputate my limbs rather than go with that kind of pain. 

Two more weeks to go... 

• LaitLait Ohio
    edited July 2016
    I'm super mega mad at the modern food industry. Specifically, how it seems to be sold on what it doesn't contain as opposed to what it does contain, and how it seems to be completely taking advantage of complete idiots that don't know any better. Like advertising the following:

No GMO: Yeah, we get it. You're afraid of modern technology that helps keep millions of people from starving through engineering crops that are resistant to disease and more efficient in their use of energy. Never mind the fact that human being have been manipulating the genetic qualities of plants for thousands of years through basic agriculture; when "scientists" do it through "artificial" means, it's somehow bad for you, right?

No High Fructose Corn Syrup: Most companies will say "Hey, we have no high fructose corn syrup in our products!" in order to appease the ignorant masses that think that just because sugar comes from corn means it's bad for you. Of course, what these ignorant masses don't realize is that their 'organic rice cane syrup' or whatever the hell they prefer over HFCS is literally the same pair of chemicals -- fructose and glucose -- just from a different plant. Although this honestly might be justified if you REALLY have a phobia of corn for some reason.

No Artificial Sweeteners/Colors/Flavors: Again, we go back to the 'afraid of modern technology' bit. Somehow, somewhere along the line, people got it in their heads that 'artificial' means 'bad for you'. Why they haven't given up artificial creations like computers, houses and cars, I don't know, but they sure love to use the artificial Internet to promote their non-artificial propaganda. What's even worse is that people believe that food dyes somehow cause autism in children. Never mind the fact that no credible study supports that theory, we've gotta protect our children from the evil artificial chemicals!

No Preservatives: Because rotting and moldy food is fun! I can't imagine this is anything but a marketing ploy by food companies to sell more of their product -- after all, if it lasts half as long, they'll buy twice as much, right? I'm also reminded of the video one guy made of a McDonalds hamburger that he put in a jar for a month and it looked exactly the same as it did when he put it in. Somehow, this means that the hamburger is 'inedible', which, of course it's going to be if you left it in a jar for a month, but it sure is convenient to blame 'artificial preservatives' first, isn't it?

Organic: Literally the only thing "organic" means is "we don't use artificial pesticides and fertilizers on this product". That's it. Again with the 'no artificial' business -- people are afraid of modern technology. Maybe there's some justification in wanting to avoid substances that are designed to kill unwanted living creatures, but, honestly, pesticides don't magically infuse into your veggies (they have protective skins for a reason) and properly washing and peeling your food takes like one minute and costs about half as much.

So, yeah. Rage, rant, rave. People need to stop listening to Oprah and Dr. Oz and start listening to credible, published scientific studies.
    RasharZsadist
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It's funny I was just ranting at my Mom about the same thing like 30 seconds ago.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I eat GMO food and I believe in what it can be used for. With that being said, the modifications being used are mostly (but not entirely) so that corn will be more round-up resistant. On the positive, that means you don't need to till your fields to 'mechanically' weed a field. Reduced tillage, from what I studied in school, is supposed to be a good thing as it prevents loss of topsoil. What it ends up doing is making heartier weeds (those that survive the round-up pass their genes on to make heartier weeds), and creates an environment where if your corn spreads into a neighbors field they can be sued by Monsanto. Anecdotally, I also see farmers in my area till the fields anyway.