MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Zsadist said:

hearing alot of Daru members are upset about the burn.

That pun...

Anyway, sorry to hear you're leaving, @Nola. My condolences on the loss as I know how much emotional investment there can be in these things! We wouldn't love them as much if there wasn't.

(edit: random attack of too much spacing now rectified.)
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
    NolaErzsebetAryanne
  • Spent 4-5 hours on the beach, first time out in the sun this year and no sun screen. Everything hurt so bad right now. Sleep will be torture.
    Isande
  • @Coby - As someone who used to burn multiple times a summer as a child, I highly suggest not even bothering with aloe (never seems to help much) and go straight for the Witch Hazel if you haven't already. You will be so glad you did, trust me.

Just get some ol' Witch Hazel for a buck or two (tends to be in the same section as bandaids and rubbing alcohol), pour some in a little travel size spray bottle or soak a washcloth in it, and apply to skin frequently because it dries fast but makes the sunburn stop burning until it dries. Blessed, if temporary, relief! Totally saves layers of skin too, from what I've experienced, as you'll barely peel compared to what you should have otherwise.

I just mostly hide from the sun these days.
    CobyMariena
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    So, that trip really didn't go the way it was supposed to. Students sick with something like the flu, one admitted to the hospital for high blood sugar levels and diabetes, another rushed in to emergency for appendicitis and surgery, drunk host family members yelling at students, buses that didn't run, and my own acute root canal.

Plane lands in Copenhagen and I think my troubles are finally over, but NO! Cancelled train from the airport terminal across the border to Sweden. Instead I had to take another one, but couldn't because they were all full of other late travellers. It took me 2 hours to get to Sweden and by then I had missed the connection. Next train fully booked, but thankfully I managed to squeeze in. However, I get to move between available seats on the night train.

Just... Ugh

• Nola said:

I'm going to be around for a few days in and out saying my farewells to a few good friends in the game. I will not be returning to Aetolia afterwards, so if any of you would like to say bye beforehand, hit me up.

I'm gonna miss you.

ErzsebetDidi
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    My agonizing carpal tunnel today.

• Roommate gets pulled over and nailed for a dui and possession two days ago. Comes home, cries all day, then she's been drinking all morning and driving to work now. The only difference? Not bringing a regular cup of vodka/juice in the truck with her for the drive.

........she's really just never going to get it.
    AryanneIsandeIshin
  • Asaraii said:

Roommate gets pulled over and nailed for a dui and possession two days ago. Comes home, cries all day, then she's been drinking all morning and driving to work now. The only difference? Not bringing a regular cup of vodka/juice in the truck with her for the drive.

........she's really just never going to get it.

The fact that she clearly doesn't live in my city comforts me... But knowing she can't POSSIBLY be the only person like that terrifies me.

I like being not-dead.

EmelleIsandeDidiAsaraiiTeaniPerilunaIshinMephistolesSarkis
  • Yeah. Mind you I've made 24 hour trips of driving truck and horse trailer with her, only to have driven the last 21 of those hours cus she was drunk and would slam drinks during the entire thing. She said she got a dui 10 years ago too. Was hoping this was going to be an eye opener but I guess not.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    If you get her arrested does that mean you have to pay rent all by yourself.

DidiAsaraiiAryanneIshin
  • Hmmm.... well I am moving soon so....

...might have to figure something out here!
    AryanneTeaniIsandeIshin
  • Unfortunately, alcoholism doesn't just go away so easily, and she's definitely an alcoholic since she can't control herself and it's bleeding out to affect her ability to function and those around her. I'm sorry, @Asaraii ..I hope your friend can get help, the sooner the better before she kills someone and/or herself. Good luck and grats on moving soon.
    NolaAryanneIshinAsaraiiAreka
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    My grandmother passed away last November. Yesterday would have been her next birthday, and thanks to facebook having those reminders, a few people posted on her wall wishing her a happy birthday and saying that they hoped she had a great day. One of those people is related to us, and it's not like our families were very distant. She's my cousin, and I think my grandmother was her great aunt. Our parents (the related ones) grew up together, went to the same school, and got in trouble together. We all got together for major events. I just don't understand how someone could forget all that. Seeing it just really hurt somehow. I miss her.
    DidiAryanne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Sarita: you can contact Facebook and have them close her timeline for posts/close down the account completely to prevent these things from happening. I lost my grandmother little more than a month ago and we locked her timeline.

Isande
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    edited July 2015
    Nola said:

@Riluo I'm okay, not exactly happy, but okay. I always said if something happened to the Daru, I wouldn't have much reason to stay, and that still stands. It's time for me to move on. Maybe I'll drop in now and again to update, but I don't want to leave behind any expectations.

Sorry to see you go, @Nola.

I'm feeling similarly listless now that the Bloodborn are gone, Abhorash has become a demigod & etc. Honestly, the stuff going on with the Illuminai seems pretty cool, but I couldn't imagine leaving Veovis behind for an alt given all the credits I've invested.
  • There should be an ARTIFACT TRADEIN ACCOUNT command that trades in all of your artifacts to your account at the standard tradein rate.
    RiluoAryanneErzsebetVeovisRivas
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It's been so long since I've played League that I don't remember enough of my login info to reclaim my account. :x so bummed, I had stuff I paid for man, and gifts, and now I'm SOL.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Areka said:

It's been so long since I've played League that I don't remember enough of my login info to reclaim my account. :x so bummed, I had stuff I paid for man, and gifts, and now I'm SOL.

If you still use the same e-mail, you should(maybe?) be able to get them to email you your username and to reset your password.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    I've tried - I have receipts from RP points but it isn't sending me my information otherwise. I remember champs I owned, and some of the skins, my summoner name and level, but not my username or password. I apparently also changed email at some point, I vaguely recall doing so during a security breach they had, but cannot find any of the confirmations of that switch. Just the new receipts and past password recovery notifications.
  • Areka said:

I've tried - I have receipts from RP points but it isn't sending me my information otherwise. I remember champs I owned, and some of the skins, my summoner name and level, but not my username or password. I apparently also changed email at some point, I vaguely recall doing so during a security breach they had, but cannot find any of the confirmations of that switch. Just the new receipts and past password recovery notifications.

A friend of mine got his account recovered without knowing password, email or summoner name - he asked if he could give them the last 4 of his CC, champs/skins owned, and address he bought stuff from. Worth asking, at least?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Aryanne
    I'll try that, those things I can def do!
    Areka said:

I'll try that, those things I can def do!

Usually your summoner and login username are the same? But maybe my account is unique like that?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Mine weren't the same. They're two separate things which hasn't helped me at all!
    Areka said:

Mine weren't the same. They're two separate things which hasn't helped me at all!

Well shit. I'd just email'em and ask'em if you can provide like a CC number or something for purchases, name a few skins or champs you might remember buying/you have receipts for. Might even offer to forward them copies of the receipts. Usually companies like that are fairly chill about giving you your shit back. Not everyone makes you jump through 9001 hoops like Microsoft.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    She got it working last night best Brand NA - right @Areka - had alot of fun playing with you though moar games soon!!
    ArekaIshin
    I'll play with you guys sometime. Feel free to add me, my summoner is TheWhirlingBlade.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited July 2015
    I can't remember my summoner name but I've been playing a little bit again I think I have some of u already. there's weird new monsters wandering the rivers and jungles and everything looks different! Weird.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Feel free to add me as well -CritYouInTheDik
    I am super bad, but ...I get lucky sometimes :wink:
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    @Aarbrok's summoner name suddenly took on a whole different meaning with that second line.
    PerilunaIshin
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Going to be gone for a few days. Yay, exhaustion and being sick.

Didi