MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Power's out at work. Go home, come back tomorrow. Bullshit man. Quit fucking up my hours.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Aarbrok
  • Ishin said:

Power's out at work. Go home, come back tomorrow. Bullshit man. Quit fucking up my hours.

We need a hug button.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    DidiAryanneIshinEmelleXeniaTragerTeani
  • I'm getting kinda tired of the design on forums constantly going fucking wonky. I mean, I like the grey boxes and everything. Its kinda goth-like... but its getting to the point where I'm sitting there and get annoyed because its not the Aetolian design :/
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Riluo
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited July 2015
    Zsadist said:

I'm getting kinda tired of the design on forums.

Fixed that for you.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ZsadistPerilunaAryanne
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I'm getting kinda tired forums. :(
    PerilunaAarbrok
  • AC got diagnosed at work today. It is dead. Will be at LEAST a week until it is replaced.

This is the weather for this week:
    WED: 96 (currently 85 in my office, with 3 hours to go)
    THUR: 101
    FRI: 100
    SAT: 96
    SUN: 93
    MON: 89
    TUE: 87

There is not enough antiperspirant.

• edited July 2015
    I know what you mean, @Aishia. I work in a pizza place and we run a 450 degree oven, and our store's AC doesn't work. Neither does the store across the river from my town, which is also owned by the same person.

We complained and complained and complained, and eventually their solution(instead of fixing the main AC in the attic) was to buy these 2 portable AC units and duct tape them to the walls to vent near the ceiling vents. It's the most awful looking thing I've ever seen, but did end up helping.

Then after the other store complained enough(and the District Manager's wife started working there), they decided they were going to come and take both of our portable AC units, and then apparently(I wasnt there, it was in the morning when it happened), a bunch of people threatened to quit if they took them, so they only took 1 instead.

It's very hot again. :(

AC problems suck. And it should be against the law to just let it go. Period.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    AryanneDidiRiluoArbre
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Its a work safety issue, do you have rights? I know in South Australia they must keep inside environments between 15 Celsius and 25 Celsius on hot days or they breach workplace laws and can be fined in the tens of thousands.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• We have this thing called OSHA, its a government body, and I've looked up their rules/regulations on work temperatures. They have -guidelines- that are suggested to be followed and like if they give you free water at work you're supposed to be fine. It has been worse at my job though. One day, months and months ago, when it first started to get hot, they were terrified the inspector guy from corporate was coming, so they had to do everything by the book. So they turned both 450 degree ovens on(We have 2 but usually only have 1 on), shut all the doors and window, and it got to about 115 degrees in there. I was doing dishes at midnight when we finally turned the ovens off and opened the doors, and it got to about 92 degrees at its coolest, as I was sweating like mad swimming in dishwater. It was intense.

In any case, the problem here is that the OSHA rules are "guidelines" and aren't actually laws or rules. Theres too many lax laws on this stuff in America, IMO. All our businesses nowadays just do everything they can to find loopholes and skirt the laws to turn a profit. It's rather disgusting, honestly.

Rant over.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    DidiRiluoEydisIshin
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    My mother has been in agony for the past two months with pain radiating throughout her joints and muscles. She's been tested for arthritis, lyme disease, and osteoarthritis thus far with all of them coming up negative. They gave her absolutely nothing for the pain and it's getting harder and harder to watch her in tears every morning because the pain is so intense when she wakes up (whenever she can actually sleep because the pain is at its peak in the morning and night). She finally has an appointment with her primary care doctor today, but I'm not sure if anything will come of it.

My grandmother is starting to go downhill as well and I'm not really sure how to handle it.

I just want to put my fist through a wall today.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2015
    I am sorry to hear that. It is unfair and I honestly hope something good comes of it for you with the doctor :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Xenia
  • much love and best wishes
    Xenia
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    @Hadrak Has she seen a Rheumatologist? Do over the counter NSAIDS do anything for her? Toradol, diclofenac, and tramadol are usually reasonably well-tolerated and physicians aren't too shy about prescribing them. She might have to be rather insistent with her PCP regarding her need for pain relief.
    Veovis said:

@Hadrak Has she seen a Rheumatologist? Do over the counter NSAIDS do anything for her? Toradol, diclofenac, and tramadol are usually reasonably well-tolerated and physicians aren't too shy about prescribing them. She might have to be rather insistent with her PCP regarding her need for pain relief.

She's been referred to one and should be seeing them soon. As for NSAIDS, she pretty much covered all of those but still in a great deal of pain and has had continual stiffness during the evening and mornings.

After her appointment today and with some results, she's got much more of a spring in her step and seems to be sleeping soundly. Hooray, my pessimism may perhaps be unfounded.. for once.

Veovis
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I'm ok in the heat but my FRC's are caked in oil. 100 degrees wearing those bad boys in direct sun light, fk today. It's also leg day. I've never hated a Friday so much. 
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Ishin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    This is vaguely Aetolia related, but I'm mad at my brain's lack of adjustment, not at the game or anyone in it. -Every- time I see the word Variach, my brain is -immediately- like, ZOMG GO PAY TAXES and I go look to see if I owe any taxes. >.>
    imageimage
    AryanneVeovis
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Why is it so flipping hard to give my dog his damned heartworm pill? Just took me about 30 minutes, and my end result was shoving it in his mouth (not an easy feet) and holding his muzzle to where he just has a little bit of give to chew it. I think he just swallowed it whole, but whatever. Peanut butter doesn't work, he just licks it all off.
  • Put it in a hot dog!
    AryanneAarbrokPerilunaTrager
  • I'm not sure how well a hot dog works, but I wrap it in some turkey lunch meat. Never had an issue. lol
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• edited August 2015
    We always did the hot dog thing for giving our dogs pills, they'd give, like, two chews them swallow - cutting the hot-dog into little slices perfectly hiding the pill inside.

Oral surgery. Urrf. I'm glad to have the broken wobbly bit out of my mouth, because it kept shifting me and stabbing, but they had to give me 8 shots of Novocaine to numb me enough to do it, and it -still- hurt when they were pulling stuff, just not enough for me to bitch and cry about it. Because I had to have so many shots, the left side of my face still feels really odd. Can feel the holes from where they stabbed me with the giant needles of doom though. Those are super unpleasant. Otherwise, my jaw is also super sore from where they had to dig the broken tooth out in a bunch of pieces. Am mildly surprised/annoyed that they didn't prescribe me pain meds, considering how painful this is. If I didn't still -have- vicodin from the last time I went to the dentist (in NY, back in September a year ago) I would be in serious amounts of pain right now.

Related: May be AWOL for a couple days. Am mildly loopy from the combination of pain and pain meds. Will probably be around intermittently at best.
    imageimage
  • edited August 2015
    @Zsadist I briefly scrolled through this and totally in my brain read 'I'm not sure how good a hot dog is, but I wrap it up in some turkey lunch meat'

:D (Never wrapped a hot dog up in turkey but people put peanut butter on hot dogs so I'd totes try it)
  • much love and best wishes
    Not sure if this is related to the oral surgery I had Saturday, but my legs are super weak/spasming and I have no idea why. Called the dentist, who said it was not normal. Could be unrelated, just sort of assuming correlation because they were shaking really bad during/after. Unsure what to do about it. Having trouble walking from my bedroom to the kitchen, much less anywhere further.
    imageimage
    Didi
  • Doesn't sound like a drug or allergic reaction. Did you come back and pass out for a long time? Dehydration and/or low blood sugar seems more likely. Make sure you're getting something in your belly.
    No. We ran around to the DMV/Payless/food acquisition the day of. I napped a little bit after that ('round 3:00), 'cause I had a fever and was freezing to death, but only for a couple hours. Been drinking fluids. And nibbling on foods whenever my stomach rumbles at me.

Don't think I'm allergic to anything they used, though they did use more novocaine than usual. Typically they only stab me 5-6 times with it, rather than 8-9. Don't know why it'd be connected to my legs being spasmy though.
    imageimage
  • Woke up with food poisoning so bad last night, I ended up in the Emergency Room for 4 hours under double doses of morphine and anti-nausea. Thanks for the impending huge hospital bills, bad sandwich meat. I actually would have been released about 40 mins sooner but they realized as they were started to unhook me that they had never administered the IV Fluids the doctor ordered which is why I was still pale and feeling so dehydrated. I could hardly talk the whole time I was there because they also kept refusing me water, saying "Let's wait until your nausea stops." but it never fully stopped even with the anti-nausea medication. So! They kept me longer to administer the fluids and right before I left, I managed to get a nice nurse to give me a tiny cup of water finally but I was supposed to have been being hydrated at least internally the whole time is been there. Still feel like a train wreck today but doing much better.

This is just one more experience on my list of why I want to trust doctors but never get good healthcare when I go.

@Erzsebet That sounds scary. I hope you feel better and can get the issue sorted as to what's going on!
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
    :( Feel better @Isande

The dentist swears up and down he prescribed me antibiotics on Saturday when I was there. He didn't. But regardless, I have them now. I've taken a full day of them, my fever hasn't gone away. My legs are still muscle twitchy, but I stood up for the 3 minutes it took to make ramen last night without a problem. Going to try to make it to work anyhow. Figure there are several points with benches along the way if I need to sit down. If I can just -get- to the bus stop, I should be able to go into work fine. I sit down all day at work, too. May as well get paid for it, if I can.
    imageimage
    Isande said:

Thanks for the impending huge hospital bills, bad sandwich meat.

Jimmy John's strikes again.

IsandeAarbrokZsadist
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Hadrak said:

Isande said:

Thanks for the impending huge hospital bills, bad sandwich meat.

Jimmy John's strikes again.

Nooooo, not Jimmy John's!
    Isande