MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• roses are red
    violets are red
    ha ha ha
    i set your garden on fire you cow
    Orisae
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Lack of health insurance! That's my rage for the week.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AmaraValenaeArbreGhetz
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I had to drop my math class because I'm crying.  Like.. a lot.  At everything.  This means I won't graduate when intended.  Not the end of the world, I'll still graduate, but I was hoping...
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    It's not the end of the world. Put your chin up!

I come from a dad who has two PhDs (Math, Finance) and is a super genius. I didn't graduate my undergrad program on time. No biggie!
  • edited February 2013
    I'm 22 and a junior. Heh. People work at their own pace. Sucks when you don't reach a goal you've set for yourself but at least you got an experience out of it, you know? Have you talked to your adviser to see if they can hook you up with independent study options instead? You might have more options.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• edited February 2013
    I rage at sleeping 8+ hours and waking up still feeling exhausted. Not only that but the other night I opened my eyes, called Stabs my cousin, and when he said he wasn't, I argued the point and fell back asleep again. When he told me about this, it kind of creeped me out. I do have a past of doing things in my sleep like cuddling or kicking but I've never held a conversation with someone while being in REM sleep. I've never known that to happen. I rage at feeling exhausted through my day and being grumpy as a result 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Valenae said:
    I rage at sleeping 8+ hours and waking up still feeling exhausted. Not only that but the other night I opened my eyes, called Stabs my cousin, and when he said he wasn't, I argued the point and fell back asleep again. When he told me about this, it kind of creeped me out. I do have a past of doing things in my sleep like cuddling or kicking but I've never held a conversation with someone while being in REM sleep. I've never known that to happen. I rage at feeling exhausted through my day and being grumpy as a result 

My dad once punched his brother in his sleep, after calling him an effing chicken. <.< So it happens from time to time.

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Augh. The typo in the title of this thread makes me want to abuse my mod privs to delete and then recreate it properly. HNNG.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    HaydynAarbrok
  • bad grammar and spelling: its the worst crime
    Esper
  • I don't know, being a caterwauling pedant is certainly up there too.
    Rivas
  • edited February 2013
    It makes me rage that some of the mods are probably the rudest, more inefficient ones I've encountered online. I'm not trying to be rude or flame anyone but I'm seriously in awe that the issue hasn't been addressed thoroughly. 

• Rage when a good day, a fabulous one even, gets completely ruined and sends me crashing down to places I don't want to go to again.

After a good and useful day at Teacher Practice, and making someone very happy with a gift and company, I felt great.

Two phonecalls later (where I in the last one was reminded of all the wrong decisions I have made in my life, how at my age I've accomplished very little (if anything at all), that I've been stupid to ever get into debt), and I just a slight push away from spiraling down the hellhole and just.. yeah. Gently caress this.
  • 8 1/2 hours of running around and never getting a chance to sit down because good lord my co-workers are dramatic. STOP TALKING ON FACEBOOK.

I dunno what hurts worse; my feet or my back or my pride.
  • Finally ending my procrastination on finishing my project 2 for 2 dimension design, which is due tomorrow, at 3.. I only had to cut and size the matboard to 8 1/4 x 18, for my 10 3x3 squares of ink patterns (two rows of 5, inch-wide board, quarter inch apart). Its all good and stuff, until I find out that my larger bristol pad of 14x17 is not going to be big enough.. only an INCH OFF THE LENGTH OF THE NECESSARY MEASUREMENT FOR THIS THEYHW$#%H.. FFHETH.. D...

Not okay. Not happy. Gotta go to fraking Hobby Lobby before class tomorrow and then mount the damn things, but Hobby Lobby is all the way by the school, which is 40min away (rah rah, inconveniences, stupid).

• A couple nights ago I had woken myself up several times in one hour because I thought someone was trying to call in for a tow. SO I could half hear myself responding, okay, can I get your first and last name? Phone? Dead silence. So I assumed they hung up and went back to sleep feeling rather pissed at the callers for disturbing my sleep when they could have just called into the center for a normal person at 6am. LOL. My sympathies Valenae.

On one memorable occasion in college my roommate walked in on me sleeping and I told her, "Becky, don't let the raccoons in!" She had to report that one to me in the morning. I don't know how often I talk out loud like that. It' sonly the jobs I've done call center stuff for, too.

Also pissed off at massive snow storm in N New England right now. Maine is not a fun place to be. Glad I got home safely, though.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Ansnom talks in his sleep all of the time - it's really more like talking in his just-waking-up.  He's constantly yelling at me for weird stuff, like to leave the girl alone and things.  It's gotten to the point that I know when he's doing it and I just start asking him questions.  I keep asking one after another and he gets more and more angry because I'm asking questions he thinks I should know the answer to but he doesn't know the answer to to answer them.
    Periluna
  • In other words - Arbre is evil.

So - I've had a gently caressing GREAT two days. Yesterday - I was missing three shifts. My 3-8, 4-9, and 6-close(12) cashiers didn't show. Actually - my wonderful manager scheduled my 6-12 cashier when she was already scheduled to work in our deli from 5-9 that night. So I had to find people to replace the shifts. Guess what. No one wanted to gently caressing work. They complain about not getting enough hours and then don't want to show up. -_-

Today - I was suppose to spend the night with the bf. He was going to pick up my son and take him to his Nana's. He got off work late and texted me (while I was at work) that he was going to be late. My mother got pissed that he was late and left with my son to go out to eat -- which they never do. So no one was home when he got there. He lives almost an hour away. Just... screwed up night. Probably won't get to see him until after Valentines day because we work for a company that likes to work us both to death this time of year. I'm spending my Feb 14th selling flowers and making arrangements for 10 hours. People are especially cranky on holidays too. Just more -_-
  • edited February 2013

Bought in 1980, this Jonesered saw served my old man for twenty years before being passed on to me.  After another 13 years of use, she finally cut her last log.  Rest in piece Jonesy, you served well. :(
    My coworker/friend got fired today. He is the nicest guy, not the type to get upset or offend anyone. He has a jobless wife and two children under age five. The supervisors won't talk about it, and the gloom in the office makes it feel like someone died.
  • Did he get fired for failing to meet an expectation, or did they lay him off for other less personal reasons?
    edited February 2013
    He was fired for breaking rules. Arguably arbitrary rules, but violated rules nonetheless. I'm not saying it was unfair. Just very, very sad.
  • Well that sucks. I wish him the best of luck - one should always be providing to their family.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    As someone that recently had to fire someone that was really liked around the building, it sucks. The guy I had to let go was one of the funniest, nicest guys in the building, he just had some general sloppiness in his work that kept coming back to bite us and he ran out of chances. Your supervisors, however, probably don't want to talk about it because it's entirely possible they feel bad about it. You never like firing someone, it never gets easier, but sometimes you're not given a choice and that really sucks.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Daskalos said:
     You never like firing someone, it never gets easier, but sometimes you're not given a choice and that really sucks.

I hate it when there are people who don't think like that at a job. Once, I was fired for learning too fast (faster than my boss, who felt threatened even though I was a lowly part-timer). He searched for mistakes, and finally, when he found one, something others had done without him batting an eye, he used it as an excuse to toss me out.

My co-workers couldn't believe it, and the scheduler was devastated, since I'd helped out filling impossible gaps when no one else could work.
  • edited February 2013
    Well. Sometimes it works out. Once when I lived in the shelter I got fired from my job at McDonalds and then a month later got a job making $3.00 more an hour. That's how I got out of that bad situation. What happened to your friend could be a blessing in disguise 

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    RAGE at having a laptop that overheats if I view WEB PAGES with too much multimedia crap on them.
    Areka
  • Lin said:
    RAGE at having a laptop that overheats if I view WEB PAGES with too much multimedia crap on them.
    How long have you had it for? The solution to your problem might be cracking that bad boy open, going to the nearest computer hardware stor (Like Fry's or Radio shack) and picking up some Arctic Silver 5. Apply it to your processor and you should be good to go. There's videos on youtube about how to go about doing it. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Mastema
  • Feeling very stressed out about the writing assignments for this SciFi class.

So stressed, in fact, that her font shifted. Apparently TNR is the stressmeter.
    HaydynArbre
  • Yes that's correct; I'm very, very stressed. 

FenrirArbrePeriluna