Pokemon Go

DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
It's been real, Aetolia. Pce.
"You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Comments

• Is it that really a thing now?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• NOPE

• AnteheAntehe Immortal
    I don't really understand all this Pokestuff but I'm giving it a go!

A little charmander thing was in my bedroom (though I suppose that's just starters?).

I found a seahorse thing in my bathroom, and a pigeon on my way to work. I am surrounded by bats and can't manage them.

This is pretty cool though, though the GPS is a bit hit or miss. It loses track of where I am even while I'm standing still, so these stop things keep coming in and out of range arbitrarily.
  • This is bullshit! Google Playstore says my phone isn't compatible with the released version of Pokemon Go. WTF IS THIS MADNESS!!!!!

@Antehe: Charmander in bedroom, Horsea in bathroom, Pidgey to work, and the bats are Zubat. :P
    I'm jealous you can play and I can't!!! :rage:
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Antehe
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I think I may end up having a reason to just go walking around now. Maybe indoors, though, since it's so hot outside.

AnteheIshin
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    @Solaria - that's a convo I was having earlier - with fitbits and research on gamification, I'm really pleased this has come out, but it's a hole in the industry that I'm surprised hasn't been capitalized on sooner. This gives active focus to getting in those 10000 steps, etc.
    KynaZailaIshin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Solaria said:

I think I may end up having a reason to just go walking around now. Maybe indoors, though, since it's so hot outside.

I'm waiting on Aetolia to use the oculus rift and an omni direction treadmill.
    IllikaalSolariaZaila
  • Can I just say that I'm so sorry you guys don't get to experience @Antehe trying to play this game without a working knowledge of pokemon? Because it's fantastic.

"I don't understand the throwy bit."
    EmelleZailaSilena
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    The only unique things I've gotten so far are a Squirtle (non-starter, already have a Charmander) and a Staryu. Anyone gotten anything really cool? Any sneaky legendaries?
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    I am learning so much. The wormy yarnball guy over by the science museum is apparently called a Tangela, not to be confused with fruit.
    Zaila
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    I played for a couple of hours but it's way to mobile-y for me. You're either going to have to invest a ridiculous amount of time, or a ridiculous amount of money. Even in the case of the latter, you'll still need to invest the former.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Atrapoema
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Stfu Illidan no one likes a negative Nancy OR A FKING BLASPHEMOUS HERETIC LIKE YOURSELF.

Rarest thing I've caught is actually the most common thing around here for me, an Eevee (or 5). There's a non starter Bulbasaur around my house somewhere but I can't find him. 

• edited July 2016
    Well, since Pokemon Go requires 2gb ram and android version 4.4-6.0. Im not about to upgrade my phone for a game..... even if its one I REAAAAAALLY want to play. I'll live vicariously through you all. Do me proud, my fellow poketeers!

I like having a QWERTY keyboard for Teamviewer since I play Aetolia from my phone while I'm at work. Oh well, bummer for me. :disappointed:

Keroc said:

The only unique things I've gotten so far are a Squirtle (non-starter, already have a Charmander) and a Staryu. Anyone gotten anything really cool? Any sneaky legendaries?

I got a Bulbasaur.

• I got a Gastly on my way to breakfast, and passed a Drowzee but wasn't at a spot to stop and try catching it :(
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Buford said:

I got a Gastly on my way to breakfast, and passed a Drowzee but wasn't at a spot to stop and try catching it :(

Do you have to trade a haunter to get gengar? He's my favorite pokemon
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I had decided I wasn't going to install this but y'all are making me reconsider. MY CHILDHOOD
    Zaila
  • Jensen said:

Buford said:

I got a Gastly on my way to breakfast, and passed a Drowzee but wasn't at a spot to stop and try catching it :(

Do you have to trade a haunter to get gengar? He's my favorite pokemon
    I have nooo idea what you have to do for that, I'm still learning myself.
    Emelle said:

I had decided I wasn't going to install this but y'all are making me reconsider. MY CHILDHOOD

I wasn't going to do it, and then everybody else was talking about it and I had to. It's really pretty fun.
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    edited July 2016
    Kills my battery though.

Ok, the raccoon catdog bushy-tailed orange stripey guys are Growlithes. Apparently what looked like electricity fizzles was NOT it in itself, but the gym.

Anyone know what these heart-petal-sparkly-whatever pokestops are? There's one like 6 blocks away I might try to check out during lunch. (upper left corner)

(Thank you Pools people for being so patient with me)
    Emelle
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Just for you, @Emelle, though I can't promise consistency.

https://twitter.com/_Antehe
    Emelle
    If people want to chat about Pokemon Go, hit me up on Skype - Sol.Lunare.

• AnteheAntehe Immortal
    The servers be struggling haaaard! But I caught that caterpillar!
    EmelleSolaria
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'm considering it, but may wait a few days to see if the servers settle down a bit. In the meantime, has anyone joined one of the three teams yet? If so, which ones?
  • I can't get this thingy onto my phone, so I must insist on more people chronicling their Pokedventures.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    #teammystic

@zortania is where you can follow me. I'll try to do updates sometimes.

• KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    Wtb Caterpie and Eevee. Two I can't seem to find in my travels but desperately NEED/WANT. 

My boss is getting tired of finding me aimlessly wandering the street outside of work. Or aimlessly wandering the office. This is so much fun. 

Almost as fun as listening to @Antehe and her names for the Pokémon. 

I have managed to get a Ghastly and a Clefairy though. Found beneath my desk. Kinda weirded out about that. 
    Kelliara
    Will trade Caterpie and Eevee for Ghastly and Clefairy hnghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Eevee's are more common than Rattata's here I swear to god.

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    I caught a second Squirtle just before I went to bed last night. Seems like my house is teeming with them.
    Draiman said:

Eevee's are more common than Rattata's here I swear to god.

I'm yet to even see one here. 90% Pidgey, Rattata, and Zubat.