Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• @Oleis or @Razmael‌ Any chance of making Clans go for credits as well as gold?

Much easier to buy things in credits then it is gold...
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    You will probably get a better deal by selling credits and using that gold to buy a clan than you would if we put a fixed credit price on clans, what with price fluctuations.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Except you can't sell bound credits.
  • I would love to see a column for warhound current level in the Hound list display pretty pretty please?
  • Wait... are warhounds like Lusternia figurine battles now?

Politics
  • mmm...not really, since they gain levels similar to Lusternia pets (go kill stuff with them with you). BUT you CAN engage in doggy eugenics.
  • Sounds like Goodell's version of Pokemon.

Politics
  • edited September 2014
    The NFL commish?
    Edit: OOOH, Goebbels, the Nazi guy.
  • Hahha, no Goodell was the only name I could remember from my Ethics classes regarding eugenics that didn't have Nazi ties.. that I could think of. I was trying to avoid making a Germany refernce.

Politics
  • Add limited uses to cigarettes? Maybe ten or twenty draws until it runs out, because at the moment you can use the same cigarette as a prop for a RL month.

Politics
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited September 2014
    Moirean said:

@Oleis‌ What Moirean said, And seems even a 2nd hand clan goes for over 75+ credits.

The maths at present is something like 4000 a credit, which is like 125 creds for 500k?

Also makes it easier for cities to buy clans, and saves them on gold
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Nalor said:

Moirean said:

@Oleis‌ What Moirean said, And seems even a 2nd hand clan goes for over 75+ credits.

The maths at present is something like 4000 a credit, which is like 125 creds for 500k?

Shoot, make it easier for cities to -sell- clans. There are a ton of unused clans in both cities and guilds that need to be unlinked and just sold. Be nice to be able to unlink a clan to an organization if it has no use.

ArekaErzsebet
  • Solaria said:

Nalor said:

Moirean said:

Shoot, make it easier for cities to -sell- clans. There are a ton of unused clans in both cities and guilds that need to be unlinked and just sold. Be nice to be able to unlink a clan to an organization if it has no use.

That too.. whenever I get around 150k its more like "Oh look, a Chest" .. so never managed to save 500k for a clan..
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    New idea! Perhaps we could incorporate a sort of 'hardcore' mode in the future. This could tie into lessers, PvP, bashing/hunting, you name it! The purpose of this would be to make it feel more 'real' in everyday life, with the ability to turn it on/off once per year.

Anyone with this 'hardcore' mode toggled on would lose massive amounts of experience when killed, but also be returned much more experience with kills/hunting (Within reason, like upper tier bashing areas.)

Just an idea!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

EleanorAarbrokZsadist
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Trager said:

New idea! Perhaps we could incorporate a sort of 'hardcore' mode in the future. This could tie into lessers, PvP, bashing/hunting, you name it! The purpose of this would be to make it feel more 'real' in everyday life, with the ability to turn it on/off once per year.

Anyone with this 'hardcore' mode toggled on would lose massive amounts of experience when killed, but also be returned much more experience with kills/hunting (Within reason, like upper tier bashing areas.)

Just an idea!

I'd pay for a hardcore mode that reset my lvl to 1 and allowed me to change name. And if I got endgame granted me a special race choice not available to other peeps that aren't hardcore. I'd even take an increased XP loss with this feature! :D *

* Gimme war system first.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Ishin
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    A war turtle blinks into existence and falls into line behind Benedicto.

Can we please make this not show a room-wide message? It's rather silly.
    KonnornBenedicto
  • Can we also make so they don't return and fall in line when people are in phase? It sortof ruins the fun of phasing.

Ishin
  • Sibatti said:

A war turtle blinks into existence and falls into line behind Benedicto.

Can we please make this not show a room-wide message? It's rather silly.

Blastoise uses return.
    It's SUPER SILLY!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• I'd just like to be able to -find- my pet half the time.

Stupid critter. I -knew- I should have got something docile like a donkey.
    Angwe
  • Haven said:
    New idea! Perhaps we could incorporate a sort of 'hardcore' mode in the future. This could tie into lessers, PvP, bashing/hunting, you name it! The purpose of this would be to make it feel more 'real' in everyday life, with the ability to turn it on/off once per year. Anyone with this 'hardcore' mode toggled on would lose massive amounts of experience when killed, but also be returned much more experience with kills/hunting (Within reason, like upper tier bashing areas.) Just an idea!
    I'd pay for a hardcore mode that reset my lvl to 1 and allowed me to change name. And if I got endgame granted me a special race choice not available to other peeps that aren't hardcore. I'd even take an increased XP loss with this feature! :D * * Gimme war system first.
    I'd want this too. Though I'm undecided if I want just the tiniest concession, of letting us keep the endgame cure ability. Just for Pvp purposes. A health and mana knock is doable, but I'm not sure I can live without my renew. :3
    IshinAarbrokTrager
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I like the idea of the auction house but I think it would be nice for there to be an AUCTION HISTORY, that shows all of the last transactions sold by the auction house. Instead of a six-day log though, it would be nice if it were just a recording of all transactions (like maybe the last 20-50). It would be nice to see if things actually SELL at the prices they're going for on the auction listings.
    KerrynIshin
  • I kinda with the auction hall worked as more of a free market thing where people could sell whatever. It DOES sort of function as such in a loose sort of way. But I almost feel like it could be better somehow.
  • @Aishia‌ I feel like with the buy out only option it is essentially a big shop for players without shops. I would not be opposed to allowing a buyout with a minimum bid, but not just a buyout. Defeats the purpose of an AUCTION house when most of the stuff isn't for auction but just for sale at and overpriced price. 
    Erzsebet
  • The mechanics work fine. The main problem is market size. We don't have a large enough supply/demand/buyers/sellers for it to function as an efficient market mechanism.
    Zsadist
    It would be cool to have a CURRENCY command. This could show all the various currencies we have: credits, bound credits, membership credits, gold on hand, gold in bank, racetrack tickets, tickets for the Delve faire, various sorts of tokens, etc. It would also create an opportunity to add in things down the line like city/guild point systems (currently players script/manually track that sort of thing) or rewards earned for factions, event prizes, etc etc. Lots of potential.
    ElieRiluoIshin
    Please remove ylem shards, bullseyes and hearts from giftbags, or make them secondary things to another minor prize. It feels like admin think these are worth more than they are. Shards are worth like 150g. Bullseyes and hearts are worth like 500 gold. Getting either of these as your only prize is just painful.
    ArekaTarleichLimSolariaJensenBenedictoErzsebet
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @razmael @oleis please can we have technique scrolls work on the new scythe hunting attacks, because you love us so much o:)

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Can bug deletions and credit payments be sent as a message even if the person is online, as these things are easy to miss in spam. Along those lines, can messages from Aetolia be divided into multiple categories? In particular, can decay messages have their own sender, or own way of handling deletions (MSG DELETE DECAY) so it's easy to clear out decay message spam without losing cool messages about earning positions or being paid for something or whatnot.
    ArekaIshin
  • Moirean said:

Please remove ylem shards, bullseyes and hearts from giftbags, or make them secondary things to another minor prize. It feels like admin think these are worth more than they are. Shards are worth like 150g. Bullseyes and hearts are worth like 500 gold. Getting either of these as your only prize is just painful.

Yeah, I agree with this. At least for the relic promo, trading in the pieces got us a decent yield. Giftbags feel a bit like you're buying all or nothing. Either getting a minor prize, or getting, I say this with fullest respect, worthless stuff.

Aside, I was wondering if it were possible to get a 1-2 day grace period warning of what the new promotion is, every month.

That way if we don't like the upcoming promo, we can elect to make full use of the previous month's one. For example, I would have made my purchase at 40% credit bonus instead of giftbags (in their current iteration).

I think I'll wait for next month's promo (or if I get lucky and catch a high probability window).
    MoireanIshinRiluoAarbrok
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Yeah giftbags are pretty bad now. I got 20 and it was all bullseyes, ink and useless stuff I just dump in my shop in hope it -might- sell one year :neutral_face:

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Benedicto