Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Erzsebet said:

@Oleis or @Razmael or someone--

RE: Shopkeeper system--would it be possible, to get a condition for reactions that is simply 'NOT being a member of X'?

Want them to greet Ve'kahi differently than everyone else, but since I still want them to greet non-'kahi, too, right now it just results in the people in Ve'kahi getting both greetings. :<

...also, could GREET, NOD, and HI possibly be considered emotes for the purposes of things they'll react to? I can frown or smile or gnaw or whatever on this mob and she'll talk my ear off, but if I actively greet her to say hello, I get the cold shoulder. >.>

...and a way to set the gender flag? Defaults to male, apparently, so now my female mob has all male pronouns. >.>

Raz told me to make a thread with feedback about the shopkeepers. I put my stuff there for easily compilation for him: http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/comment/59507
  • Could we get a command, either available to certain elected 'leaders' of each tether or available to us individually, to switch tether? You could easily avoid abuse by limiting it to a respectable time, but it is a great big pain to be a) unable to use classes without joining the city and b) unable to RP using those classes because of a combat thing, without joining the city.

• Do you really need leaders to do it? This might get slammed for making it a bit callous but could we get an NPC to do it or just a coded way? That way there wouldn't be so much of a bottle neck or a certain person you HAVE to RP with, especially if all of them went dormant.

Politics
  • Well, I think the thing is it'd be an OOC, mechanical thing. The point is that tethers weren't ever intended to hinder RP. They were intended for game balance when it comes to PVP.

You don't RP 'changing your tether'. Plus, it's not like it happens all that often.
  • Oh...

You don't?

Politics
    Tethers are just there so you don't have someone with Luminary class joining Bloodloch or someone quitting Duiran to grab Carnifex while still being a Sentinel. They are really just a mechanical thing, and I've never seen people RP suddenly losing knowledge/ability to use the opposite tether's skills (Moi still manipulates plants in her garden) but rather treating it as a change in mindset, further backed up by the fact that opposite tether skills just go dormant (ie you still retain them) when you swap.

The issue Rashar is talking about is that your active tether doesn't swap until you join a city, so if you want to switch sides you can't do it as a rogue. He's currently stuck with shadow classes and can't get Luminary or whatever, and he has to join a city to change it.

Being able to just type TETHER ACTIVATE SPIRIT or whatever would be an easy solution, I think. Put an extensive CD of 1-5 IG years on it, overwritten by joining a city, to stop rogues from using all the classes but still let true side-hoppers go crazy in their back and forth.
    LimAarbrokHavenIshin
  • So it dawned on me and figured I could post the idea here. During world events and arena events, make any benefits that are not accessible to everyone be negated. For example:

A Starfall is about to begin. Congregation A gets a blessing, as does Order B and C. If you're not a member of any of those organizations, you're at a severe disadvantage because the people with blessings can get divine_speed and by default move 50% faster than you, which equates to finding more meteorites. Negate the blessing bonus for that duration, but don't have it detract from time length of the blessing. Basically put it on pause. That way you're not "punished" for having a blessing.

Similarly, during any combat event, those same people have +1 to all their stats on top of being able to move faster.

Just a thought.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    What would you do then with artifacts? Or are those considered 'accessible to everyone'?

Though with blessings, you can call one upon yourself through the research trees, it lasts for an hour.
  • It lasts a RL day actually.

But it's only once per year or some such.
    Aha! Thank you. I've only used it once.

It does have a silly cooldown though. I understand not once a day, but maybe once every 6 days would be better.

But, still, there's options, some at least, and other things to balance (ylem amulets for stats - I don't know if these stack with blessings or not), and with knowing the schedule in advance, can better plan.
  • Areka said:
    What would you do then with artifacts? Or are those considered 'accessible to everyone'? Though with blessings, you can call one upon yourself through the research trees, it lasts for an hour.
    It seems like a mixed bag on "pay to win". Generally speaking, if you've paid for the artifacts then go for it, that is the revenue of the game and I can play for whatever amount of investment I want to put into the game, either free or a thousand dollars or what have you. 

If something becomes required to have a realistic chance of competing, and someone can't obtain that so they effectively are not able to compete, it is no longer a competition.

If I get my research blessing, it is good for two events at most. Then I am out for the rest of the celebration. Maybe my suggestion should be of you're going to hand pick people to compete, remove the transparency (global messaging) because ignorance is bliss. 

Give me equality or give me Artifice! 
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    It goes both ways, I don't want to be punished because I've spent money here.
    Alissandra
  • You can get a blessing a whole lot easier than an artifact, and for zero gold - and often, zero real work.

-Hunt regularly and offer to one or many Gods. Alternatively, PK a lot and offer those instead.
    -Do some cool RP things and get blessed for it.
    -Offer to fight Damariel over Mariena
    -Join a Congregation, or an Order
    -Craft things and donate them to Orders and such
    -Raise or sanctify shrines for people who need it done
    -Don't try and noose Damariel at the Four Corners

Nobody's forcing you to not join a Congregation, you know? Though it does suck with a lot of darkie Gods gone lately.
    ArekaAlissandraAshmer
  • @Jensen‌ Which is why artifacts really aren't that detrimental. Unless I am overlooking an OP artifact power, if you spend the credits, you should reap the largely nominal benefits. 

@Rashar‌ I am in a Congregation. I think the Order got the blessing. I do offer essence to wherever it is needed. The point I am trying to get at is that ultimately it is out of my control entirely. 

Either the situation can be changed or I have to change my thinking. Given the overwhelming negative response to the suggestion, I will temper my expectations and competitive spirit from here on out.
    Order leaders can BOON, not bless. Boon doesn't improve stats. Unfortunately it also doesn't benefit the congregation, something us OHs have been wanting for a long time.

Darkies are basically going to be blessing-less for these entire games, as the latest event killed off our last active God. Given how sporadic divine play has been lately, it really would be nice if we could get congregation boon as an order priv.

It would also be nice if the blessing from ylem was repeatable - perhaps have it cost ylem shards or a bunch of offered essence or something, as one 1-day blessing in 2 weeks isn't going to cover very much gameplay.
    TragerIshinRasharAlissandraFaerah
  • Maghak was killed off? I thought he was just off licking wounds.

Politics
    He's not dead forever, I think, not like Lleis or Niuri, but he's functionally out of action, so I don't expect any favors from him until he's recovered.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    The Million Dollar Maghak.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    SetneAarbrokAshmer
  • edited October 2014
    Is there any way we can up the total amount an org leader can withdraw per month from 100,000 to 500,000? I understand this is to protect the organizations from leaders running off with their gold... But can we just have Admin oversight for abusive org leaders instead? I am sure the overwhelming majority of the org leaders in the game are not going to run off with their org's gold.

Examples where this was a pain:
    1. Trying to make a 284,250 gold purchase of bulk commodities from Spinesreach;
    2. Trying to make additions to the Guildhall (new rooms cost over 100K for us);
    3. Trying to add features to rooms (most are over 1 million gold, so withdrawing in 100K segments would take quite a long time);
    An increase from 100,000 to 500,000 would help alleviate some of these problems.

Edit: Alternatively, building improvements and payments to the city affiliated org could be done by direct withdraw/transfer from the account. That way the leaders never touch the gold in the first place for those things.
    KerrynMoireanAreka
    Been asking for this for years. Being able to build directly from guild funds would be great.

For room feature upgrades, Raz tends to withdraw directly from city/guild. Keep an eye on him. He's sneaky. Totally took an extra three million from Spines once. (ie, remind him about the ylem 50% discount)
    Ylem discount went in like, 2-3 days after I'd done the 4mil arena room upgrade in Templar. :(
    Spinesreach totes needs an aquarium
    Ashmer
    Omg not the mermaid requests again...
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Only instead of water, all of the tanks are full of Liquid Steel.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Setne
    I need spinesreach to have sharks, this may or may not relate to the prison.
    Ishin

JensenIshinTragerInfin
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Don't think you can request aquariums, or at least not extensive ones. I tried getting a few for Enorian's university, but I was told it was a no-go for anything larger than the standard aquariums you can buy in Delve, and even then, aquariums aren't supposed to be widespread. Maybe things, have changed, I dunno. But shark tank might be a no. >_>
    Build 8 water rooms and an observation platform!
    MoireanIshin
    edited October 2014
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it would be fine to build some rooms in the city menagerie that are "aquarium"-esque. It's on my to-do list, just we keep getting sidetracked by MERMAIDS OMG MERMAIDS -_-

I mean, bear (teehee pun) in mind, this would be going in the Spirean fairgrounds, so it'd be more like some bath tubs filled with gin and drunken fish, rather than some huge engineering feat...
    Setne