Lore questions.

Comments

• You will find that a lot of event mobs (and a number of upcoming mob types for super secret area projects) will make use of curatives. Previously it has mostly been due to the segregation of story and mechanics; some examples off the top of my head of mobs that are bucking the trend are the Nazedha troops and more recently Talon Reneshfi (although she was never attacked).
    Three men walk into a café, take a corner booth, and wait for context.
    Haven
  • edited February 2015
    Toz said:

What was Jhakor's real story? Lonely guy chilling out there in Ollin has to have a reason, right?

This is unfortunately something that hasn't been well documented. I will have a poke around in the existing files for notes on his background and make a post here if I find anything insightful.

Judging by the progs and lack of results from searching, he is simply a shipwrecked Paladin.

Three men walk into a café, take a corner booth, and wait for context.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    What are Havens?

• HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Serrice said:

What are Havens?

You're so strong upon your ascension, you carve out little reality pockets that are bound to your being. Yay!

IshinEmelle
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    There is only one and I belong to no one!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    You'd have to log in for that?
    KerrynObynErzsebetTeaniIshin
  • What's the highest temperature on average in the realm of Aetolia? And is there any lore reason it's stupidly cold all the time, even in places described as tropical?
    imageimage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    To encourage us to wear clothing. Alas, it has yet to work. LOOKING AT YOU, LIN.
    Ishin
  • Moirean said:

To encourage us to wear clothing. Alas, it has yet to work. LOOKING AT YOU, LIN.

Well, I really like how I'm scantily-clad when I have seven layers of clothing. That eighth parka though puts me up to... oh wait, I don't even know what comes after scantily-clad! CLEARLY the game is telling us not that it it is cold and we should put clothes on, but it is gauging whether we are doing Aetolia right -- very mudsexy!
    IshinErzsebetXenia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    IVE EVEN GOT A HAT
    AlissandraDidi
  • edited February 2015
    what the general racial description of the Nazetu? I mean like how Grecht are Bats, Atavians are humans with wings, Horkval are insects..

and also, I kinda half <3 the fact that Nazetu Cutters are actually representative of the first image that comes to mind when one thinks of a "cutter"... including the dyed black long matted hair an the large number of knives...and wrist-scars. large number of wrist scars.

edit: Spelling, improper word usage. sleepy brain is sleepy.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I always pictured them something like Uruk-hai
    Alissandra
  • Aishia said:

I always pictured them something like Uruk-hai

..uhhh...I'm sorry... I'm not sure what that looks like either..

so far I've got something that looks distinctly emo...and something that reminds me of a lot of religious images in Buddhism..
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited February 2015

Nazetu, from the racial artwork thingy.

http://imgur.com/a/KCcjo#13
  • I think I can beat that thing up.
    Trigru[Deleted User]TragerHaven
  • Rashar said:

I think I can beat that thing up.

It'd probably write bad poetry about you in response.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ErzsebetIshinHavenLim
  • edited February 2015
    It is my understanding (and maybe it's best not to quote me on this, since it's an area of the lore I feel a bit fuzzy on) that Nazetu are ashen-skinned humanoids with vaguely reptilian features. Many are prone to what might traditionally be considered unattractive features - misshapen or grotesque body parts, highly visible open sores, slime and filth, etch. A lot of this comes from the race's traditional association with Chakrasul, corruption, and the chaos plane.
    HavenAngweTeani
  • Going from what @Obyn was saying - Nazetu tend toward dark skin colors ranging through greys, greens, and blacks, and possess vaguely reptilian features. Many secrete slime, and some do not grow hair - if they do, it is uniformly black. These differences in appearance are probably reflective of different ethnic groups within the Nazetu race that have since been absorbed under a couple of headings (these chiefly being the mainland Nazetu and the islander Nazedha.) While Nazetu could tell the differences between mainland and island Nazetu, others outside of the race might be harder-pressed to recognize the tells.
    ArekaSakylObynHaven
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Lore-wise, how do we explain the shift in deities--in the sense that the new players know nothing of the old ones agreements and exploits and all unless they were involved as players before they went up.
    imageimage
  • Erzsebet said:
    Lore-wise, how do we explain the shift in deities--in the sense that the new players know nothing of the old ones agreements and exploits and all unless they were involved as players before they went up.
    I always kinda liked the 'You aren't that special' explanation. In the grand scheme of things, for a being of near infinite power, you are lucky they can kinda remember your names sometimes. Probably not the best way to look at it, but that is my head canon at least.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

HavenTeani
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Erzsebet said:

The divine of Sapience are resoundingly unstable as hell, but people sure do love flocking to them en masse.

ObynArbreAldric
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    <3
    Which makes sense on an individual basis, but not regarding huge arcs of their own creation?
    imageimage
  • Even on arcs of their own creation. If a god ends up taking another shell, it is a very traumatic thing, both for the mortal who is being taken as a shell - they're essentially destroyed in the process - and for the god in question. Drastic personality shifts can occur as a result.
    Not talking about when they take another shell ICly. I mean when the god is just taken up by a new volunteer.
    imageimage
  • edited March 2015
    In that case you have to understand that the previous volunteer may have left minimal notes regarding what arcs the character had going, if they left any information for whomever comes after at all. It is one of those things where we try to document stuff but sometimes things just get lost depending on where notes are being kept. In essence, try not to take it personally if a god doesn't acknowledge something that they had agreed to in the past because the player behind the god might not even know about it.

Edit: If you're asking how to rationalize something like that icly? I personally would go with the explanation that the gods are, to be blunt, fickle. Sort of like the Greek pantheon.
    Haven
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Do you guys have any sort of nifty secret tracking thing to add notes about rp arcs with players? Eg I have one on my system that let's me keep running notes about players to review later. Something like that would be helpful for divine imo.
    edited March 2015
    That was the question, yeah. OOCly I get it. ICly, it doesn't make sense that said god wouldn't know these types of things. Not the personal individual arcs, those are easy enough to handwaive because of what Toz said, but the bigger ones...kinda just make me facepalm.

Though. There should totally be a way to bring current god's players up to speed with any arcs one had going with them, as an aside. No real way to do it ICly without the God admitting they don't have any bloody clue what you're talking about or without otherwise coming off as presumptuous, for telling a god their affairs.

Unrelated: Was having an argument with another player about the viability of Yeleni vampires. I know it isn't viable in part because of the darkside playerbase, and Bloodlochian laws, but lore-wise, are there conflicts? I was told by a previous Niuri that I could have a Yeleni Vampire if I wanted to, that she'd shift me to it personally, I just chose not to, because of the aforementioned social roadblocks. So presumably it's not entirely anathema, assuming the roleplay of the character in question fits. Though. I also suspect Abhorash would have an epic-scale hissy fit, if vampires started becoming yeleni.

Tangentially related: Helpfile says their prowess is only rivaled by Azudim, their opposing force/counterpart. Is this because of an outdated helpfile, or are the Idreth weaker than their counterparts, lore-wise.
    imageimage
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Moirean said:

Do you guys have any sort of nifty secret tracking thing to add notes about rp arcs with players? Eg I have one on my system that let's me keep running notes about players to review later. Something like that would be helpful for divine imo.

Yes.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    MoireanGhend
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I think Jensen is a Yeleni vampire.

Moirean[Deleted User]