Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• So, everyone hates Moirean. At the very least, I doubt she's an Indorani. No way they would have known she'd be protected, since the Jailer is alive and the Wildcard can't replicate the ability. She may still be a Conclave member, though. Either way, she's at least a definite no vote today.

So we're at a 3/24 chance for picking off an Indo. 8 or 9 out of 24 for a bad guy in general.

Vote: Meskhenet

You've been quiet all game. Not even a vote in the first round, though you've been lurking about like you are now.

• Yea, you know. A little less than half chance for offing a baddie isn't super terrible, plus feeling a little vindicated by the failed attempt to off the other especially mouthy chick. 

I think shining a spotlight on the silent ones is a good plan. 

I'll bite.

Vote: Meskhenet
    imageimage
  • It's certainly interesting that Moirean was so heavily-targeted by so many people, though I'm not quite sure if I'm willing to chalk that up to anything more than mere coincidence at this point.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I am still a bit perturbed that Alexina was so willing to see me slaughtered without any reason aside from personal distaste or chance.  Someone so willing to just charge in with a pointed finger without justification certainly cannot be a good person.

I have my suspicions...call it a hunch.

VOTE: Alexina
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Aarbrok said:
    I am still a bit perturbed that Alexina was so willing to see me slaughtered without any reason aside from personal distaste or chance.  Someone so willing to just charge in with a pointed finger without justification certainly cannot be a good person.

Kind of how you didn't provide justification for how you voted, huh?

Aarbrok said:

Aarbrok said:
    Logic it is....bandwagon hooooo!!!!

VOTE: No Lynch

I still think it was a bad idea to no lynch the first round, and we're all just lucky that the Indorani managed to target the same person that got jailed. Saying that I did it for personal distaste or chance just seems like you're trying to discredit me, just as the whole 'I have my suspicions and hunches' is not really a very sound argument. So I am not really sure where you are going here.

Basically, I could had voted for any of the people jumping on the no lynch bandwagon without any real justification as I was hoping we'd start hitting either the Indorani or a Conclave member (you just happened to be the most recent one to have posted when I read the thread). I honestly didn't see much of a point switching my vote to some other random no-lyncher as the day progressed, which would only have made me look like an evil, bad vampire person. When I placed my first day round, I didn't think that you were necessarily an Indorani or or Conclave member; I merely felt that we were wasting a potential day round doing nothing. The outcome of the day night sort of make me feel that I wasn't incorrect in my assumption.

Like I wrote at the beginning of this day: time for the second day one round.
    I am messing up the quote buttons. Alas! My point was that no lynching is bad, even in a game with lots of civilians. People claim that there is too big of chance to hit a Rellyw. I claim that if we hit an Indorani, we've reduced their numbers by 33%.
  • Annnnnd this is why we should have voted for someone this round. Asides from dont kill Moi Moi we are no closer to resolution.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    No we're not really claiming that hitting rellyw is bad. We're saying that hitting a conclave is bad since it jumps us right into 2 night kills at once, meaning that we're only going for three people (the Indorani) out of 25 total with the lynches. THAT is bad; those odds are horrid. 

How can you say we're exactly where we've started? We have five pages of logic to mull over, a series of night actions that we know a LOT of details about thanks to the Warden, a tentatively confirmed (I'd wait to see if the Warden can clarify stuff/wait for another note to potentially prove this one false) innocent, and whatever info the Syssin managed to find.

I think a lot of people are hooked on their preconceptions with other games and latching onto strategies that they've seen work before. This game is dramatically different and we can't assume the same tactics will work here.
    Macavity
  • Are you recommending we have another NoLynch round, then?

Potentially. Ideally, no - depends what the Syssin learned.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    depends if the Syssin learned anything at all...that could have been a person that has not gotten into the thread yet and may be late to join
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • I made my opinion quite clear the previous day. I was against a nolynch for the sake of progress. Everyone else seemed to disagree.

By the time I cam back to try and decide who I wanted to vote for, the round was over. And apparently my penchant for only speaking when necessary was missed entirely the last time around.

All we have at the moment is that Moirean is likely a goodie. That's it.

I will vote when there is logic to do so.

• Interesting. This would prove that Moirean is not an indorani ... I wonder if the fact that no conclave attacked anyone would also prove that she's not in either conclave?

@Omei - if the conclaves are at 3-3 and a member of one is jailed, does it mean that the other conclave temporarily gains the factional kill, or does the jailed member still count?

Then again, the other conclave could have chosen not to use the kill even if they had it to avoid casting suspicion.

Hm hm, so far so good, but we should probably do some voting this time.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Ilyon said:
    Interesting. This would prove that Moirean is not an indorani ... I wonder if the fact that no conclave attacked anyone would also prove that she's not in either conclave?

@Omei - if the conclaves are at 3-3 and a member of one is jailed, does it mean that the other conclave temporarily gains the factional kill, or does the jailed member still count?

Then again, the other conclave could have chosen not to use the kill even if they had it to avoid casting suspicion.

Hm hm, so far so good, but we should probably do some voting this time.
    ^^ THAT is a VERY good question!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Roleblocks, if exercised at night, temporarily remove a member from the coalition. This results in the advantaged Conclave temporarily gaining a factional kill if used under the right circumstances, yes.

i am rapture coder
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I think agreeing on someone to lynch would be a good idea. I know there are risks involved, but I doubt Omei will hold off from her random picking of a victim if we continue to nolynch. Seeing as we don't know what the Syssin learned yet, and there is no safe role to speak up for us, it's still pretty random.

Everyone has actually posted in the thread now, and I'm trying to form a small breakdown of things (who voted for what, who has posted and not). Some have just posted to throw a vote and nothing else since then (Xenia and Aren), while others have not voted at all (Aryanne, Desian, Esper, Kaeus, Meskhenet, and Piper). Just handing out what information I have at the moment. I need to think some more before voting.

• Does it bother anyone else we have five pages of information, but only one post from Desian??

• No. Not really.

You need to get over your obsession with quiet being inherently guilty. 
  • Quiet is not inherently guilty, but it does strongly imply being guilty.

• It is not that at all Llok, not once have I ever said those being quiet are guilty. Every game I saw with Desian in it was very fun and he posted just as much is Moirean is now. Since you want to imply I have an obsession,  I just really do not like you so:

Vote Llok

Yeah and look what happens - EVERYONE targets their roles on you. :(

Organizationally, are we generally in agreement that I am innocent? If so, yall could use me as a contact point to coordinate our power roles.
    Uh, we are in agreement that the jailer picked you to protect you. That doesn't mean you couldn't be member of either Conclave, no?
  • Damonicus said:
    Does it bother anyone else we have five pages of information, but only one post from Desian??
    Why would it bother us other than to imply the guilt of Desian? Here comes the perma focus of Damonicus!
    This is  why I wanted to see which Conclaves in particular did what. If science, for example, targetted me, that'd prove I'm not rebel.

Also, if I were conclave, I really wouldn't have pushed as hard as I did for no lynch...for the reasons I've given as to why we gained from not lynch - Conclave gains either way from a lynch, with only a very small chance of losing someone. I mean, I guess I could be a Conclave member, but I'd be playing a very convoluted and unnecessarily risky game - you saw how it put me out to be targetted - and that really just isn't worth the risk this early on in the game. So, basically, yeah, I'm not Conclave because I would be a lot more subtle with my attempts to steer stuff if I were.
  • I think it is likely that you are indeed innocent, but it feels risky to rely on that too much, as misdirection is not unheard of.

I also don't really want to deal with Llok's convoluted logic attempts, so unless a better candidate exists ...

VOTE: Llok

• Ilyon said:
    I think it is likely that you are indeed innocent, but it feels risky to rely on that too much, as misdirection is not unheard of.

I also don't really want to deal with Llok's convoluted logic attempts, so unless a better candidate exists ...

VOTE: Llok
    My logic so far hasn't been even slightly convoluted in this particular game. Notice that I have not accused anyone of anything. Nor have I been the loudest voice in this game so far.

If you want plain stupid and lack of logic being rid of then may I redirect you to:

Damonicus said:
     Since you want to imply I have an obsession,  I just really do not like you so:

Vote Llok

Llok said:
    You need to get over your obsession 

Imply indeed. lol.
    Moirean posts that we have five pages of analysis. You follow the vote of Damonicus which is based on nothing bar the dislike he's brought over from last game? Kay logic master.
  • It is not logic it is a personal vendetta, you want to joke about drinking yourself into a stupor and dying when I have lost family to alcohol and just recently had a friend kill himself by torching himself,. DAMN right I am going to have an obssession.

• Moi: I'm going to agree also that just because you were jailed doesn't necessarily mean you're innocent, you likely could still be part of one of the conclaves - which is fine, for now.

I feel like Damonicus is likely rellyw, or at least I'd hope he wouldn't do something so foolish as blatantly stating he's voting solely off of a personal vendetta if he had a power role.

I'm inclined to follow the Llok train simply because he tends to be somewhat of a headache in mafia games and he's difficult to get a read on.

..But then again, Desian doesn't half-heartedly play mafia. His quietness lately IS awfully suspicious.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Does anyone have anything to say to defend Llok?

Now, I haven't witnessed Desian in any other games, so I can't draw any conclusions from a comparison, but Desian has been very quiet indeed. No vote at all, simply stating that he shouldn't be killed early on because killing an experienced Mafia player early is a bad idea.

Also, since Llok is defending Desian, it could well mean they both belong to the same group and one has decided to be more vocal to draw away attention from the more quiet one.

Vote Llok

• That's really Teaniuous.