Short Questions

Comments

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Zsadist said:
    @Razmael, @Keroc, @Hadrak, @Adminteam, Is it possible to make the different sections of the Artifact Cart on the website collapsable/expandable?
    Not something any of us have the ability to change, unfortunately. But I'll bring it up with those that can.
    Zsadist
  • I had a bit on at least one, if not three of my four mounts. One was my Rojalli, I know this for a fact because I commonly rode the thing around. The other was the Crab because it was an easily killable mount just based on the presence of the crab target in a number of hunting grounds. and my Kelki had one too.

I go to check for runed bits. NONE OF THEM HAVE RUNED BITS ATTACHED. What the heck happened?! I know they've not been under attack..they've all been in the stable for a period of time, sure, but none of them could've been put in any situation where they would have lost their bit..is something wrong here?
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I just checked all of my mounts too, and most of them haven't been moved out of the stable in a really long time. I'm pretty sure I had bits on all of them, and none of them have bits now. I had at least three done because they were from quests/hard to get.
  • @Razmael

I just NOW attached a bit to my Taerilan...and I don't see it on my Taerilan's desc... what's up guys?
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • @Sarita, @Xandren: I would HIGHLY suggest issuing yourselves about the issue. Its much more likely to get traction and be seen and informed to him that way.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Saturnine
    Bits have never shown up on the mount's desc as far as I can tell. Seems like an obvious thing to change though to avoid this confusion in the future, so I'll do that sometime soon.
  • Razmael said:

Bits have never shown up on the mount's desc as far as I can tell. Seems like an obvious thing to change though to avoid this confusion in the future, so I'll do that sometime soon.

@Razmael: I got a bunch of these lines on various mounts on lots of logs, if it helps.
    A massive obsidian-shelled hermit crab is equipped with the following:
    a runed steel bit

Somewhat related, I had a mount get squished 4 times in that survivor event @Cariv organized. It lost the bit, but the fact that it came back 3 extra times. Shouldn't it keep the bit if it's not going to die in the arena? Not sure if there was a recent change, as I haven't replaced the bit yet...and it might still be there but not showing.
    Yero said:

Razmael said:

@Razmael: I got a bunch of these lines on various mounts on lots of logs, if it helps.
    A massive obsidian-shelled hermit crab is equipped with the following:
    a runed steel bit

Somewhat related, I had a mount get squished 4 times in that survivor event @Cariv organized. It lost the bit, but the fact that it came back 3 extra times. Shouldn't it keep the bit if it's not going to die in the arena? Not sure if there was a recent change, as I haven't replaced the bit yet...and it might still be there but not showing.
    That's weird, I can't even see where that would show up considering the physical bit item is deleted after it's fastened to the mount. Make sure you're using the FASTEN command for the bit and not just giving the bit to the mount.
    edited July 2016
    For what it's worth, I've always used fasten, and I remember it showing up on the probe too at least the first few times when I checked to see if I had done it right. I don't have logs as proof or anything, but what Yero posted looks exactly like what I've seen.
  • Razmael said:

That's weird, I can't even see where that would show up considering the physical bit item is deleted after it's fastened to the mount. Make sure you're using the FASTEN command for the bit and not just giving the bit to the mount.

Yeah, I can only find one instance of me sending 'fasten bit to crab'. Unfortunately, I didn't probe it afterwards. That was on 2015-10-25. All other searches to "to crab$" are me talking to it...
    Xenia
  • @Razmael

heck, if you ask me, they might even be idea to be put on ARTIFACT LIST, with it listed as "Attached to " as the location..
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Can we get a shrine to Razmael that when you interact with it, sends you a vote link
    XeniaTeani
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Is there a way to turn off notifications for just one of my discussions?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Draiman said:
    Is there a way to turn off notifications for just one of my discussions?
    @Draiman Click the gear on the left panel then select edit profile. Then select Notification Preferences. Uncheck what you don't want.

I personally choose to only receive notices of pages I've bookmarked and tags. Least annoying options imo.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2

city research tree view commerce masonry

(Rank 6) Commerce - Masonry.

Through careful planning and management, your city and its guilds are now capable of undertaking building projects for 50% of the normal cost.

Is this strictly for city and guild buildings, or is there any chance it applies to house buildings too?
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Sarita said:

city research tree view commerce masonry

(Rank 6) Commerce - Masonry.

Through careful planning and management, your city and its guilds are now capable of undertaking building projects for 50% of the normal cost.

Is this strictly for city and guild buildings, or is there any chance it applies to house buildings too?

It -has- been strictly for city/guild buildings, or org buildings. I don't think it'll change with the stone changes, but an admin can certainly answer that better.

By house, I was referring specifically to Bahir'an, D'baen, etc. Not player houses.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Sarita said:

By house, I was referring specifically to Bahir'an, Nebre'seir, etc. Not player/dead houses.

ftfy :D
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Sarita said:

By house, I was referring specifically to Bahir'an, D'baen, etc. Not player houses.

That'd qualify as an org, so it -should- be viable for discount. I don't know if it auto-applies, though, so I'd still poke at admin-types. Imma tag @Erzsebet, because she might know from buildings they have in BL.

Trager said:

Sarita said:

By house, I was referring specifically to Bahir'an, Nebre'seir, etc. Not player/dead houses.

ftfy :D
    No, no, she had it right.

********************************[ Top Houses ]*********************************
    House Points
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D'baen 3143
    Bahir'an 2928
    Nebre'seir 2207
    Ve'kahi 1672
    *******************************************************************************

• edited July 2016
    in regards to building costs. I hafta ask...

Is that stone cost applying ONLY to building ADDITIONAL rooms? Or does one have like a 500 stone cost to build a base room in a village or something?

edit: and why does MINIPET WANDER not work in a haven?
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Keroc or Razmael will have to confirm, but the base cost is credits, it's the expansions that have shifted to commodities instead.

Havens are free to build and expand, thus have some limitations.
  • So, the report submitted for the noon sun (which is a huge disadvantage and issue for undead) was rejected on the grounds that it will be an event that deals with said noon sun damage. That's all well and good.

However, that begs the question: Is there even an event planned or lined up to deal with the noon sun, because its been a good 5-6 months since it was put in place.... seems a long time for an event to go on?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

There's a huge story arc that's been in the works for a long while, involving the Shadow Mother and Ati and Abhorash. You see, Oshlana or w/e her name is, the Shadow Mother, put some hoodoo on Ati, knowing Abh's was going to eat him. The way the hoodoo works is that so long as one single vampire remains a heathen to our current pantheon of Gods, her enemies, then Abh's will remain tied to Ati, and all buffs and debuffs will remain as well. She did this to weaken the orders who possess vampires, and it's working wonderfully.

Aetolia needs you, Zsadist, to quit being a heathen. Else we're doomed to die at noon for eternity.

TragerEmelleXenia
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    The max stats buff as Vamp is pretty beast, tho. So... stay a heathen, plox.
  • The max stat buffs are shit compared to the malus of the noon sun. More undead die from noon sun than they kill when its midnight and we're max stat'd. But... its whatever I suppose. Grin and bear it.

• @Zsadist, in the mean time, I suggest a drinking game around the noon sun, it'll probably make everything much more entertaining. Who knows, one may even exist already!

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
  • Draiman said:

There's a huge story arc that's been in the works for a long while, involving the Shadow Mother and Ati and Abhorash. You see, Oshlana or w/e her name is, the Shadow Mother, put some hoodoo on Ati, knowing Abh's was going to eat him. The way the hoodoo works is that so long as one single vampire remains a heathen to our current pantheon of Gods, her enemies, then Abh's will remain tied to Ati, and all buffs and debuffs will remain as well. She did this to weaken the orders who possess vampires, and it's working wonderfully.

Aetolia needs you, Zsadist, to quit being a heathen. Else we're doomed to die at noon for eternity.

Hang in there, vampires. Sun changes coming Soon(tm).

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AtrapoemaMissari
  • So I'm confused....

With the auctions, if I bid on something and someone else bids the same amount as me, have I been outbidded or am I still in the lead?

Cause I know I get a message saying 'You've been outbid', but when it equals the same amount I bid, I just get the 'Your bid has been raised to the same amount'.

So am I still winning or no?