Short Questions

Comments

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    The BIDS commands will show you anything you have the leading bid on. An example bidding process would look like this:

1) Current bid 100cr.
    2) You bid a maximum 200cr and take the lead, the current bid is 101.
    3) Keroc bids 120cr, but is outbid instantly by your 200cr maximum bid. Current bid is raised to 120cr.
    4) Keroc really wants that arti so he bids again for 200cr. But your maximum bid of 200cr takes precedent, so he's outbid automatically again. Current bid is raised to 200cr, and still owned by you. Keroc needs to bid 201cr or more to take lead.
    DidiZsadist
  • Hey :) Echoing the post I made in short combat questions:

I just came back after a pretty long dormancy. I'm kind of lost and trying to get myself back up to speed as soon as possible. Is there an OOC clan I can join to ask combat questions? I'm also wondering if there's a free system or a pastebin or something somewhere that I can look through to get modern affliction lines? Trying to build up a personal system to support First Aid curing as best as I can.

Thanks guys.
  • @Radakail
    Check out Source 1.3 somewhere in the Tech Talk section. Even if you don't use it, you can get a lot of lines and it might help figure some things out. Also I'm not sure for clans, but look for someone who can get you in the Kelsys Labs or Project Source clan. I think they're somewhat for combat help. Otherwise, you might have more luck with getting into the respective foci-related clans of your side (e.g. Frontline for lighties).
  • @Razmael:

Not sure if there's a thread for this, but mayhaps on the website client, show what the IP address/port the connection is going through?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• IraeIrae Six feet under.
    When exactly will the celebration end? As soon after the 2v2s are finished tomorrow? Will the stalls and things in Albedos be unavailable right after, or will there be at least a little bit of time left for last-minute purchases and games?
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    @Zsadist Port is 23, IP address is 69.65.42.194
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Irae said:

When exactly will the celebration end? As soon after the 2v2s are finished tomorrow? Will the stalls and things in Albedos be unavailable right after, or will there be at least a little bit of time left for last-minute purchases and games?

The Celebration Grounds will be open until the end of the coming week.
  • Coryn said:

@Zsadist Port is 23, IP address is 69.65.42.194

I know what port it is. Here's the thing though, if you are trying to play at an airport terminal, you might not be able to use said port if you are using mudlet as your client. Such as I was unable to connect to Aetolia via mudlet, but could connect via website client. Thus my question to see if the IP/port could be shown on login when you connect to the website client.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited August 2016
    Does anyone know if the two wyrmlings in the celebration area have different speak/dance messages? And/or what the messages are? ETA --if anyone else was curious, yes they are the same.

Unrelated, is there a reason the magic 8-ball skulls aren't trade-in-able? I had one to begin with, and now I have a couple extra.
    imageimage
  • edited August 2016
    What do lobanberries do? I walked all over the Celebration thing talking to the mobs. Nothing... no sign in the shop. Ate some... nothing. What are they for? They are riftable and edible and that is all I know. No one I have talked to seems to know either.
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    Try having a discussion with someone, or multiple someone's, after you eat one of the colors. Or a few of the colors! Have fun!
    Jules
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    loganberry crumble
    Can we have some sort of flag warning--or have it not let us, or something when someone joins an org and hasn't switched tether? Ve'kahi is negative on tophouses now, because a monk-type quit the light with syssin/monk class and joined us before 'loch, not realizing that she'd have to join a city to switch her tether to not drag us backwards.
    imageimage
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    If someone was able to join a Consanguine house without changing their tether, that is something you should BUG.
  • Quick question about retirement credits. I understand that they can only be transferred to characters less than a month old, but can I transfer more than once? Or do I only get one transfer to a character?
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    You can transfer as many times as you want up until the time period closes.
  • edited August 2016
    Am I ever going to be given a chance to finish this thing?

ID: str - a pair of gauntlets (Artifact: strength 1)
    2 / 7 : a mithril gauntlet fragment

I've had them for years and since my name isn't on the pieces, I can't trade them in.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• IraeIrae Six feet under.
    With vampire unicorns, given that the Embrace supposedly sloughs off imperfections present from the mortal form, I'm guessing a brand new description (or just an update, really) is due? Or can a vampire be relatively unchanged from how they were as a nightstalker?
    A lot of vampires keep their nightstalker descs. Some just alter to go paler/add fangs if they weren't already super pale. I've never really seen anyone dramatically change their desc from nightstalker to vampire, but that's not to say that no one ever has or that you can't. Minor update is most common, from what I've seen.
    imageimage
    Irae
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    What is going on with the lists of categories on the left side of the forums? Everything is repeated about five times for me, sometimes all at once, and sometimes alternating with another category.
    Erzsebet
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    It looks better for me now.
    Zsadist
  • How much resistance do miniskills give at Trans?
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    24%
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• I was wondering if there's a way to become un-enemied to Helba.

Oops?
  • Aymah said:

I was wondering if there's a way to become un-enemied to Helba.

And the cult under Mournhold, while we're at it? Apologies to the old lady in the cave.

Is there a way we can kick people from the Dominion? Aukei went Sentinel/Duiran like two days ago and is still Nightstalker/Dominion somehow.

Did bug it, just wondering if there's something we can do on our end to resolve things like this without admin help.
    imageimage
  • this is one for those of you who might've played FF8 and FF9, and have familiarity with Triptycha, The games known as "Triple Triad" and "Tetra Master" both spring to mind when I look at the tiles I've gotten together, is there any remote similarities between these games, or am I just seeing the most superficial of similarities, and that there's nothing else beyond just that to compare the two games with?
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Triptycha is more comparable to Triple Triad since that's the one with numbers on the sides; tetra master is just the arrows.
  • is it possible to pull a fish out of your fishing bucket to take a look at it's personal description? Some of these fish are not exactly fish you'll find IRL, Lava puppies coming to mind specifically.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • Simply 'get fishname from bucket', you can't then put it back however.