Short Questions

Comments

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    When shadow players discuss combat, do they talk about eyeball affs and lung affs and eating kidney or do they talk about kelp affs and goldenseal stacks and ginseng?

• We often don't discuss any of that, and instead wonder how many more credits we need so we can switch to Monk.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    TrigruRiluoZsadistVeovis
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA

MalokRiluoOleis
  • Malok said:

We often don't discuss any of that, and instead wonder how many more credits we need so we can switch to Monk.

Therein probably lies the problem :tongue:
    Malok
  • Is dying the only way to lose experience?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited July 2015
    Disfavors and curses passively drain exp.
  • Are curses and disfavors even used anymore??
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    They're used as administrative punishments and sometimes if you REALLY peeve off a god ICly.
    RiluoHaven
  • Reux said:

Is dying the only way to lose experience?

The wheel, iirc, also has a chance to make you lose xp. I could be wrong, though.
  • Dristin said:

Reux said:

Is dying the only way to lose experience?

The wheel, iirc, also has a chance to make you lose xp. I could be wrong, though.
    This is so. The wheel can level you down.
  • Dah. Thank you everyone.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Aishia said:
    They're used as administrative punishments and sometimes if you REALLY peeve off a god ICly.
    This is correct.  ;)
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Lim said:

Malok said:

We often don't discuss any of that, and instead wonder how many more credits we need so we can switch to Monk.

Therein probably lies the problem :tongue:
    Wouldn't really consider it a problem.... more of a solution to what we fight all the time. Gotta fight fire with fire. :D
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited July 2015
    You don't define NOT sitting down and discussing strategy and tactics and trying to understand the combat system and player psychology as a problem?

I'm with @Lim here. Lol.

EDIT: I still am kind of curious what sort of slang shadow uses with regards to curatives. Like lifers will talk about a 'kelp stack', but obviously, if you rolled in as a vampire and just hang out with undead all the time, you'd be using eyeball slices to cure and if someone says 'kelp aff' that might not make sense until you look it up, just like if someone says 'heart stack' or 'bladder stack' I have no idea what you're talking about it.

• I talk in reference to living cures. Was around when undead cures never existed, so living cures take priority for me.
    HavenRiluo
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    I tend to talk in terms of undead cures, even though I was around long before they were a thing. 
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I remember undead people talking about living cures and living stacks but I started playing not TOO long after undead cures were relatively new I think? Plus it's what your target is using to cure your affs so it makes sense.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    You grit your teeth and will your pain out of existence.
    Equilibrium Used: 3.00 seconds
    H:5102 M:4566 E:23165 W:20831 XP:2598411/3820162 [-b]
    With surprising speed, Kuius the Quartermaster strides in from the west.
    H:5102 M:4519 E:23177 W:20857 XP:2598411/3820162 [-b]
    Quartermaster Kuius gestures in your direction, and terrible tumors begin to well up under your skin, festering and oozing.
    H:2600 M:4519 E:23177 W:20857 XP:2598411/3820162 [-b]
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    Why did I take damage after using numbness def?
  • Numbness only stops you from taking damage like normal. It'll last for a little bit, and then when it wears off, you get a portion of that damage dealt to you afterward.

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Right, but I had just activated it, so I'm wondering if something is buggy. I died, and afterwards it was working properly again.
  • Emelle said:

Right, but I had just activated it, so I'm wondering if something is buggy. I died, and afterwards it was working properly again.

Did you have sensitivity? That blocks numbness.

Emelle
  • edited July 2015
    I'd rather say I don't know a lot of people to talk combat with on the dark side, so I can't say. =/

All my rivals growing up stopped playing a long time ago, and the current pvp champs... don't... mentor? While a lifer, there's a clan available to talk about pvp openly; I don't remember that clan's name off the top of my head, but I've never seen a darkie version of it.

I've also gotten lots of random help for test dummies and stupid questions from randoms on the lifer side, where no one on the dark side wants to comment or participate.

I could just be socially terrible and the light-types are more understanding/tolerant, but meh.

• Reux said:

I've also gotten lots of random help for test dummies and stupid questions from randoms on the lifer side, where no one on the dark side wants to comment or participate.

I know Spinesreach has like 3 clans for this kind of thing, but most of the pk talk happens in the giant web we all live in. This is also where we plot our evil, such as setting the paintings slightly askew, civil disobedience, and scattering legos across your floor at night.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

EmelleTeani
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Also moving pieces of furniture 1 inch to the left.
    EmelleTrigruTeani
  • What is this, the Adventures of Pete and Pete?

Trigru
  • I always refer to the cures as the living version. Granted I choose LIFE so there's that. Undead folks I think just have to do the conversion. @Veovis recently asked what cures allergies and I said ginseng, to which he replied well what's that in undead, I told him to look it up.... For the most part I've only heard people really talk about the living versions, but that's also probably because Lim does. That kind of talk is mainly amongst the 1v1 folks to which there are so few in general, so I don't know if there's conversations talking about eyeball stack or not. It's a kelp stack, the vampires can get with our lingo.

Also, I don't think the wheel does level loss anymore.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I use HELP CURES religiously when people talk about stuff. Or when I'm tryin to talk about stuff.
    imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    AFFLICTION ALLERGIES SHOW is a good sort of thing to point out too. AFFLICTION X SHOW etc. Teach a fish to man!
  • edited July 2015
    Aishia said:

Teach a fish to man!

@Aishia this isn't the thread to talk about Kelki.
    Erzsebet