Short Questions

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I like my generic all-purpose cheese, it makes things so much easier and more flexible.
    AarbrokErzsebetIshin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I mean no disrespect whatsoever in this, but cant people use the base cheese commodity and just....
    Be descriptive? I thought that was part of crafters was taking a base commodity and making it interesting and flavorful.

It is our job as the players to be creative and then make the fun cheeses with smells and hardness, and varieties.
    Not really the admins to muck around in the code and make 50000 kinds of cheeses for us.
    KerrynIshinAreka
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Aarbrok said:

I mean no disrespect whatsoever in this, but cant people use the base cheese commodity and just....
    Be descriptive? I thought that was part of crafters was taking a base commodity and making it interesting and flavorful.

It is our job as the players to be creative and then make the fun cheeses with smells and hardness, and varieties.
    Not really the admins to muck around in the code and make 50000 kinds of cheeses for us.

I was always told that if I mentioned a special 'type' of cheese that I had to go buy that type. Will your suggestion work? Sure. But I was just using the creative cheeses admin already put in the game for us. I wasn't asking them to make 50000 kinds of cheeses. When I said more, I meant quantity not types. I should have been clearer, sorry about that.

It is something I see too often in crafters, its not even particularly you or anyone for that matter @Kerryn - If we don't have the multiple types, we use the base ingredients which make it. I have always come to see base staples used to supplement things we dont already have, most recently a slew of things went though that had quince, where pear was substituted.

There have been many arguments for various foodstuffs representing many other things, and alot of cheese types would be regional cheeses, so we couldnt even necessarily use them in the first place, so the next responsibility may be creating the flavours. Since we couldnt have brie, perhaps suggest a creamy, nutty cheese with a bite to the aftertaste, rather than making say...a Shamtota cheese wheel.

I am not disagreeing with you definitely, I think that there should be seperation for the existing ones, it was just one of those things where I was more or less venting a personal frustration in the craft system.
    Kerryn
    As an apology for it seeming like I was being a butt...a picture that always makes me happy

KerrynEmelleIsande
    Aarbrok said:

It is something I see too often in crafters, its not even particularly you or anyone for that matter @Kerryn - If we don't have the multiple types, we use the base ingredients which make it. I have always come to see base staples used to supplement things we dont already have, most recently a slew of things went though that had quince, where pear was substituted.

There have been many arguments for various foodstuffs representing many other things, and alot of cheese types would be regional cheeses, so we couldnt even necessarily use them in the first place, so the next responsibility may be creating the flavours. Since we couldnt have brie, perhaps suggest a creamy, nutty cheese with a bite to the aftertaste, rather than making say...a Shamtota cheese wheel.

I am not disagreeing with you definitely, I think that there should be seperation for the existing ones, it was just one of those things where I was more or less venting a personal frustration in the craft system.

I didn't think you were being a butt as you said, I took no offense or anything of that nature. It's a legitimate question and suggestion and one I'm all for in the future if we are given 'base' items that we can describe as you suggestion. It'd make things a heck of a lot easier. I was only offering a simpler suggestion than jumping into code and attempting to fix it that way, it'd be easier to just add the special cheeses already elsewhere in the game with simplified names so they can be cached. A simple C/P and tweak the names is easier than delving into the code, and doing what Oleis said he'd have to do.

You yourself are familiar with the inconsistencies of crafting, I didn't know we could use a base cheese design like Areka did. I was told that if I said cream cheese, I better buy the cream cheese from Attica and use it, not the 'base' cheese. I was just following what I was told at that time. Now that I know another way? I'll probably use it for future designs.

Aarbrok
    Its entirely too inconsistent, crafting in general. The rules are subject really to who is doing approvals and what they feel is the best way, and I have heard it misconstrued too many different ways when it comes to rulings and examples.

I personally dont like to make a fuss over things like that, and haven't, but I know some folks would.
    KerrynEmelleAldric
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited August 2015
    I bought cream cheese once. Cached it before I added it to anything. And then figured, well, I -did- buy the cheese. That it's no longer the -same- cheese isn't my fault and doesn't make sense from an RP perspective. So I used it anyway. There's no way anyone approving it can tell, considering they all show up as 'cheese'. Similarly, half of my topaz was gold when it went in, I figure there's nothing wrong with descing something as gold topaz and using blue since it's not my fault it's no longer gold.

Edit: Now I have C is for Cookie stuck in my head. Damnit Aarbs. <3 At least it's the spiffy Pentatonix version, I guess.
    imageimage
    KerrynAarbrok
    Aarbrok said:

Its entirely too inconsistent, crafting in general. The rules are subject really to who is doing approvals and what they feel is the best way, and I have heard it misconstrued too many different ways when it comes to rulings and examples.

I personally dont like to make a fuss over things like that, and haven't, but I know some folks would.

Yup, I couldn't agree more. But that's life, all we can really do is try and make the best of it. Because it could be FAR worse. We could still be without bacon.

ErzsebetAarbrok
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    If you cache a bunch of grapes, only a single grape comes out! AAUGH
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Aarbrok said:

As an apology for it seeming like I was being a butt...a picture that always makes me happy

That's my face every time @Sollace makes dinner.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    EmelleAarbrokTragerSollace
  • Kerryn said:

Oleis said:

@Trigru beat me to it because my phone sucks, but my original answer:

Things that were built off the same base item without proper separation often work that way. It's solvable, but a very complicated fix to update everything that references that base object number - a ripple effect of changes in designs, caches, shops, etc. Something we can pursue in serious cases but quite likely to spawn a chain reaction of issues. 

Wouldn't an easier 'fix' be as simple as adding another dairy shop that sells cheeses that aren't based off the base object that is cachable and then make the other (current dairy shop) uncachable? So Crafters can still use the old cheese, but eventually more will gravitate to the newer ones? Because honestly, we need more cheese as is, the current shop only sells I think... 10-20 cheese. Doesn't Aetolia deserve more cheese?
    We couldn't, realistically, just make the old cheese not cachable/etc. However, there could definitely be a cheese shop with unique made cheeses that could be used from there on out - just a matter of one of us finding the time to make it happen. I know that I'm currently working on several things, otherwise I'd go ahead and look into it.
    Why not just use normal cheese, imagination, and tell people on crafters clan not to be jerks about it?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ArekaAarbrokDristinTeani
  • Back when shapeshifters could extend or retract claws to change the way their attacks worked, did retracted strikes cause bleed?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

Reux said:

Back when shapeshifters could extend or retract claws to change the way their attacks worked, did retracted strikes cause bleed?

No, but they were slightly faster. I believe when it was assimilated together and made the way things are currently, the speed was kept, as was the bleed on each attack - best of both worlds. It also changed the damage-type. Cutting for extended, blunt for retracted.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:

...crafters clan not to be jerks about it?

There's a newspost at least 4 times a year saying this, feels like.

It has yet to sink in.

delete crafting

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinDidiMalokErzsebetVeovisLimTeaniAishia
  • I lol'd when I saws the likes/disagrees/agrees on the previous post. It went exactly how I figured it would.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    DidiIshin
  • Does the vibrating stick allow for access to the WORM SORUCE ability, or do you have to go around doing WORM SEEK in every room?
  • No worm source, as far as I know. So it's worm seek all the way or get a Syssin to help you. Also vibrating sticks are known to make disgruntled females (and some males) less disgruntled. 
    VeovisRiluo
  • Lim said:

No worm source, as far as I know. So it's worm seek all the way or get a Syssin to help you. Also vibrating sticks are known to make disgruntled females (and some males) less disgruntled. 

Thanks. Not worth the 800cr if I have to worm seek all the time, to be honest.
  • Well, tbh, I personally find worm warp to be one of the highest in terms of utility and one of the most underrated artifacts. If you have a copy of the Syssin warp nexus, and once you've learnt the secret warps that's peppered all throughout Aetolia, that's invaluable for getting around that rival the wings arti (wings arti mainly for speed and for chasing people to the wings room itself).
    Ishin
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I haven't seen any of the other new cryptic chest minipets yet, but shouldn't the raven at least have an arm wearloc, if not shoulders?
    Riluo
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Emelle said:

I haven't seen any of the other new cryptic chest minipets yet, but shouldn't the raven at least have an arm wearloc, if not shoulders?

Don't you mean the 'ven'?

RasharEmelleDristinTrigru
  • Is that?

Damn.

I've been so confused for the last week, and @Hadrak just blew my mind.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Hadrak said:

Emelle said:

Don't you mean the 'ven'?

Or is it a ra?
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Emelle said:

Or is it a ra?

EmelleArekaDristin
  • So like. The boat to Tcanna is divine graced. The boat to Scidve from Tcanna is not.

That intended? I'm not sure why you'd grace a boat in the first place since you can't really camp them.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• Are all admins supposed to go and put in a changelog anytime they fix/change something? Or can they do a silent change and not notify that they did change something?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    It's good form to inform the playerbase if something significant was changed, but minor changes can and do occur without an announcement, such as most unimportant bugfixes.
    Malok
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Not sure if it's been asked before...
    Now that weather has been altered, will tailors be able to put different degrees of warmth to items they design?

a warm winter coat - warmth 10
    a cotton dress shirt - warmth 5
    a skimpy thong - warmth 1