Short Questions

Comments

• I have a short question.

Why can I do bashing attacks from a mount when I'm Indorani, Carnifex, or Praenomen classed, but I can't while I'm Shapeshifter? Catty told me Monks can't either, and I can only presume this has something to do with the combo command, but I have no idea. Is it intentional? Is it a flavor/lore thing? I'm so confused.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Flavor/lore.

Malok
  • Malok said:

I have a short question.

Why can I do bashing attacks from a mount when I'm Indorani, Carnifex, or Praenomen classed, but I can't while I'm Shapeshifter? Catty told me Monks can't either, and I can only presume this has something to do with the combo command, but I have no idea. Is it intentional? Is it a flavor/lore thing? I'm so confused.

@Malok monk you have to be in stance which makes total sense you cant mount to attack

and shapeshifter/atabahi/bahkatu as always been that way since day 1.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Seems really unnecessary, but okay.

Another short question about Shapeshifters then:

Is there a way to use Vocalizing without messing with your teammates at lessers? Every time I use it, everyone touches tree tattoo, which I'm presuming is because they're masked due to snarling. Just wondering if I'm missing something here. I know you can use Convergence on an enemy target, but until then, do I just leave them off or what?
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • You could aim them at yourself, I'd think. Been a long time since I did anything with lycan.
  • I think you can use Echoing and hit yourself with them, but I believe it still hits others as well. The only other solution I've found is to keep up ones that aid you like health/mana/endurance, then use interchange to switch to the offensive ones right before the fighting starts. Still annoys everyone though because when they're masked with Snarling, the systems everyone use still go off and make them eat stuff or touch tree. I guess I could roll around with snarling off, but eh, seems like a pain to put up before I attack.

Or we could just make it work off the enemy/ally list.(Plz liaisons) :/
  • edited July 2015
    You can't converge on yourself? I thought that was what Kendri was doing. I could easily be wrong though.

Yeah. Config disregarding and converge on yourself. Seems to be working for me.
    MalokTeani
  • Why does CONFIG DISREGARDING act as a defense now instead of as an actual config?

I'm getting sick and tired of having to reset disregarding every time I want to test something on myself.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

DidiReuxMalokRiluo
  • Zsadist said:

Why does CONFIG DISREGARDING act as a defense now instead of as an actual config?

I'm getting sick and tired of having to reset disregarding every time I want to test something on myself.

@Zsadist its so I don't walk up to you and perform you to frenzy yourself so you know how it feels to have stun whored on you at lessers .. :P

It's always been a 'def' so you know it's on when you do DEF.. as who really knows what configs you have on and off?

Admin should do a 'config' to show all configs on/off like firstaid does
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    MalokReuxXenia
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited August 2015
    So. Was it an -intentional- change to make the snowglobe pretty much require the goggles of whitesight? Seems like an error for an artifact to require another artifact. It was a pain in the ass before, as it was, but without goggles it's impossible to see where the damn things are unless you just go through spamming the crap out of your alias in every room. More annoyingly, it's -also- impossible to see other people in-room unless you happen to see them walk in or do something -before- you attack the wights.

Edit: Can we have back the artifacts path find now that qeddwyn is back? I tried to use one of my base ones for it, but it doesn't seem to work--it memorized it, but I can't use it no matter where I am.
    imageimage
  • Why does the glass of everlasting eggnog have 10 max sips but never goes past 5?
    Changes to the way liquids/containers work.
    imageimage
    Malok
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2015
    @razmael @dristin @oleis @hadrak @admintypes

I got a token of passage today and was wondering can it be used to upgrade the passage artefact I already own and if so how. If not what it worth currently so I can use it for other things/upgrades etc as it has no value?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• You could always get a new wing and tradein for creds.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Riluo said:

I got a token of passage today and was wondering can it be used to upgrade the passage artefact I already own and if so how. If not what it worth currently so I can use it for other things/upgrades etc as it has no value?

The price difference is significant enough that we don't typically do that. I think @Rashar has the correct answer here.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    You could also get the opposite one from the one you have -- they lead to different places, iirc.
    imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Obyn said:

Aishia said:

Teach a fish to man!

@Aishia this isn't the thread to talk about Kelki.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2015
    Oleis said:

Riluo said:

The price difference is significant enough that we don't typically do that. I think @Rashar has the correct answer here.
    How do you use the token, I just tried a few things and I think I got the syntax wrong? Although I would love to trade it in so I can take a chunk of the bigger caves artefact, then just add 300-400 credits on top :(

Thank you as always :blush:

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

We have to swap out the token. Best path is to issue yourself with how you'd like to exchange it.
    [---]
    Riluo
  • @Razmael & @Oleis

Is there a trick to the artifact customization queue? I've had something sitting in submitted status for nearly 10 days with no approval or feedback. Is there a specific admin who deals with that stuff? I hate to be a pest.
    Malok
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Is the signmaker back in existance? Was going to see about popping one in the armouries to help with folk learning to use the forging shelves.
    Riluo
    @Veovis It can take a while, sometimes. Depending on what it is. Admin just all tend to be crazy busy. -Think- all of them can deal with the customization queue.
    imageimage
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Is there any way we can take a look at how cheese is cached?

As it is now, no matter what kind you buy, the second you put it in your cache, it reverts to a default of 'a hard lump of cheese'.

Also, there is no way to tell what kind of cheese you have in your cache because they're all 'cheese', which is the issue. It'd be nice if they were labeled better, IE: creamcheese, cottagecheese, atticancheese, bluecheese, goatcheese.

Topaz does that too. Blue and gold both cache and only pull out as blue topaz.
    imageimage
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    This is most likely an issue with multiple cheeses being made from the same base object, which means that of course they'll be stored as regular ol' default "cheese" on being cached. I'll see if we can fix that.
    Erzsebet
    Trigru said:

This is most likely an issue with multiple cheeses being made from the same base object, which means that of course they'll be stored as regular ol' default "cheese" on being cached. I'll see if we can fix that.

Thank you!

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Mint is not cacheing as well :( ALAS MY MINT
    Two kinds of mint I think, but one of them is flowercacheble.
    imageimage
    @Trigru beat me to it because my phone sucks, but my original answer:

Things that were built off the same base item without proper separation often work that way. It's solvable, but a very complicated fix to update everything that references that base object number - a ripple effect of changes in designs, caches, shops, etc. Something we can pursue in serious cases but quite likely to spawn a chain reaction of issues. 
    [---]
    ArekaKerryn
    edited August 2015
    Oleis said:

@Trigru beat me to it because my phone sucks, but my original answer:

Things that were built off the same base item without proper separation often work that way. It's solvable, but a very complicated fix to update everything that references that base object number - a ripple effect of changes in designs, caches, shops, etc. Something we can pursue in serious cases but quite likely to spawn a chain reaction of issues. 

Wouldn't an easier 'fix' be as simple as adding another dairy shop that sells cheeses that aren't based off the base object that is cachable and then make the other (current dairy shop) uncachable? So Crafters can still use the old cheese, but eventually more will gravitate to the newer ones? Because honestly, we need more cheese as is, the current shop only sells I think... 10-20 cheese. Doesn't Aetolia deserve more cheese?