LOVE

Comments

• Obyn said:

@Benedicto Charles Dance is one of my favorites. Though I worry that every time I see him in something not Game of Thrones, I'll imagine him playing whatever part it is -as- Tywin.

@Obyn Yeah, I finished that movie last night, and Charles Dance was perfect in it as the nameless Elder Vampire. He was very much not Tywin, though that probably had a lot to do with the amount of makeup he had. On topic, I absolutely LOVE Dracula Untold, that is the best Dracula movie I have ever seen other than maybe Bram Stoker's.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Jensen said:

@obyn Malok was talking about that ya noob

And that's what I get for browsing forums when I'm still half-asleep.
    MalokJensen
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    dreaming about Bene's tentacles again?
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Way to go and glad you could admit who you are to yourself it is a great feeling and freeing when we finally do.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Moirean
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Obyn said:

Jensen said:

It's because Charles Dance is also quintessentially British.
    Obyn
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    /grabby hands

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    TragerMelanthaIshinAryanne
  • Benedicto said:

Obyn said:

Jensen said:

It's because Charles Dance is also quintessentially British.
    I adore his accent.
    Benedicto
  • edited February 2015
    I love that in even as small of an organization as House Bahir'an, we can still get some interesting RP going. In my experience, it's always the people who aren't as heavily known like @Malachai and @Callidora that make this game worthwhile to me. I can't wait until my next day off work so I can play this game with them some more!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    RiluoAshmerSaritaKendri
  • Just got back from a Flyleaf, Framing Hanley, and Adelitas Way concert. The lead singer of Flyleaf sang to me for like 10 seconds and oh. my. god.

/swoooon
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    AsaraiiMoireanAryanneMarienaNola
    Aldric said:

Just got back from a Flyleaf, Framing Hanley, and Adelitas Way concert. The lead singer of Flyleaf sang to me for like 10 seconds and oh. my. god.

/swoooon

Where? I love all 3 of those bands.

Ingram said:
  • edited February 2015
    It was at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster PA, only like 10 minutes away from my apartment :smiley: Tickets were only $20 too, so it fit nicely into the budget.

Framing Hanley was fantastic, and the lead singer seemed really chill. Adelitas Way wasn't quite the same. Lead singer seemed cocky as hell, and every song they played they felt the need for a guitar solo that lasted at least 3 minutes. One or two is perfectly cool, but fff.

Flyleaf was simply awesome, like always. Love love love. Except lately they've been mixing All Around Me with a Cage the Elephant song that sounds amazing, and I was hoping they'd do that tonight but no dice.

EDIT:

This one.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Jealous. I can't go to concerts anymore.
    Ugh, that's 2 hours away by car, and I don't drive, so 5 days by SEPTA. I haven't been to any concerts in a while, because the free ones I used to go to got ruined by people not knowing how to act, and I really haven't kept abreast of any all that much. One day.

Ingram said:
  • I kinda have a thing with going to concerts whenever I can, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't go anymore @Arbre, I'm so sorry to hear that :(

Mom got me started on them when we were younger, and now she usually takes us to at least one a year around birthday/Christmas. Last was a few months ago in Bethlehem PA to see Volbeat and Five Finger Death Punch. A week before that was Breaking Benjamin.

Mmm. Concerts.
    Asaraii
  • I grew up in PA and went to a lot, but most recent was in Westchester for Bam Margera's FERKFACE Unstoppable. Mostly because it was hometown for him, and Phil, his aunt, and parents were at this tiny dive bar for the concert. His wife took her shirt off, shoved her boobs in my face, then made out with another chick on stage. I have a ton of pics from that. Then there was the Hangover Al's, who guys who looked exactly the same as I went to get a drink and got a sweet ass pic of me and my big PBR between the two. Haha. Loved it!
    MalokAldricSetne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Today was the end of my first sprint cycle on a new project at work (in agile software dev, sprints are short iterations of work; basically steps towards a final product where every team member has various tasks to do, that last 1-4 weeks). We held sprint review to go over the good/bad aspects of the last sprint and everyone slapped post-its up on the board saying what sucked/needs fixing organizationally and what went well/was awesome.

Three separate people put up post-its saying "Jessica joined the team!!!" :) It feels pretty cool to be valued.

At my OTHER job, I'm finding my groove - I've been given this great chance to basically do lead-level work (basically the level of work that people 2-3 ranks up the ladder from me do) and at first I was really overwhelmed, but I've taken a lot of deep breaths, researched a lot and now I'm sitting here able to semi-confidently tell devs what needs doing and what I need from them and what I'm going to produce, instead of being handheld - and they are happy with what I'm doing as well! I spent my night geeking out happily writing a professional test plan. I'm basically Leslie Knope right now, preparing awesome project binders, for QA stuff. I'm still learning, but I feel proud of what I'm producing.
    DraimanAldricMalokEmelleSetneMarienaPeriluna
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    At 6am I sat down at the empty airport bar only to find they can't serve till 7. By 630 there were 8 of us waiting. Love this little clique of business people not giving a fuck
    AshmerMoireanHaven
  • Dude, @jensen. That is probably one of my favorite things about flying - airport pubs.

You can meet some really cool people in them -plus- be sleepy by the time your flight is ready. And 0 fucks to give about drinking as the sun comes up. I met this.. ffs he had to be like a 70 year old Irish dude who was telling me about all the places he'd traveled in the world for his textile business. But the only thing he could remember about -any- of them were the pubs. He was on his way to a rugby reunion and I asked where his wife was. He just looks at me and goes, "This is a stag affair, lad."

Died.
    AshmerEmelleMoireanKendri
  • Apple honey whole grain bagels. I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW.
    Malok
  • As much as I dislike waking up slightly earlier than I normally do on my day off, I love that my friend told me he was coming to get me today at noon to go hang out at the local hobby/card shop. I hadn't really got to play much Magic lately, and it was a lot of fun to do and also meet a new friend in the process. Unplugging from the computer was refreshing too, even though I couldn't help chatting with my new Aetolia friends on Skype on my phone. :P

Anyways, I love life, and today was a good one.
    KerrynMoireanEmelleMariena
  • This yoyo. I don't know where I got it, why it's non-decay, or how someone made it? But I love it.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinEmelle
  • Double post: I'm finding that there is no anger in the world that cannot be solved by going to some form of sword fighting club. I wouldn't say it hurts so good, but it does so I will.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AshmerPeriluna
  • I got an 80 on my first math test.
    AIIIEEEE
    TozMarienaHavenPeriluna
  • Love @Auresae for picking up the roleplay of Kendri's emergence into the world. It's a layer of depth to her character that I appreciate greatly. Every time she's referred to as child of the flame it makes me smile.

This really expands to most of Kendri's family, @Roux, @Rashar, @Trager, @Arbre, thanks so much for helping me to build a character that I love to play.

EmelleMariena
  • <3@kendri. Sorry my rp time is so slim and random lately. :( LESS THAN TWO WEEKS LEFT.
    Kendri
  • Rashar said:

<3@kendri. Sorry my rp time is so slim and random lately. :( LESS THAN TWO WEEKS LEFT. </p>

Less than two weeks, yay! Though I hope you had a really great time in Thailand.