Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Perhaps some quest where the use of bullseyes and hearts are required as payment for special deals to make them worth something more than they are right now? For example, they could be used as a bribe to put the count of beasts you fight against in that new fancy place at the lower range as opposed to random. Or you could use them to bribe your way into a special shop with rare gems, a small hidden hunting ground or a secret gaming parlor?

Either that or create a new sort of token you can put in those bags that people can collect and use for these things, where different things require different amounts of tokens.

Maybe just add some new kind of collectible thing for those hoarders out there who have to have full sets of things, like Notable Mob cards or whatever. It doesn't really give anyone an edge, but it's something new for people to chat about and perhaps trade. Make them all just as rare as the other so that someone doesn't end up with eleventyone of one kind and nothing of the others, then add new possible cards whenever.

Everything doesn't -have- to give an edge to hunting/fighting, right?

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Oleis @Razmael‌

Can we have a way to hyperlink commands? Or at least color them like Hansel/Gretel do on the newbie channel???
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Daweson
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited October 2014
    Ishin said:

@Oleis @Razmael‌

Can we have a way to hyperlink commands? Or at least color them like Hansel/Gretel do on the newbie channel???

In what context?

To clarify: I could see this working great on GNT, but I wasn't sure exactly where you were asking for the functionality.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Oleis said:

Ishin said:

@Oleis @Razmael‌

In what context?

To clarify: I could see this working great on GNT, but I wasn't sure exactly where you were asking for the functionality.
    Like in GHELPS, things like that. Right now all we have is to all-caps something, which means someone has to type it all out. I think it might add a little more functionality or something if someone can just click it, you know?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ArekaTeani
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Ishin said:

Oleis said:

Ishin said:

@Oleis @Razmael‌

In what context?

Like in GHELPS, things like that. Right now all we have is to all-caps something, which means someone has to type it all out. I think it might add a little more functionality or something if someone can just click it, you know?
    Makes sense. I'll dig into helpfile code sometime this week and see if that's feasible.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    IshinGwenith
    Oleis said:

Ishin said:

Oleis said:

Ishin said:

@Oleis @Razmael‌

In what context?

Makes sense. I'll dig into helpfile code sometime this week and see if that's feasible.
    Thanks bro <3
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited October 2014
    We already have that kinda, with [[ and [< linking to g/chelp and standard help. Being able to MXP to commands (maybe use [{ or something?) would be a versatile option, as we could link commands, projects, laws, clanhelps, etc. Being able to toss out mxp-linked words in GNT would also be very helpful.
    IshinFaerah
    Moirean said:

We already have that kinda, with [[ and [< linking to g/chelp and standard help. Being able to MXP to commands (maybe use [{ or something?) would be a versatile option, as we could link commands, projects, laws, clanhelps, etc. Being able to toss out mxp-linked words in GNT would also be very helpful.

Yep yep, that's what I was talking about. Only works for ghelp/chelp though, and I don't think you can do that with actual commands, just ghelp/chelps right?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Right.
  • Oleis said:

Ishin said:

@Oleis @Razmael‌

In what context?

@Oleis that would be nice for the GNT Welcome, so people can color code the help files so it stands out a little, but giving people that option for gnt might get a little bit abused. Should just keep it to the guild welcoming
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    If people abuse it, remove their ability to use it. It'd be very helpful, and preventing it because people might use it badly seems overly cautious and denying something useful.
    AshmerTeaniIshinElie
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Is there any way changing class and mutating also raise the gmcp.Char.Status event? It raises gmcp.Char.Skills, which is amazing and awesome, but you still have to SCORE after to force gmcp to update.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    You know the only downside of something as mentioned above about hyperlinks is like, encouraging people to learn to CLICK links instead of typing things out is sort of counter-intuitive to learning how the game is actually played.
    Erzsebet
  • It honestly does bug me to have to move my hands off the keyboard to click stuff, but I think that's just me being kind of "GET OFFA MY LAWN" about new things. Kids clicking things in a text game, whatever next!

Erzsebet
    For a new player, and one on the web client, clicking is so super useful. The scrollback options are lame on the web client, and there's no command line saving, so being able to click something while typing something else out is very useful.
    ElieIshinInfin
    edited October 2014
    Moirean said:

Is there any chance we could get more augment options? +xp, +gold drops, +mob damage, etc

-----

Haven points are kinda meh if you spend credits on a house. I know there are always ideas being thrown out about them, so here's another - let us use haven points on houses. Maybe charge double/triple if there's a concern it's too cheap. I think this would actually motivate MORE spending: people would buy bashing artis/buffs, buy credits to turn into gold to get that one last haven point for an extra house thing they want, or flat out spend credits on an extra feature since that cool house is now there. It would also make bashing more appealing, since there'd always be this cool thing you could be working for with your points. I guess this is how havens work for some people, but for those of us who prefer houses, that motivation just isn't there:

Room Room Name Brief Description Base Room Area
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    31005 MOIREANHAVEN1 Nowhere MOIREANHAVEN1 havens
    51858 moireanhaven2 Within the unformed MOIREANHAVEN1 havens
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Used Points: 100 Remaining Points: 172

I really enjoy bashing. I would love for there to be more bonuses to doing it, especially since the promos HEAVILY inspire bashing - chocolates, for example, are the big win from giftbags atm, and they make bashing super fun...but I'm nearly level 170 and I honestly don't know what to spend the next augment point on. I'll probably grab health just to have, but I absolutely don't need it. Please give us some cooler things to want, both for augments and for haven points. Also crit strength is ENTIRELY useless and needs reworking before it's not just a joke. Up the damage, factor in a heal, something - as is, it's just a troll option to juke people who don't know better.

I also know that I'm an outlier as far as tons of augments go - but I'm not the only player sitting around with a bunch of haven points. LOTS of us have these. Once you hit around 110, you've got pretty much everything debately useful, and there are like 100 players at that level. It's also in the game's interest to have us spending that on houses versus havens, since houses cost credits but havens are free - and if we could use those points for other things it would encourage the FTP players, while also giving those of us who prefer houses a feeling like we're not wasting everything. Right now, there's a definite feeling like I'm screwing myself for wanting to spend credits - and that sort of feeling is anathema to money spending.
    ElieAlissandra
    edited October 2014
    Ashmer said:

Is there any way changing class and mutating also raise the gmcp.Char.Status event? It raises gmcp.Char.Skills, which is amazing and awesome, but you still have to SCORE after to force gmcp to update.

I was thinking about this on my drive to the studio today and realized that this isn't actually necessary. @Oleis, I think I'm beginning to see what you meant when you said the thing about gmcp as convenience versus gmcp as necessity.

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I don't know if this has been offered up as an idea yet but an easier way to activate Parxian Orbs instead of having to find the number so ACTIVATE BLUE/WHITE/YELLOW/GREEN/RED and also, if you have a variety of orbs of each color then a command to ACTIVATE ORBS which will activate the highest placed orb in your inv for each color.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited October 2014
    You can, it just isn't red blue or yellow but:
    activate crimsonorb
    activate ceruleanorb
    activate amberorb
    activate greenorb
    activate whiteorb

Edit: Though yes, it isn't very intuitive since the orb names are blue white red thingamabob
    Also, it'd be great if ACTIVATE GREENORB returned 'you don't have a green orb to activate' instead of the generic command failure line, so you're not sitting there scratching your head at what the HELL your system is sending that's failing. <.< Which I've, ah. Never done. Ever.

Ishin
    Poor buddy with insufficient orbs.
  • At the extent of being declined, would it be at all possible to turn lessons into credits, just in the reverse order? As it stands, alot of people who either are multiclassing are already omni/tri-trans'd or those of us with single class (and will only keep one class) are full omni-trans and the constant influx of lessons have no real purpose for us other than gathering metaphorical and digital dust.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Buy proficiencies! Buy talents!

Talents don't use lessons, only full tradeskills.
  • Serrice said:

Buy proficiencies! Buy talents!

What if you're proficient in all weapons? Or have no need to buy more proficiencies?

This loops back to lessons gathering digital dust.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'm sitting on like 5k lessons right now, I just can't make furniture.
  • I wouldn't mind converting lessons to credits, but I -suspect- that might be a corporate decision to make.
    Alternatively donate them to other people/orgs. I'd love to be able to parcel out spare lessons to newbs as rewards.
    Elie
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited October 2014
    @Oleis or @Razmael or someone--

RE: Shopkeeper system--would it be possible, to get a condition for reactions that is simply 'NOT being a member of X'?

Want them to greet Ve'kahi differently than everyone else, but since I still want them to greet non-'kahi, too, right now it just results in the people in Ve'kahi getting both greetings. :<

...also, could GREET, NOD, and HI possibly be considered emotes for the purposes of things they'll react to? I can frown or smile or gnaw or whatever on this mob and she'll talk my ear off, but if I actively greet her to say hello, I get the cold shoulder. >.>

...and a way to set the gender flag? Defaults to male, apparently, so now my female mob has all male pronouns. >.>
    imageimage
    Infin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @Oleis Can we please have technique scrolls work on Bloodborn scythes. It is silly they do not given they are a hunting weapon. Please ...please!!!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."