Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Eleanor said:

There's a pond in Spinesreach that Phoe set up that freezes over in winter. Definitely doable!

Yes, totally doable. I don't know if it'd work for room descs too, but I think it might. All you have to do is write the different state/season descs, and specify which season you want each of them to become active in, etc. Spinesreach also has a really neat swing that actually has neat messages when you SIT on and then PUSH it, and do it a few times. :3
  • Could cumulative God blessings be looked at? As it stands right now, the only effect that stacks is the skill bonus and (I'm assuming) the XP bonus. As you get closer and closer to having multiple Transcendent skills, it seems like there's not as much of a benefit to having multiple God's blessings. Could there be another benefit that was cumulative, such as an extension of the time that your Overkill bonus lasts, or perhaps something that could be negligibly beneficial in PvP as well as PvE?
    MoireanElieIshinAreka
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    This is purely cosmetic, but I've been fiddling around with using subs on my stat/score and for some reason it's oddly satisfying and makes me grin to see the more customized and personalized readouts for my character. Obviously if this would take a lot of work, don't waste time on it, but it could be cool to let us...

- Change the colors on stat/score displays. MAYBE I WANT EVERYTHING TO BE PINK.
    - Change the headers for categories (eg SETSCORE FIELD LEVEL OMG STOP BASHING would change the title words over the box for my level)
    - Pick and choose what things show up and in what order, akin to custom prompts (and maybe widen the list of potential things to show to include things like bank accounts, gold in hand, tells on/off, standing or not, info from credit report, unread news posts, etc etc)
    - Maybe include a spot for a personal note (or several) because omg coding in a sub to rotate through my notes script and display one each time I check stat has made me HELLA more productive

Also, I would love to see something like CITYSTAT for CLs and GUILDSTAT for GMs that would give you some cool info a glance, displaying stuff like overall gold, credits, number of logged in members, number of newbies, how many new people you got that day, pylon total, etc - basically a way to quickly view org stuff would be soooo nice. I can code myself one (maybe kinda already have >_>) but I bet other org leaders would like that.
    GraelunArekaTrigruIshin
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    edited September 2014
    An artifact pet recall command, similar to recall mount. Because tell pet come here does -not- cut it. You have to be on the same plane/continent as the pet. No way to tell -where- said pet is, so it's wandering and randomly sending tells till you locate it.. if at all. I lose him... a lot. Ahem. >.>

You can find/locate EVERY other artifact. For something as costly as the artifact pets, they readlly should be able to be found/recalled easier.

RasharIshin
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Probably random, but in the intro..eh..could we encourage nightstalkers to join a house? Or mention something about that? Newbies seem to not know they aren't full vamps and have no idea what to do next. If it's in there, sorry for this note - just had a lot of clueless nightstalkers lately.

• Right now the intro dumps fresh Nightstalkers into the Imperium, or so I am told. But it's probably a good idea to have them encouraged to do something with houses, or at least mention it somewhere, so I'll see if I can't poke the right people!
    Solaria
    Obyn said:

Right now the intro dumps fresh Nightstalkers into the Imperium, or so I am told. But it's probably a good idea to have them encouraged to do something with houses, or at least mention it somewhere, so I'll see if I can't poke the right people!

As a suggestion, maybe you all could add something to point them to Vinessa in the city. Would promote her being used over Kelende, and get them general info.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited September 2014
    Obyn said:

Right now the intro dumps fresh Nightstalkers into the Imperium, or so I am told. But it's probably a good idea to have them encouraged to do something with houses, or at least mention it somewhere, so I'll see if I can't poke the right people!

I thought you had to be in a house to be in the Dominion?

EDIT:
    I'm assuming you meant the Dominion. Abhorash dissolved the Imperium, right?
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    The Dominion is currently Consanguine in one of the four houses, plus any nightstalkers not in houses. I was under the impression that they'd be sort of given hints and stuff in the academy stuff, but as things are now, we don't even have a Dominion channel notification that a new nightstalker got dumped in.
    Sarita said:

The Dominion is currently Consanguine in one of the four houses, plus any nightstalkers not in houses. I was under the impression that they'd be sort of given hints and stuff in the academy stuff, but as things are now, we don't even have a Dominion channel notification that a new nightstalker got dumped in.

Yeah. I figure that's what is supposed to happen, that the Academy would give hints. Would be nice to get the notification in the Dominion at the least, so we can address them and help recruit/point in right direction. Maybe Vinessa could serve like a guild tutor and say something over Dominion, when a newbie joins, to come see her and a brief spiel as to why.

• I did mean Dominion, yes. My fingers just typed Imperium, so my bad. Still, I'll see if I can't poke people about it, or perhaps even something as simple as a notification in the Dominion that a new nightstalker is there.
    Solaria
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Temporarily make all iron coin artifact powers transferable.

Ashmer
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Could we get CLASS LIST to indicate somehow what classes are inactive due to tethers?
    Xenia
  • I've brought this up before, but never got a response and I'd love to see its implementation. @Oleis, would it be possible to get pack tells both configurable as colors, as well as a ptells history added?

Ishin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Xenia said:

I've brought this up before, but never got a response and I'd love to see its implementation. @Oleis, would it be possible to get pack tells both configurable as colors, as well as a ptells history added?

Absolutely! I'm sorry I didn't respond the first time. I've put it on my list. Expect it sometime this week.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    XeniaIshin
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited September 2014
    Oleis said:

Xenia said:

I've brought this up before, but never got a response and I'd love to see its implementation. @Oleis, would it be possible to get pack tells both configurable as colors, as well as a ptells history added?

Absolutely! I'm sorry I didn't respond the first time. I've put it on my list. Expect it sometime this week.
    Thought packtells was already able to change color or did it get deleted?

@xenia and @Oleis‌

Packtells 9 0 (Pack): You say, "Blah."

You have to be mutated to see this in config color.. Your welcomed :P
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Packtell colors are a thing (though they may not be displaying correctly), but PACKTELL history definitely isn't. :)
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Oleis, thanks a ton, I really appreciate it.

Ishin
  • Shouts full?
    OleisIshinHaven
  • edited September 2014
    Maybe refine the Shop Directory abit more, to include how many items are left of what we are looking for.

***************************[ Shops selling 'cube' ]****************************
    VNum Owner Description Quantity Price
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    13038 Ellenia a cube sigil 1 117gp
    13423 Dexter a cube sigil 5 90gp
    35325 Moirean crystal cube 3 24gp
    35325 Moirean a cube sigil 4 98gp
    *******************************************************************************

Something like the above.

Edit: Can't fix it to look nice. Sorry it looks like garbage.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Make shouts have the ability to have the same prefix as tells. (Shout|Arbre)
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited September 2014
    wrong topic! meant to post in artifact ideas.. deleted it
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Can the Ashtan Refugee Camp PLEEEEEASE be given a DIRECTORY and also be listed when using the directory arti?
  • Can dopplegangers have a set item number that does not change every time you summon one? Sort of like how Golems work? If you have more than one Indorani in a room it is a major pain to give tarot cards to your specific doppleganger. Otherwise, can we get a way to reference your specific doppleganger? ie 'Give lust to yareldoppleganger" or some such.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I thought that when you tried to order minions, it automatically defaulted to the ones loyal to you?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • not when it comes to doppleganger. I am forever handing a card to @Mazzion‌'s doppleganger, or some such
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Could also get someone to squiggle up a capture script for when you check ents. Catch the doppie number and use it in your scripts/aliase.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    I've made it so the GIVE verb prioritizes your own doppleganger, providing you target with 'doppleganger'. Not a bad idea if I say myself!
    Yarel
    Can we make it prioritize snakeskin over wineskin when making speed?
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Just an idea, but could it be made so that the hireable thug in Delos DOESN'T enter shop stockrooms. Someone's decided to be a jerk and sent it after me a few times while I've been stocking my shop, and the damn thing picks up things if left down there because it's a looter type. I know the mob is really easy to kill, but it being allowed to bypass locked doors and enter stockrooms is really annoying.
    ErzsebetHaven