Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You set a target to prism? O.o
  • When I'm feeling derpy, yeah.
  • Moirean said:

Lifers try to PK me if I come in unphased, or shout at me to leave, and then I get bitched at for disrupting stuff by showing up. So I come phased. Nobody posts logs to read, really.

I tried to make an effort to invite Moirean, but you didn't really seem interested!

i am rapture coder
    Rivas
    At that point I was getting nasty messages. I went and QQd and made dinner instead.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited July 2014
    With the Dendara events, you had the stigma of being something similar to the group of 'people' who caused the trouble in the first place. Hearn was lying wounded and vulnerable-looking in the snow the first scene AND you came in phased. Honestly, I don't think you'd have any trouble at most events if you just... walked in like a normal person.
  • I need more trade skills. Soon.. soon.
  • I hate that I can't post on my phone but here goes.. albeit a little late. Why didn't you jump onto your less suspicious type alt to watch? I don't say this part to be mean but I get the impression sometimes that Moirean will always seem to get involved in an event one way or the other. I'm not sure if that's your doing as a player or the seemingly large percentage of events that seem to be tailored to her/your involvement. Just, you know let the little people enjoy their slim slice of the admin attention when they get it. and wait like everyone else it wasn't tailored to for the log.

Politics
    Trager
  • ChelseaChelsea Australia
    That combat rankings have not been reset in over 30 IG years!!

@Admin @Oleis or someone can this be reset pretty please.
    TragerAshmer
    Gwenith said:

I hate that I can't post on my phone but here goes.. albeit a little late.
    Why didn't you jump onto your less suspicious type alt to watch?

I don't say this part to be mean but I get the impression sometimes that Moirean will always seem to get involved in an event one way or the other. I'm not sure if that's your doing as a player or the seemingly large percentage of events that seem to be tailored to her/your involvement. Just, you know let the little people enjoy their slim slice of the admin attention when they get it. and wait like everyone else it wasn't tailored to for the log.

I'm a player who plays the game. Why shouldn't I pop in and participate in stuff? Especially if it's just to sit and watch? That's one of the huge reasons we play this game - to see cool stories and be involved. If stuff was meant to be secret and exclusive, there would not be game-wide emotes about what is going on, nor would the action be taking place in a public spot. Again, I WAS IN PHASE - I was explicitly trying to avoid bugging you guys. It's really damn rude for you to act like I'm trying to hog the attention for your stupid event when I went in as anonymous as I could and was just sitting there doing nothing except watching.
  • Yup.

Politics
    Trager
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Moirean said:

Gwenith said:

I hate that I can't post on my phone but here goes.. albeit a little late.
    Why didn't you jump onto your less suspicious type alt to watch?

I don't say this part to be mean but I get the impression sometimes that Moirean will always seem to get involved in an event one way or the other. I'm not sure if that's your doing as a player or the seemingly large percentage of events that seem to be tailored to her/your involvement. Just, you know let the little people enjoy their slim slice of the admin attention when they get it. and wait like everyone else it wasn't tailored to for the log.

I'm a player who plays the game. Why shouldn't I pop in and participate in stuff? Especially if it's just to sit and watch? That's one of the huge reasons we play this game - to see cool stories and be involved. If stuff was meant to be secret and exclusive, there would not be game-wide emotes about what is going on, nor would the action be taking place in a public spot. Again, I WAS IN PHASE - I was explicitly trying to avoid bugging you guys. It's really damn rude for you to act like I'm trying to hog the attention for your stupid event when I went in as anonymous as I could and was just sitting there doing nothing except watching.
    I think she just forgot one small tidbit in the opening is all!

"I don't say this part to be mean, but HISTORICALLY.."

Boom, fixed. No need to get all up-in-arms about it.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    They see me phasin', they be hatiiin'...
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    StathanJensenEmelleMephistolesGwenithAshmerAryanne
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I hate how bored I've been with things lately that I've been playing another character more again. It's like a cycle now..each time RP tempting me to make a change that I really don't think I should. Frustrating.

StathanAshmer
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Setne‌: Apparently metagaming is marshaling and kids = muds. Autocorrect so silly.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    ARGH WAI DO I KEEP DYING?! Seriously. I've lost almost an entire level. I'm only 71. The hell. I hate bashing so so so much.
    Emelle
  • As far as I'm concerned, everything that isn't part of a OOC channel or clan, an OOC tell, a message, or interaction with Admins or Gods on an OOC level is IC.

If you're in public, it's in character. All of it, without exception.
    KerrynStathanErzsebetArekaSaritaVolkaTeani
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Clearly marked OOC tells***, that's one of my biggest pet peeves. >< "I'm going to rant at you/talk at you in a manner that is normal for my character and then at the end drop an OOC reference and tell you you can't react because it was clearly OOC even though I gave you no real way of knowing because nothing in the interaction was abnormal or marked save for the final comment."
    ErzsebetTragerFaerah
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited July 2014
    I know I'm not the first one to comment on this matter, but this...

At the foot of the Vashnar mountains. (Mhojave desert.?) (2786) [-Haern-]
    The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. A massive iron door looms above you. A yellowed bone slice lies here. There are 34 Teshen raiders here.
    MoireanCalihyeEzalor
  • ^ I was just about to post about that...there were 31 in a room I was passing and they killed me before I could even auto walk out...I lost a ton of ink and can get back to the room to get it.
    1) Enorian declares war on Bloodloch, because Ellenia said Dato was a smelly butt face.
    How fast do they spawn? Cause if I understand correctly it's a quest to keep the area under control and if people are neglecting.....
    havenbanner2
  • RouRou
    edited July 2014
    Aishia said:

I think if no gfs for 2 weeks was actually some alarm bell a lot more guilds than Syssin need some attention.

I know I'm late on this topic but THANK YOU @Aishia!
    This is exactly what was on my mind, and when mentioned, this fact was dismissed. I can still name off a handful of guilds that, even to this day, are far more stagnant and neigh-impossible to progress (mostly from afk/interview denial) than the syssin ever were. This was back when the guild was commanding topguilds at 1000+ daily for several weeks consecutively, and the requirements then still weren't very much worse than they are now. No essence or mist requirements, at least. (EDIT: I need to note that the original changes to progression requirements and such following the Inquisitor revamp were all Divine approved.)
    More concerning for me was that Administration poked in to enforce these changes, spawned from a mandated facelift/reform, but then gave Zero support in engaging or promoting activity for the guild, even when practically begged for on my part. I offered several ideas and pledged to write and do whatever I could to help cement some kind of micro-event to reinforce the change. Ideas from other secretaries like @Jensen and @Ferrik. In the end, I got absolutely nothing and drifted off to other games. Now I know not all administrators 'do rp', but I'm fairly certain they know some who do.
    *unnecessary banner*
    JensenFaerah
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Haven said:

How fast do they spawn? Cause if I understand correctly it's a quest to keep the area under control and if people are neglecting.....

The only quest I know about is the one where you get five gold per corpse.
    Yeah I think it's just the spawn rate not having an upper limit set and them getting increasingly out of control.

That being said, I think this can be handled pretty fine IG and I think it's a fun challenge we should tackle as players to sort out.
    Sarita said:
    The only quest I know about is the one where you get five gold per corpse.
    Yeah that's what I mean. Are they just spawning super fast or are people just not doing the quest?
    havenbanner2
    There is no quest. You can turnin mobs for extra gold. There's no explicit quest to cull them or drive them back. Their spawn rate just seems to be buggy. I kinda like it, though, as it is creating this "GUYS WE REALLY NEED TO BE DOING SOMETHING" situation. Maybe that's all intended! Ezalor and I both kinda ended up killing them together earlier, unplanned, just out of sheer grr-our-newb-citizens-are-dying, we both came across each other in the area and teamed up without really talking about it. I found that rather fun in a weird way. I've mobmessaged a few mobs to try to offer incentive as best I can as a Spirean to my cits to capitalize on it and help cull the rising numbers, but it's really more of a BL thing I guess, so I'm not expecting replies.
    PiperCalihye
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited July 2014
    If the teshen raiders are killing noobies, then I must be a noob. Because they've killed me. Multiple times.

:3
    Ezalor
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @Alexina‌ do you even hunt brah?
    TragerIshin
This discussion has been closed.