Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• @Ishin I don't think anyone's complaining about being open pk. The only complaining going on is about people retreating back to cities/near cities when they're massively outnumbered at lessers. Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is.

SheirosiaAlice
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    It turns an opt-in lesser fight into a situation where the city is being "raided" - guards get involved, people who didn't want to go to the lesser get pulled in, sometimes bounties get thrown out, etc.
    SheirosiaElyni
  • edited June 2014
    Moirean said:

It turns an opt-in lesser fight into a situation where the city is being "raided" - guards get involved, people who didn't want to go to the lesser get pulled in, sometimes bounties get thrown out, etc.

Solution: Look before you chase? Is it so hard to say 'oh, they've fled back to Enorian/Duiran/Bloodloch/Spinesreach/Delve, looks like they're done'.

Edit: Basically, what you're saying is coming across as 'I shouldn't be held accountable for following someone I'm trying to kill into an area that I'm not welcome in'.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Me either, @Xavin. I just see a bunch of people going WAAAAAAH WE RETREATED, YOU WON, LEAVE US ALONE. No. You have aura. Die.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MephistolesElyni
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    So then don't go chasing people out to the gates of a city...? I know if someone pathfinders back to crack, I'm not going to chase after them because it's way too much hassle to ensure you don't get lured/hammer swatted into BL.

Really, I'm not sure what you're asking for that can't be had by showing a little common sense on the part of the aggressor.

XavinPeriluna
  • Ishin said:

Me either, @Xavin. I just see a bunch of people going WAAAAAAH WE RETREATED, YOU WON, LEAVE US ALONE. No. You have aura. Die.

I don't think anyone's even saying that. No one's raging about being chased. Someone -is- raging about their own actions, however - chasing someone to a spot they -know- is likely to spiral into something more.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Yeah, I'm not really you see what the point here is, Ishin.

• edited June 2014
    Ishin said:

Actually, I don't really give a shit about the xp from lessers. For me it's all about sticking my banner of DOMINANCE in someone via my BANNER-SLINGING ARTIBOW. I like seeing that big-ass flat sticking out of @Angwe's chest after all's said and done(<3).</p>

As far as I'm aware, this is what PK is about. I think this is the first time I've ever heard someone cite the xp as the motivation for PKing.

If the admin actually think this is a problem there is an easy fix. Make it so the guard's kick people out of the city if they have the ylem aura on them. But if you willingly follow them to the city's doorstep when you're an enemy, you're making yourself a target.
    Ishin
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Ishin said:

...it's all about sticking my banner of DOMINANCE in someone via my BANNER-SLINGING ARTIBOW. I like seeing that big-ass flat sticking out of @Angwe's chest after all's said and done(

Got a collection of these now. I like to make teepees with them.
    IshinHavenEmelle
    <3
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Haven
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Of note, I've had teammates get lusted -from- a lesser area to the entrance to an enemy city, and when I went to rescue them, I got bountied for 'raiding'. I've also been chain-lured 4 rooms from non-line-of-sight into guards. The easier solution is 'until you physically step foot into a city it's not raiding' and end this LoS business. Or I could just start bountying everyone that exits east from the clouds, because that's LoS from Enorian. Or anyone that comes to use the Tear. Because that makes the same amount of sense.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

StathanDemarcusHavenFurtum
    Syssin got bountied for drinking beer in your house. Surely standing in LoS just like the rules say constitutes raiding as well :)
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MephistolesJensen
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Only problem with removing LOS is it's easy to stand outside approaching and snipe down that long corridor to anyone at the top of the street in Enorian, a good what, 7-8 rooms into the city? Though alternatively we could see about having that road changed to have a bend so LOS doesn't reach so far in.
  • The long LoS makes it easier to snipe back in defense.
    IshinHavenFaerah
  • Also, the wings artifact exit really shouldn't put you right on Enorian's doorstep. The sulfurous amulet puts you two rooms out from Bloodloch, the wings puts you two rooms out from Spinesreach, but you only get put one room out from Enorian. The wings should drop you one room northeast of where they presently drops you.
  • Ishin said:

Can't fucking 1v1 anyone these days without some scrub bitch jumping in. Fuck off man, we're trying to have fun here.

Usually, I take backup with me when I go to fight 1v1 and I let the person I'm fighting know they they will not interfere are there only as backup. I cannot count how many times I've been attacked 3v1 after an agreed to 1v1. Maybe you should bring your own backup with you next time you 1v1 and just make sure your backup knows not to interfere, regardless the outcome.

(Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

It's just the principle of the matter, @Zsadist. I mean I dig what you're saying, but damn. It shouldn't come to that imo. 1v1 should be 1v1, not 'Fuck Ishin he's on Team Red I'm going to gank him anyway, even if my buddy told me he wants to 1v1.'
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AngweFurtum
  • That was the most absurd 10 comments I've ever read.

"Please don't run to the city because then when I raid it to kill you people act like it's a raid and everything just gets so MESSY. Please to be going to NoT and hitting pause, thanks."

Silly.

"QUIT BITCHING LOL YOU LOST EAT IT."

Huh?

"The admin have made lesser PK about XP now, so if I don't get it I want it, and when I want it I want to get it, so don't resist."

The administration gave more XP at lessers to help encourage attendance. They are still about the fighting. Stop pushing your ( dead and buried ) complaints about the lesser changes.

XavinStathanIshinDaskalosSheirosiaAliceFurtumTeaniPeriluna
  • I rage when people use that stupid ass Silence item to silence a lesser? I mean come on, are you seriously that much of wimp that you can't tap it so everyone can see and we can fight? Lessers are practically the only pk that gets done outside of Sect.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• That's the point of Silence, though. Activate a leyline without the notification going off.

StathanMephistolesDemarcusTeaniPeriluna
  • I rage that I burned my hand making food.... typing so hard -.-
    StathanIshin
  • Aww, Alee, that sucks.

What is a silence item?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Silence, cloak of the Hunt, is one of the Hunting Ground items. Lets you tap a lesser without a global message.
    Stathan
  • Ishin said:

It's just the principle of the matter, @Zsadist. I mean I dig what you're saying, but damn. It shouldn't come to that imo. 1v1 should be 1v1, not 'Fuck Ishin he's on Team Red I'm going to gank him anyway, even if my buddy told me he wants to 1v1.'

No, trust me @Ishin, I completely feel you and agree with you that it shouldn't come to that. However, its gotten to that point because lets face it, Aetolia has no real conflict system to get other PK in.

• That was p funny, @moirean. I got 'the look' which is what my wife gives me when I laugh out loud at my stupid computer game.
    IshinHavenTragerEmelle
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Ishin said:

Syssin got bountied for drinking beer in your house. Surely standing in LoS just like the rules say constitutes raiding as well :)

You deliberately entered a location in the city to antagonize. I'm failing to see the correlation other than an attempt at trolling.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I go to lessers for the xp, because bashing be boring and unfortunately, outside of questing, there are no other ways to gain xp, so why not gain super awesome xp while spamming garrote.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Sheirosia
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Jensen throws a mean kegger
    IngramStathanIshinFaerah
This discussion has been closed.